Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "You will play how we say you must play."

Final nail in the Boosting coffin?
    ITT:

Freehold boosters crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yeah and this is bullshit, it's been like that since forever but suddenly now it's a bug...

I've leveled a monk in MOP by soloing dungeons (when dungeons were piss easy, until like cataclysm dungeons which were harder too solo and wasn't worth it anymore) and I was getting a ton of xp per kill, almost 5x more than in a party to be exact and I was clearing it fast enough.

What was broken is doing boosts where lvl 50s with good gear were boosting ppl in freehold quickly, they should apply xp reductions to those in a party with a character that can no longer gain xp only (like it is when someone stops exp gain), not those that are same or close in levels and just choose to do it in 3-4 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think people might be more irritated that it's been this way for a long long time and after many years they'll claim it's a bug they are just now fixing. Which makes it a bit more dumb imo, but nothing you can do.
    Nowhere in their explanation they say this is a bug. Just because it wasn't intended doesn't mean they see it as a bug. People have known this was the way dungeons worked and that is wasn't intended as the "normal" way to play the game for like 15 years. People got banned for gaming the system as early as TBC/WOTLK where they boosted in dungeons in a way close to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think people might be more irritated that it's been this way for a long long time and after many years they'll claim it's a bug they are just now fixing. Which makes it a bit more dumb imo, but nothing you can do.
    Leveling already takes less than 24 hours played. Allowing "explotations" would be dumb on their part.

Could see people's desire to get boosted when it took forever and leveling was a lot messier but now it's more tham fine. I got to 35 with 8 hours played and that's with a bit of afk-ing.

This change was alot more important than getting shadowlands released.

I approve of blizzards choice of resource allocation.

Who cares about shadowlands when you can spend time tweaking leveling wich is the most important part of wow and always has been. /s

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "You will play how we say you must play."

Final nail in the Boosting coffin?
    Quite far from it, now you just boost a full group rather than a single person. Sure it will be slower but still faster than not being boosted at all. Each player probably pays less than previously, due to it being slower, but boosters still get around the same amount of gold as they would've before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Who cares about shadowlands when you can spend time tweaking leveling wich is the most important part of wow and always has been. /s
    Lmao imagine being so mad about not being able to boost in Freehold anymore (when leveling takes literally like 10 hours at most now) that you allow yourself to legitimately believe that hotfixing XP in dungeons in the live game takes any noticeable amount of resource away from the development and release of Shadowlands

Or, alternatively, imagine having literally never had a job and therefore not understanding how resource allocation in a business works, not sure which is worse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao imagine being so mad about not being able to boost in Freehold anymore (when leveling takes literally like 10 hours at most now) that you allow yourself to legitimately believe that hotfixing XP in dungeons in the live game takes any noticeable amount of resource away from the development and release of Shadowlands

Or, alternatively, imagine having literally never had a job and therefore not understanding how resource allocation in a business works, not sure which is worse lol
    oh i havent even done this leveling strat. I got all classes at max level so the fix or nerf doesnt affect me at all. What bothers me is that shadowlands original releaseday was TODAY. And we still havent gotten a new date... thats what bothers me.

and.. its the resoruce allocation that bothers me. They suck at it, they should be allocating all their resources into getting shadowlands live, not making rediculus twaks to how azerite works post level squish and exp tuning for lowlevels, nobody cares about that. We still have leveling exp issues for lvl 50-60 on the beta, fix that shit instead.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-10-27 at 08:26 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    ITT:

Freehold boosters crying.
    good ridens to that im sick of seeing this being advertised everywhere, im also sick of people whispering the monk im levelling asking if i want to be boosted in freehold for x gold a run.

Yeah, I imagine at least 500-600 people working at the same time for weeks to fix this terribly complicated issue.

Shame on Blizzard, as usual.

oh i havent even done this leveling strat. I got all classes at max level so the fix or nerf doesnt affect me at all. What bothers me is that shadowlands original releaseday was TODAY. And we still havent gotten a new date... thats what bothers me.

and.. its the resoruce allocation that bothers me. They suck at it, they should be allocating all their resources into getting shadowlands live, not making rediculus twaks to how azerite works post level squish and exp tuning for lowlevels, nobody cares about that. We still have leveling exp issues for lvl 50-60 on the beta, fix that shit instead.
    I've got to imagine you're in some kind of workforce being a 10 year member, how the hell do you not understand that's not how a company and different positions within one works?

People in this thread so fking dumb, acting asif all rescources are allocated to fixing 1 bug at a time. Wtf.

With the effort they put into revamping questing via Exile’s Reach and Chromie Time, it’s not surprising that they adjusted this.

Besides, no need to rush to 50. The fresh character experience is unbelievably bad. I think that’s what surprises me most about paid boosts right now - you’re throwing gold at the fast and easy portion, just to hit the brick wall of grinding cloak/essences (if planning to do anything at max level).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Imagine thinking changing a few lines of code somehow halted the progression of Shadowlands in any significant way.

lmao you People are hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was kind of sick of seeing the Freehold advertisements, good riddance to them now.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    I think it's more like "You will play how it was intended, and not try to game the system."

In all honesty, they are the game creators, so they reserve the right to make hotfixes to prevent exploitations.
    This is why I am glad Ashes of Creation is staring to look very good, everything the WoW devs have been doing to remove player agency over the years is making WoW less of an RPG and more of a Diablo lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This is why I am glad Ashes of Creation is staring to look very good, everything the WoW devs have been doing to remove player agency over the years is making WoW less of an RPG and more of a Diablo lol.
    What this does is make questing and queueing normally for dungeons (i.e. running them with the intended group size) more attractive in terms of experience points per unit time. Certainly more RPG-ish than walking ~50m behind somebody who's soloing the dungeon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jindujun View Post
    Nowhere in their explanation they say this is a bug. Just because it wasn't intended doesn't mean they see it as a bug.
    The devs don't have to say it is a bug, because the Hotfix post title itself, infers it was a bug that needed to be fixed.

Hotfix meaning (from Wikipedia):
    A hotfix or quick-fix engineering update (QFE update) is a single, cumulative package that includes information (often in the form of one or more files) that is used to address a problem in a software product (i.e., a software bug). Typically, hotfixes are made to address a specific customer situation.
    Last edited by LookAtYou; 2020-10-27 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    AoC looks great on paper, but how it will play out - we shall see. I really wish them success but looking at the content and the massive depth it will have - it's a massive bite. Tho it would have to have WoW level of PvE content for me to play it long term. PvP is a side gig for me
    I am ok with some features not being there at the start or being cut out entirely rather than compromises which will make it shallow or meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    AoC looks great on paper, but how it will play out - we shall see. I really wish them success but looking at the content and the massive depth it will have - it's a massive bite. Tho it would have to have WoW level of PvE content for me to play it long term. PvP is a side gig for me
    I am ok with some features not being there at the start or being cut out entirely rather than compromises which will make it shallow or meaningless.
    From what I see with the interviews the owner did with Azmogold (he might change his plans by now) I feel his trying to create a complicated system that sound so good on paper but it will fail miserable in-game, players will always chose the fastest and easy path no matter what, i really really hope AOC will be a hit as Activision need a wakeup call and let gaming and the decisions be made by developers not the damn RP team

Nowhere in their explanation they say this is a bug. Just because it wasn't intended doesn't mean they see it as a bug.
    I didn't say they said it was a bug. I said they would claim it if people started asking. They have done it before on things things that were in the game for years and then they decided they didn't like it anymore and when people asked they said it was a bug. I don't remember the most recent incident, just that it caused a lot of uproar.

People have known this was the way dungeons worked and that is wasn't intended as the "normal" way to play the game for like 15 years.
    Your statement has a lot of assumptions in it. First, yes people knew this is how dungeons worked were XP adjusted based on amount of players. No, no one knew it wasn't intended. Why? It has been in the game since Classic. So when something like this is in the game and in it for ~15 years then people are going to figure that is the way it is meant to be. Had this happened in the pre-patch only then I could agree with you more on people knowing this isn't intended.

Secondly, you say this isn't the "normal" way to play the game for 15 years. Who is to say what is normal? Something that doesn't go with what you want it to be? If that is the case then we should have Blizzard nerf all the methods people have decided to level over the years because it isn't normal. Here's a small list, as I am sure there are ones I don't know.

People who level in "non-normal" ways, if we assume and can be wrong, that you mean questing/dungeoning:
    • People who level with Pet Battles only
    • People who herb, mine or both only to level
    • People who do not pick a faction on Panda's
    • People who do Ironman challenge
    • People who level without talents
    • People who let a max level kill everything while they get quest credit

The list could go on and on. Does that mean all the above's exploits? Does it mean they are normal? Does it mean they are non-normal? The thing is there isn't a "normal" way to level, because who is qualified enough to say what is normal? The point here is there are so many ways you can do different things, why take away options from others because it doesn't fit your view of "normal"?

People got banned for gaming the system as early as TBC/WOTLK where they boosted in dungeons in a way close to this.
    Do you have sources on this? I tried googling and didn't find anything that fit even close to what you are describing. It's possible it existed, but I see nothing supporting your statement. As I mentioned above, boosting like this has always been in the game and people have not been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Leveling already takes less than 24 hours played. Allowing "explotations" would be dumb on their part.

Could see people's desire to get boosted when it took forever and leveling was a lot messier but now it's more tham fine. I got to 35 with 8 hours played and that's with a bit of afk-ing.
    I understand you are fine with the change and that is fine, however, you can't call something an exploit if it has been in the game from the beginning and has been allowed to work. If it was an unintended thing or exploit it would've been fixed a lot sooner, such as the cases with how tagging works when people were speed leveling to world first. This was a method that was used especially a lot when RaF had 300% XP boost.

One thing that people are forgetting is the people who want to say leveling is fast are utilizing time metrics and going with "Well it only takes X hours". That would be fine in an ideal setting where things were constantly different. The thing is many people have leveled multiple characters through each expansion and on both factions so they've seen pretty much all the story. At this point it is nothing more than just a timewasting chore. Does something really matter if it takes 10 hours if it is something you've done more times than you care to count.

I always wished Blizzard would implement a shirt, more on this later, that stacked once you hit say 9-12 characters (9 for original amount of classes; 12 for current) and added for instance a 5 or 10% XP boost per toon. This way those who level casually, very few toons, wouldn't be affected and those who level alts, or need multiple alts for whatever reason, could level faster and by including it on a shirt slot this would allow people to take it off if they want to. A tabard would affect those who wanted to get rep with guild/factions while leveling. The main complaint about heirlooms were that the gear scaled, which makes it ideal for people, but allowed no option to be removed. So if it was baked into a shirt slot then it is something you can remove without hindering anything else about your character and it can easily be hidden as well.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-10-27 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to finish a sentence.