Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Me the week before launch: I'm all in. 24 hours at least on day 1. Max level end of day 1. Snacks. Wow. Redbull. LETS GO.
    Me the night of launch: Level 53, woot. Alright, time for bed.
    im going to nap early and then have food precooked
    currently sitting on 3 ribeye steaks im going to have cut up into strips

    debating on drinking water so ill have that and an icemaker rocking next to me

    i also have a plan i found on facebook about setting some exercise goals during so its like 5 levels then 55 push ups

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    shadowlands isnt out so you wont be hitting those issues....damn it this is the first launch i wont be working so i have to deal with it lol

    heirlooms do hold value though
    So you admit you haven't done a launch yet you're already certain it's going to be a disaster. Stay classy.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeniffer View Post
    Spent about 13 hours to level up from 50 till 60. I think that was in legion too.
    my experience was 9h 20 minutes to reach the level 60 and 9h 50 minutes to complete the main quests in revendreth.
    i have isuess in bastion , i had to do few secondary quests to reach 53 and ardenweald too.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you admit you haven't done a launch yet you're already certain it's going to be a disaster. Stay classy.
    i havent been on during hour one normally it hit halfway through my shift at work

    i also never said its going to be a disaster soooooo

  5. #25
    my experience in week 1 will be me baking a lot of pizza and casually leveling through all zones, completing each zone 100% before moving on, then checking out some endgame things, and hopping on an alt to see some of what the other covenants have to offer... potentially on 4 characters so I get to at least see each covenant, and then waiting for them to release more content

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    my experience in week 1 will be me baking a lot of pizza and casually leveling through all zones, completing each zone 100% before moving on, then checking out some endgame things, and hopping on an alt to see some of what the other covenants have to offer... potentially on 4 characters so I get to at least see each covenant, and then waiting for them to release more content
    sounds like a great plan

    do you plan on using the threads of fate system for your alts?

  7. #27
    I have leveled 4 chars on beta, and that when beta participation was fairly low, and it was utter shit. With only 4 other people running around that i saw, i constantly had to wait long times on mob respawns and had to rush over to get a tag. Not even wanna imagine how that going to be like on full servers. Everyone leveling in the same zones and the same linear progression is a gigantic mistake and i have no idea why blizzard went back to this stupid shit

  8. #28
    Thanks for this, seen a lot of videos and was wondering about the pacing and how much time I would need or have left before a reset and if I need to rush daily or for the week with alts etc so this helped a lot.

    Question: Where does this all start, Stormwind (faction capitals)?
    Last edited by Sorrowseer; 2020-11-06 at 01:35 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Thanks for this, seen a lot of videos and was wondering about the pacing and how much time I would need or have left before a reset and if I need to rush daily or for the week with alts etc so this helped a lot.

    Question: Where does this all start, Stormwind (faction capitals)?
    afaik the quest line starts in stormwind/org or icecrown it doesnt matter you will log in and get it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I have leveled 4 chars on beta, and that when beta participation was fairly low, and it was utter shit. With only 4 other people running around that i saw, i constantly had to wait long times on mob respawns and had to rush over to get a tag. Not even wanna imagine how that going to be like on full servers. Everyone leveling in the same zones and the same linear progression is a gigantic mistake and i have no idea why blizzard went back to this stupid shit
    after the initial rush i think it wont be too bad plus you have some taht will figure "eh ill just follow the campaign and they will get stuck halfway due to the bracket requirement

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Incarnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Sweden
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I have leveled 4 chars on beta, and that when beta participation was fairly low, and it was utter shit. With only 4 other people running around that i saw, i constantly had to wait long times on mob respawns and had to rush over to get a tag. Not even wanna imagine how that going to be like on full servers. Everyone leveling in the same zones and the same linear progression is a gigantic mistake and i have no idea why blizzard went back to this stupid shit
    During the past week I've been leveling on the Beta. Mob respawns seems to be normal right now from what I can tell, but to be fair the zones aren't seeing a lot of action atm. I personally feel like it's quick to level. Now about bugs though, can't say I've run into any game breaking ones but God damn there are a lot of them past Bastion.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    During the past week I've been leveling on the Beta. Mob respawns seems to be normal right now from what I can tell, but to be fair the zones aren't seeing a lot of action atm. I personally feel like it's quick to level. Now about bugs though, can't say I've run into any game breaking ones but God damn there are a lot of them past Bastion.
    yeah the leveling has actually changed multiple times since early beta

    its still really buggy but it is also a bit faster

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    sounds like a great plan

    do you plan on using the threads of fate system for your alts?
    I've been thinking about that. It depends on how much I can progress in endgame relevant systems while leveling up. From what I've heard so far you're not actually getting anything through that system. I don't know how true that is and if that'll change. I don't like the idea of locking myself out of the storyline campaign, so unless leveling through that system will be faster, or there'll be something relevant to the endgame I can earn (renown, anima, whatever), I'll stick with the normal system.

  13. #33
    Heh, I took 24th and 25th as vacation days. Something I never did for any video game or WoW playing since 2006. Okay, well, I do need a small break a bit, so timing's perfect.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    I'm wondering about the experience, but from a more technical angle.

    Since prepatch, the game has been hella laggy. For some reason Ny'alotha is seeing lag spikes (the delay is sometimes +1 sec), but it's very inconsistent, happening in different places and to different people.

    Then there's a starting zone. As you said, it's the first time since MoP that the leveling is fully linear and same pace for both factions. And let me tell you - it's bad news. Just make a new character and go level in Pandaria. It's a laggy HELL before you get lev 20 and are able to go warmode on. Can't imagine what it will be on release, with everyone being packed into the same places.
    its even worse than mop :S

    Now allys and hordes are doing the same qlines in the first zone.
    and... we cant skip zone one by spamming dungs.
    Its gonna be a shitshow :<
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    its even worse than mop :S

    Now allys and hordes are doing the same qlines in the first zone.
    and... we cant skip zone one by spamming dungs.
    Its gonna be a shitshow :<
    thats where sharding and phasing is going to come in handy

    the part that is going to have issues is that bottleneck in maldraxus

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    thats where sharding and phasing is going to come in handy

    the part that is going to have issues is that bottleneck in maldraxus
    I mean, does it mean there's no phasing in the previous expansions zones? I can't see a reason why there wouldn't be. And there's no way there are more people leveling alts in Jade Forest than there will be people leveling their mains on release day.

    And then there's Nya'lotha. There's no reason to suspect that there are more people raiding now than there were when the raid opened.

    Something really broke when the prepatch hit. What's worse, the lags are STILL there in the raid.

  17. #37
    0. login queues, massive lag, the usual fare. Unless they reuse the trick of starting with an instanced scenario as a way to regulate the flow of people going into the new content, that actually worked well in bfa for the lag part (dunno for legion as I wasn't there at launch)

    1. I will just hang around in $zone spending more time ganking people than progressing through the quests. People will be tunneling visioning their oh so important quests and sacrosanct progression to the point that they won't even help the guy I'm killing right next to them. Leveling more slowly than average will actually help me with it, as it always do on new xpacks release day, because of the crazy stat devaluation as you level up. People will angrily question in /w why I'm ganking them instead of "enjoying the new content" and I will have to explain that the boring quests aren't going anywhere, whereas the world pvp opportunities are. It will be the 100th time I have this exact conversation and I'm becoming exceedingly efficient at it

    2. i will eventually get through the quests until $next_zone (i will just do/go wherever AAP tells me)

    3. once I get in the maw I will just gank everybody again instead of doing whatever boring chores the game wants me to do

    4. a few weeks later once I get too much behind for refusing to participate in the mandatory weekly chores instead of doing things that I find fun, I will cancel my sub (or rather, not renew it since I dont care for the auto renewal deal)

    5. once .2 or .3 comes around I might check the game out again as they will probably have gutted most of their shitty progression systems by then, like they have been doing since legion

  18. #38
    My experience for first week (days) will be login with all my characters to activate bonus exp and logout for a week (days) to do other stuff.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    plan is to get Loremaster day one. most of first week will involve doing all the necessary shit as well as getting achievements. aim of the end of the first week will be to have all the mythic dungeons done; but will see how that goes

  20. #40
    I will just play and don't worry about my speed etc.
    Most importantly: I will NOT make the mistake again to miss opportunities of making a lot of gold just to ding max level a few hours earlier.
    Like in BFA when I ran across a part of Nazmir where herbs were respawning almost instantly with a lot of anchorweed.
    That being said there is a certain spot in shadowlands where you have to kill skinnable mobs and which will be crowded af, hyperspawning the
    sht out of it. Probably I will spend a day there just skinning... ^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •