Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    He's heavily connected to Death right? So I would say it's possible he went to The Shadowlands somehow. Order/Chaos realm or simply being vanished is also possible. The same goes for Yogg-saron imo, the connection to death makes it possible for Blizz to just send them there for cool twists or something but they might screw it up :/

I was under the impression the cutscene depicted the rest of the titans using his world-soul's power to imprison Sargeras.

He is still the titan of death though, and considering the timeframe, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes into play in some form in Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I would not be surprised if Argus' world soul going to the Shadowlands is what jammed up the machine of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't really know - it may have gone to the Shadowlands, or it may have gone elsewhere. Shadowlands may touch on what death means for Titans, but if so we've not yet gotten to that point.
    I thought we used his soul to lock Sargeras up, maybe I'm wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would not be surprised if Argus' world soul going to the Shadowlands is what jammed up the machine of death.
    Argus: Uh guys....I'm stuck....I don't know who designed this thing but...yeah I'm stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I thought we used his soul to lock Sargeras up, maybe I'm wrong?
    His energies were used, I don't know about his soul or essence, though - we did kill him with the help of the Pantheon, after all. But more in general we also don't know what happens to Titanic souls on death, so if Argus did actually die we still don't know where he ended up. I like the idea that this is what the Sepulcher that the Primus mentions might prove to be - some kind of special Shadowlands realm for the souls of powerful entities like Titans, literal gods, and the like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Hey unfortunately the cosmology chart gives the impression like there's a Order Plane or a Fel Plane.

From Chronicles alone, there is no Order Plane. The "Fel Plane" is the twisting nether. Demons go there when they die, but that's something unique to them. Mortals go in general to the Shadowlands. Naaru do have a plane they go to, and there's a void region. Etc. But from what we know, there is no "order plan" or "disorder" plane etc.

But I do agree it would make some sense if there is one cause they do have souls so one think they have to go somewhere?
    The material universe, the Great Dark Beyond, is the plane of order. Titans are born from worlds in the material universe. If they are truly the ultimate creatures of order as we all seem to believe, then where they are born is their plane is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    The material universe, the Great Dark Beyond, is the plane of order. Titans are born from worlds in the material universe. If they are truly the ultimate creatures of order as we all seem to believe, then where they are born is their plane is it not?
    Yea that's not how it works. The material universe is not the "order plane". The order section is just a section in the cosmo chart. It's not an actual dimension. Titans are born as Titan Souls within the core of a Planet. That planet is part of the material universe. Titans's profession, or what they do is to create order within the Material Universe. That's why they are part of the material section in the cosomo chart. Not that there's a plane labeled order. These planes are an abstraction. A category of sorts. For example there is no "disorder plane", what exist is the twisting nether. Demons are part of the "disorder" chart because their primary function is to cause disorder and/or chaos. But their actual "plane" is the twisting nether.

At least that's how I interpret it. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-11-02 at 08:28 PM.

We don't really know - it may have gone to the Shadowlands, or it may have gone elsewhere. Shadowlands may touch on what death means for Titans, but if so we've not yet gotten to that point.
    From what Legion showed it would seem that there is no real death for the Titans. Sargeras killed his brothers and sisters, but their essence remained and could reform into new bodies once we freed them and presumably they would have done the same if they had been turned to Sargeras side. With that in mind Argus' essence probably remained at the Seat, to reform at some point.

But you are right. We don't know enough.

Maybe a slain Titan's essence goes to a new Planet to be reborn aeons later or something like that. Azeroth might just be the first Titan ever but was killed by, say, the Jailer and thus she came to our Planet to be reborn at some point. Possibilities, possibilities.

There was some talk that we would see the home planet of the Titans in SLs. That would surely answer some of these questions. As a sucker for these cosmic storylines, I can't wait

So when we killed Argus the unmaker where did his soul go? Is there a pocket dimension for him and other deceased titans and titanforged go? Perhaps in an obscure region of the shadowlands or their own shadowlands type domain?
    The Titans used his remaining power to assist them in dragging Sargeras into the Seat of the Pantheon and trapping him there. Whether this killed him for good or not has yet to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Maybe a slain Titan's essence goes to a new Planet to be reborn aeons later or something like that. Azeroth might just be the first Titan ever but was killed by, say, the Jailer and thus she came to our Planet to be reborn at some point. Possibilities, possibilities.
    If that's the case then there's one more Titan world-soul out there: the one Sargeras hastily destroyed during his initial fall into darkness.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Didn’t they use his soul to power the tractor beam on sargeras and keep him imprisoned?

I believe the Titans needed his soul to power the imprisonment of Sargeras, yeah.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yea that's not how it works. The material universe is not the "order plane". The order section is just a section in the cosmo chart. It's not an actual dimension. Titans are born as Titan Souls within the core of a Planet. That planet is part of the material universe. Titans's profession, or what they do is to create order within the Material Universe. That's why they are part of the material section in the cosomo chart. Not that there's a plane labeled order. These planes are an abstraction. A category of sorts. For example there is no "disorder plane", what exist is the twisting nether. Demons are part of the "disorder" chart because their primary function is to cause disorder and/or chaos. But their actual "plane" is the twisting nether.

At least that's how I interpret it. I could be wrong.
    Riiiight.... Like I said, the material universe, the Great Dark Beyond, that's the "plane of order" where physics exists. The Twisting Nether is the plane of disorder.

Probably to the realm of Order...

Or his energy is what's keeping Sargeras bound. Was heavily implied in Aman'thul's leaked 7.3 voice files.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post

Argus: Uh guys....I'm stuck....I don't know who designed this thing but...yeah I'm stuck.
    It makes me think that the machine is literal and nascent titan is stuck in some spooky gears because he is too big.

I have a theory that the Jailer didn't have a physical form until Argus died.

Somehow the soul of Argus went to the Maw and the Jailer took possession of it.

The Great Dark Beyond is the realm of the elements, not Order. Elementals were the first forms of life on planets, elementals are tied to their planets and are reborn after death on their planets. We even have an example of a super-elemental Murmur(I think all powers have a high tier of a Titan-level creature - Void has Void Lords, Elementals have Murmur, Death has Eternal Ones (it's still not clear whether they are of the Titan level or weaker )), which was summoned from some distant corner of space. You also forget that titans do not appear on planets. Titans CREATE the planets. The world soul wanders through space until it finds a suitable star that will provide the soul with warmth and after that the soul creates a planet around itself. Titans should be like the Naaru. They are beings of one of the powers, but appeared in The Great Dark Beyond after the creation of the Universe. Just as the clouds of Light were thrown into The Great Dark Beyond and formed the Naaru, most likely, just like a huge amount of arcane was thrown into the material universe and thus the world souls were created. And just as the Naaru fall into the Light after death, the Titans after death fall into some kind of arcane plan.