Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Warchief gaming? a little on the nose don't you think
    Cause wow created the term Warchief amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So the only 2 people left I "remember" at Blizzard now, as people I respect, are Ion Hazzikostas and Jeff Kaplan. If they leave, I will concider Blizzard completely a "new era" company.

Sad to see really.
    I also have massive respect and hope for Tom Chilton who has been working on an unknown project since 2016. The only thing we've even heard from him since was the classic with the creator's clip showing he still has a passion for WoW, so it very well might be a WoW 2 / TITAN successor he is working on.

Quote Originally Posted by jesscal11 View Post

Like the scripted story of moving from the house to the garage to the 2000 sq ft space? Totally made up. Boring.
    Dead-end, what are you talking about? The TTRPG industry is booming.

Go into any decent gaming shop and there are kerjillions of titles for all interests these days.

So many Blizzard vets are leaving the company now. I wonder what they know that we dont?

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Kaplan has very very outdated ideas about MMOs.
    Compared to Hazzikostas' action/arcade, console-inspired, mobile-influenced, next-gen RPG lite ideas, I'd stick with Kaplan's "outdated" ones, thanks.

Literally just 2 rich guys promoting their hobby project.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Compared to Hazzikostas' action/arcade, console-inspired, mobile-influenced, next-gen RPG lite ideas, I'd stick with Kaplan's "outdated" ones, thanks.
    Amen man. Then even worse they realize they make mistakes (and admit it 2-3 expansions later) but continue to double and triple down on those mistakes out of what I can only imagine is pride.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Yeah that worked so well for Classic past the initial hype. Or any of the dozen MMOs that tried to appeal to the nostalgia of the early WoW days. The industry has changed and Kaplan is stuck in the past. I'm happy for you that you like him but I'd trust some posters on these forums over him when it comes to MMOs tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I did not expect this. I was hoping that Metzen would join up with Mike Morhaime and become a creative director for Dreamhaven or something. Feels like we have way to many different studios made by former Blizzard employees. They should just all combine and call themselves ''The Real Blizzard'' while starting all over with new IP's.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I did not expect this. I was hoping that Metzen would join up with Mike Morhaime and become a creative director for Dreamhaven or something. Feels like we have way to many different studios made by former Blizzard employees. They should just all combine and call themselves ''The Real Blizzard'' while starting all over with new IP's.
    LOL that would be hilarious.

They all gather up and create Snowstorm tm.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe View Post
    So many Blizzard vets are leaving the company now. I wonder what they know that we dont?
    I was curious because I keep seeing posts like this, so I checked and the average length of time employees work for their current employer is 4.6 years, according to the Bureau of Labour Statistics. This dude lasted nearly three times your average tenure while working at Blizzard. I'm sure they take shitty working conditions into consideration when they poll these numbers, what information do you have that would imply the length of time this dude worked at Blizzard was shorter than normal? Have you created a scenario in your mind because you have a chip on your shoulder and you're looking for anything, literally anything, to justify your prejudice? Some things to think about, it might make you less miserable.

All the good Blizzard people are jumping ship. I wonder why...

The Horde has given up the title of Warchief...

...But the TRUE Warchief hasn't!

Hopefully he can still lend his voice to WoW characters in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    i am sorry but respect to ION?????
    Ion does a good job. The people bashing him are toxic children. Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jesscal11 View Post
    I can never take what Chris Metzen is saying seriously, he gives me massive pathological liar type vibes.

Like the scripted story of moving from the house to the garage to the 2000 sq ft space? Totally made up. Boring.

GL Chris you haven't been missed from wow, table top games are a dead end but I'm sure you have enough money to do anything and not give a damn. *shrug*
    Lol...not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Activision better be sweetening up any OG Warcraft devs if they want any chance of surviving at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yeah that worked so well for Classic past the initial hype.
    Yeah, because things such as one button rotations, insane class imbalances, 1-3 mechanic(s) boss encounters or utterly broken PvP systems is essential to old school RPG's.
    Not to mention that Blizzard made it objectively worse by sticking strictly to the 1.12 code.

Maybe you should seperate the issues that simply stem from the game being made in 2005 from the philosophy that was applied to create the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Literally just 2 rich guys promoting their hobby project.
    ...which is assuredly going to be insanely high-quality and consumer-oriented...

10+ Year Old Account
    All OG people who gave a shit are gone and now we get fairy wings paid DLC.

And 2 more cult of personality projects that have yet to deliver on anything.