Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just make a virtual table top, ala pokerstars VR, throw some dice and character sheets in it.. and walk away.. dont try to start adding all the crazy stuff where the table plays the game for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Don't you guys have tabletops?
    We do, but we also have COVID Still, I'm definitely down to grab a few new games.

I can't help but feel schadenfreude when I see more news announcements of people leaving Blizzard than positive press about Blizzard's efforts...

It's pretty telling when you have your top talent, and senior leadership at that, leaving to go to other studios or even start their own. Phew.

I love tabletop games, will keep an eye on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I've never gotten too much into the hardcore tabletop scene. I've done rpg tabletop campaigns, but low-budget and more using the power of imagination than wallet. The stuff is incredibly cool. But having to spend thousands on a real Warhammer-type table setup is a pretty big barrier to entry to the hardcore tabletop gaming.

But then again maybe that's the business opportunity he sees. If real quality tabletop gaming could be made more affordable so that it is more accessible to the masses that would be a (no pun intended) game changer.
    Wishful thought: Lots of figure painters have been asking for WoW miniatures for years, not just the hero clicks or whatever they were called. Perhaps Metzen having his own tabletop company and his links to Blizzard will lead to this wish to come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Everybody is leaving Blizz to go to other companies, wtf

Hopefully this will be a wake up to Blizzard that they should probably go back to their roots a bit. I mean, the people that made those roots are gone now but they better figure it out.

Good. Get the fuck out, Kosak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Everybody is leaving Blizz to go to other companies, wtf
    And start to develop some secret game that we will never hear of.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I honestly didnt know people played tabletop games in anymore. I guess maybe MtG, but other than that I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Hopefully this will be a wake up to Blizzard that they should probably go back to their roots a bit. I mean, the people that made those roots are gone now but they better figure it out.
    Blizzard? Blizzard is dead. There's just Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    He retired. Came out of retirement in a non competing space and used the word warchief. A very common word especially in fantasy genre. you are reaching for drama where there is none.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up working with blizzard to use their IP

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    I honestly didnt know people played tabletop games in anymore. I guess maybe MtG, but other than that I had no idea.
    D&D is making a comeback in recent years, tabletop is fine. Even in this pandemic, online VTTs are keeping the scene going strong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since Blizzard put the warchief in the dumpster i see nothing but fair to Metzen take it

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wonder if Metzen will make any Warcraft related games with his new company he’s obviously still on good terms with blizzard as thrall is still around and there have been wow board games in the past.
    if anything, they can do a team up and do the next warcraft rpg book, with the new era

D&D is making an abnormal amount of success lately, going for a similar route and making a warcraft akin to the 5 edition would be a good mov

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    And start to develop some secret game that we will never hear of.
    in 3-5 years , we'll see if all those new company worth it or not

if they only do some basic game, nothing AAA, well..yeah that suck hard to make so much annoucement like this, presently

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    He retired. Came out of retirement in a non competing space and used the word warchief. A very common word especially in fantasy genre. you are reaching for drama where there is none.
    Not to mention isn't he still voicing Thrall for the game?

While I am incredibly hyped for all the new studios like frost giant and dreamhaven... It's sad to see Blizzard bleed out employees left and right. I still love wow and I hope it still stays a great game for the years to come, with great sequels to the games I loved as a kid.

For all the kids crying he used the word Warchief cause he used to work for Blizzard and voice Thrall.

Go back to school and find out that Blizzard didn't invent the word/term "Warchief" OMG WHAT!? yeah sorry to ruin your world but Blizzard didn't create anything original, nothing, not one single things is original that they create.

Until one of these (what are we at now for blizzard "killing" companies? Double digits?) actually puts out a good game I'm not holding my breath.

But but.. according to Ion and Blizzard fanboys here Metzen, Pardo and Morhaime all "retiring" and starting their own companies is a coincidence