Would you rather live in the home you live in currently forever or leave tomorrow?

I would say the first option , love it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stay where I am. Been in the home we have for decades and plan on staying as long as I can physically take care of it. 14 acres, of which 5 acres consist of woods, natural spring for water. 3 bedroom home, barn and several out buildings,very private. Good neighbors. 20 mins to a all the stores I care to shop at. Paved road. Low property taxes. Cable service, central air. Natural gas, low cost electric service.

Other than reaching the point of not being able to take care of it, why the hell would I be crazy enough to want to live anyplace else?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

hm not planing to leave my apartment anytime soon . But i live in very comfortable 120m^2 apartment in nice neighboorhood. the only way to upgrade it tbh would be to buy a townhouse but tbh dont see need as the unkeep would be crazy high and tbh waste of money in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay forever or leave tomorrow I'd leave tomorrow in a heartbeat. My house is ok but it's not a forever place.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

If the tomorrow option was moving into my fully self sufficient retirement home yes since it will cut my utility bills down by 2/3 and I could instantly start working part time until retirement age giving me 2 extra days off a week for the next 33 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We live in a home on a military base, so of course I’d leave it. We want to buy a forever home in a couple of years.
    Invest in solar, wind or water when you decide to. It may have an up front cost but when you get to retirement age as most people won't be able to afford the utilities if they continue to rise the way they are.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    leave tomorrow for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Invest in solar, wind or water when you decide to. It may have an up front cost but when you get to retirement age as most people won't be able to afford the utilities if they continue to rise the way they are.
    That will depend on where you live and the political situation at the time. Currently in Ohio, our utilities are pretty cheap because Ohio ( and the US as a whole ) have a abundance of natural gas. Of course there is nothing wrong by investing in solar energy and water. Wind? Na.

Of course if Winter Blossom wants to buy a home in Kansas, wind might be a good option. lol!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That will depend on where you live and the political situation at the time. Currently in Ohio, our utilities are pretty cheap because Ohio ( and the US as a whole ) have a abundance of natural gas. Of course there is nothing wrong by investing in solar energy and water. Wind? Na.

Of course if Winter Blossom wants to buy a home in Kansas, wind might be a good option. lol!
    Ya exactly, plan it based on surrounding factors for sure. Here in the east coast of Canada our utilities are far exceeding our income to the point of many people working pay to pay just to pay rent food and utilities, it is the reason I stayed with my parents and saved till 24 and then just bought my house outright and even doing that we have struggled at times but I can see it becoming harder and harder to make ends meet for many who are not able to prepare.

Stay. But I don't know what or where the alternative would be- leave where? Out on the street or do I get to pick somewhere else to live? If the latter I would like to go back to my hometown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could definitely see myself living in the house I'm living in for the rest of my life. It's a small/medium sized house that's comfy, in a good, quiet area that is close to a lot of stores and hospitals, and a decent sized yard.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    ........ fuck that state. So glad to be free of it.
    Lol! I knew you felt that way about Kansas. And I do not blame you. I spent enough time there at Fort Riley to know it is not a state I would want to live in. Too flat and I also remember it being windy a lot, which made winters feel even worse.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on where would I move to.
    Could I live where I am currently for the remainder of my life? Perhaps but there could be better or worse accommodations waiting for me.

Easy, I'd move tomorrow. But I have means. Would I have to sell my current place?

I don't stay in one place for very long. I'm a sucker for uprooting myself and not being too attached to any one place.

I've already got an owned property elsewhere being rented out in which I used to live, a 2nd wouldn't be a problem.

Why stay where you are when there's a whole world to see, if you don't have obstacles barring your way from doing so?

Leave, I'm sick of being stuck with family.

Leave. I really like my current apartment, but it's a single person's apartment. Living here for the rest of my life would mean being in my lonesome or cramped af all that time.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?