Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MMO vs singleplayer game. Shouldn't be much affected. Also, SL should be out before dec 10 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    All the people here saying Cyberpunk does not affect SL are either still kids or have 0 clue on how business works.

Jesus wake the fuck up, it’s not that hard to put 1 and 1 together......

Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much
    Well, I am sure you have your market research data ready to share with us to back up that last sentence

You assume that everyone who likes an MMORPG will automatically like Cyberpunk. Hell..as others have said...why not reach even further and say the PS 5 fucks up SL? Or that the next FIFA game affects a Blittard game release.

If times are so difficult that you now only have 60 dollars to spend on a game? Here is a hint: Don't spend it on a game at all. I have ZERO interest at Cyberpunk and it is a game that has been pushed back 3 times and been developed since 2013. For all I know about "the business" it could be a turd of Duke Nukem 4ever proportions.

What ever you are putting together...I wouldn't call it "hard to do" but rather "contrived"

Anyways...I have 120 Euros for games this year...and instead of buying Cyberpunk AND SL, I blew it all on the SL Physical CE. Go me. So much for knowing what ppl will and will not do.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    That was before the first delay. Nothing has been clarified since the first delay announcement apart from a vague and open to interpretation "this year".

All the people here saying Cyberpunk does not affect SL are either still kids or have 0 clue on how business works.

Jesus wake the fuck up, it’s not that hard to put 1 and 1 together......

Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much.

Also all the press / social media will talk about is CP2077, SL would just end up overlooked...
    Yes... clearly we are the adolescent ones. Are you insinuating everyone suddenly got poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Who cares It's just a single player game, not like it's competitive or anything, people can play it whenever.
    Not with how WoW is designed these days. If you are not playing WoW every day then you fall behind everyone else. Of course this doesn't matter if you are not a raider.

i'm very glad cyberpunk got delayed, cuz that means i'll get my PS5 ready by release date
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Not with how WoW is designed these days. If you are not playing WoW every day then you fall behind everyone else. Of course this doesn't matter if you are not a raider.
    Ah yes that 3 hours a week to stay competitive in SL surely means every single wow player will have 0 time for anything else. There lives will crumble under the pressure of playing for a little bit.... economies will shatter since ALL wow players can't go into work.

This is how china takes over.

How so? Shadowlands wasn't meant to be launched in November anyway, they'll not magically accelerate development and release it sooner because Cyberpunk now will launch at or around the same time as Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    i'm very glad cyberpunk got delayed, cuz that means i'll get my PS5 ready by release date
    I mean, you still play the PS4 version on the PS5, apart from faster loading times and maybe more FPS there isn't any difference, right?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    That was before the first delay. Nothing has been clarified since the first delay announcement apart from a vague and open to interpretation "this year".
    How much more vague and open can you interpret "this year" in a different way than "on or before December 31, 2020" (which totally is also "this year")

Or what is your interpretation of the words "this year"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Because "everyone" (as in every single person) plays every day and it is just "you" that falls behind. I love this hyperbole.

Reality is like more among the lines of: Some people play every day and play lot, because they want to be cutting edge. All the others who play less...yes...they are behind THOSE people but there are still TONS of like-minded ppl playing casually that they can play with.

I think shadowlands gonna be dealayed once more for janury/ferbuary :P Did dyberpunk affects ? Dont think so. Both companys are messy and crunch developers thats all about. Pandemia affects more likely i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    A direct competitor, sure I can see the logic in that. Another game tho, I am sure they do their best to avoid them if possible. With the fires and games being delayed left and right. I am starting to think that a 2021 shadowlands release is more and more likely
    No. Release dates have never been affected by other games release dates - Blizzard doesn’t do that.

Why would it? Two different games. In fact, Cyberpunk and wow are games you easily can play at the same time. Shift between them and all that.

And BTW - I cant believe the outrage this delay(of Cyberpunk) has caused. What the hell is wrong with people? The game will come out soon enough. Dont let a games release affect your life in such a negative way. jeez

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It is still there.

They should have removed it.

Depends on what you mean with affect.

If shadowlands is out before Cyberpunk comes out, of course some people will take a break from shadowlands and play through Cyberpunk.

If Blizzard will avoid releasing Shadowlands around the same time as Cyberpunk, no they wont care, they will release Shadowlands when ever they want what ever game comes out around that time.

And sells both games are probably heavily pre ordered and so diffrent type of games so Cyberpunk will probably not effect Wow sales that much, and same the other way around, Wow will probably not effect Cyberpunk sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Depends on what you mean with affect.

If shadowlands is out before Cyberpunk comes out, of course some people will take a break from shadowlands and play through Cyberpunk.

If Blizzard will avoid releasing Shadowlands around the same time as Cyberpunk, no they wont care, they will release Shadowlands when ever they want what ever game comes out around that time.

And sells both games are probably heavily pre ordered and so diffrent type of games so Cyberpunk will probably not effect Wow sales that much, and same the other way around, Wow will probably not effect Cyberpunk sales.
    I think its more likely that Shadowlands will affect Cyberpunk then the other way around.

If Cyberpunk comes out while i am gearing up for raids in Shadowlands i just wont be buying it.

AC: Valhalla coming out before shadowlands is a much more likely candidate

IMHO:

It probably was never releasing this year anyway.

If it does release this year, early December looks like the best time.

Nobody wants to launch against cyberpunk. WoW starts at a peak with xpak launches and slowly fades until the next one. Launch period is crucial, and they might try to avoid the biggest game of the year if possible(certainly the biggest on PC).

Mainly because Cyberpunk is made by Witcher 3 devs, is also an RPG, is probably a very long game, and is a PC-centric game, which has a lot of crossover with the same audience. It is also hugely anticipated and will be coming right off the heels of the new console launches as well, which won't directly affect PC but will make in even bigger from a marketing standpoint.

Some will get it and some won't, but to try and understand, would Blizzard launch an xpak the same week Witcher 4 or Skyrim 2 came out?

It has also been being discussed a lot(many many times) in some of the release day speculation threads. No one ever seemed to have a problem with the idea until it actually might interfere with the WoW launch and now they think it is impossible. Now I see tons of pushback and contempt for cyberpunk, some of it passive-aggressive or intentionally obtuse. People mad that cyberpunk MIGHT affect wow release date. We'll see. I hope SL launches in 2020 too, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-28 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This delay hurts shadowlands more than it does cyberpunk for sure.
    The delay is only good for Shadowlands in the long run. Blizzard needs to stop appeasing the try hard guilds and make a good game and stop worrying about e-sports in an RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    MMO vs singleplayer game. Shouldn't be much affected. Also, SL should be out before dec 10 anyway.
    Most are speculating last week of Nov which makes the most sense.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    they did, the most famous I can remember is warhammer online resulting in a rush for wrath, which piss me off because wrath was amazing, i can't imagine with even more time in oven
    How, exactly, was Wrath rushed for Warhammer?

I mean hell, Wrath was still back before any sort of precedent was set - Saying it was "rushed" is already a flimsy premise considering there really wasn't a short period of time between Sunwell and Wrath launch, but then we consider the not-short period of time a rush? Compared to the two year expansion period they've been putting themselves through?
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-10-28 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much.
    A lot of people already bought Shadowlands so having $60 for the month of December is not that relevant. Cyberpunk needs to rely on 100% new sales. Shadowlands does not because it has the added benefit of existing customers that will buy and play even if they play other games.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-28 at 03:43 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah - I mean...I am really looking forward to the new zones and all...and will totally take my time. But ofc there will also be a bunch of people just madly getting prepped for what they consider their endgame: Raiding and PvP. And that is indeed later.

BTW: my country is looking at a possible 4 week lockdown, so..hey ...release(even just of the Zombie event) very soon in whatever state works for me - Hell...they can spring it with a week's notice for all I care.
    Is it sad that I'm kinda more excited for the Zombies than I am Shadowlands?
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter