Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Not with how WoW is designed these days. If you are not playing WoW every day then you fall behind everyone else. Of course this doesn't matter if you are not a raider.
    Ah yes that 3 hours a week to stay competitive in SL surely means every single wow player will have 0 time for anything else. There lives will crumble under the pressure of playing for a little bit.... economies will shatter since ALL wow players can't go into work.

This is how china takes over.

How so? Shadowlands wasn't meant to be launched in November anyway, they'll not magically accelerate development and release it sooner because Cyberpunk now will launch at or around the same time as Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    i'm very glad cyberpunk got delayed, cuz that means i'll get my PS5 ready by release date
    I mean, you still play the PS4 version on the PS5, apart from faster loading times and maybe more FPS there isn't any difference, right?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I think shadowlands gonna be dealayed once more for janury/ferbuary :P Did dyberpunk affects ? Dont think so. Both companys are messy and crunch developers thats all about. Pandemia affects more likely i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    A direct competitor, sure I can see the logic in that. Another game tho, I am sure they do their best to avoid them if possible. With the fires and games being delayed left and right. I am starting to think that a 2021 shadowlands release is more and more likely
    No. Release dates have never been affected by other games release dates - Blizzard doesn’t do that.

Why would it? Two different games. In fact, Cyberpunk and wow are games you easily can play at the same time. Shift between them and all that.

And BTW - I cant believe the outrage this delay(of Cyberpunk) has caused. What the hell is wrong with people? The game will come out soon enough. Dont let a games release affect your life in such a negative way. jeez

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    That was before the first delay. Nothing has been clarified since the first delay announcement apart from a vague and open to interpretation "this year".
    It is still there.

They should have removed it.

Depends on what you mean with affect.

If shadowlands is out before Cyberpunk comes out, of course some people will take a break from shadowlands and play through Cyberpunk.

If Blizzard will avoid releasing Shadowlands around the same time as Cyberpunk, no they wont care, they will release Shadowlands when ever they want what ever game comes out around that time.

And sells both games are probably heavily pre ordered and so diffrent type of games so Cyberpunk will probably not effect Wow sales that much, and same the other way around, Wow will probably not effect Cyberpunk sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Depends on what you mean with affect.

If shadowlands is out before Cyberpunk comes out, of course some people will take a break from shadowlands and play through Cyberpunk.

If Blizzard will avoid releasing Shadowlands around the same time as Cyberpunk, no they wont care, they will release Shadowlands when ever they want what ever game comes out around that time.

And sells both games are probably heavily pre ordered and so diffrent type of games so Cyberpunk will probably not effect Wow sales that much, and same the other way around, Wow will probably not effect Cyberpunk sales.
    I think its more likely that Shadowlands will affect Cyberpunk then the other way around.

If Cyberpunk comes out while i am gearing up for raids in Shadowlands i just wont be buying it.

AC: Valhalla coming out before shadowlands is a much more likely candidate

IMHO:

It probably was never releasing this year anyway.

If it does release this year, early December looks like the best time.

Nobody wants to launch against cyberpunk. WoW starts at a peak with xpak launches and slowly fades until the next one. Launch period is crucial, and they might try to avoid the biggest game of the year if possible(certainly the biggest on PC).

Mainly because Cyberpunk is made by Witcher 3 devs, is also an RPG, is probably a very long game, and is a PC-centric game, which has a lot of crossover with the same audience. It is also hugely anticipated and will be coming right off the heels of the new console launches as well, which won't directly affect PC but will make in even bigger from a marketing standpoint.

Some will get it and some won't, but to try and understand, would Blizzard launch an xpak the same week Witcher 4 or Skyrim 2 came out?

It has also been being discussed a lot(many many times) in some of the release day speculation threads. No one ever seemed to have a problem with the idea until it actually might interfere with the WoW launch and now they think it is impossible. Now I see tons of pushback and contempt for cyberpunk, some of it passive-aggressive or intentionally obtuse. People mad that cyberpunk MIGHT affect wow release date. We'll see. I hope SL launches in 2020 too, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-28 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This delay hurts shadowlands more than it does cyberpunk for sure.
    The delay is only good for Shadowlands in the long run. Blizzard needs to stop appeasing the try hard guilds and make a good game and stop worrying about e-sports in an RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    MMO vs singleplayer game. Shouldn't be much affected. Also, SL should be out before dec 10 anyway.
    Most are speculating last week of Nov which makes the most sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much.
    A lot of people already bought Shadowlands so having $60 for the month of December is not that relevant. Cyberpunk needs to rely on 100% new sales. Shadowlands does not because it has the added benefit of existing customers that will buy and play even if they play other games.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-28 at 03:43 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah - I mean...I am really looking forward to the new zones and all...and will totally take my time. But ofc there will also be a bunch of people just madly getting prepped for what they consider their endgame: Raiding and PvP. And that is indeed later.

BTW: my country is looking at a possible 4 week lockdown, so..hey ...release(even just of the Zombie event) very soon in whatever state works for me - Hell...they can spring it with a week's notice for all I care.
    Is it sad that I'm kinda more excited for the Zombies than I am Shadowlands?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yes... clearly we are the adolescent ones. Are you insinuating everyone suddenly got poor?
    'suddenly'? No my guy, 2020 has been more than sudden, it's been one long shit sammich of being forced to not work, stay home, and make very little.
    Have you been in a different world the entire time again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is it sad that I'm kinda more excited for the Zombies than I am Shadowlands?
    Not at all, love what you love
    Though having been there for wotlk prepatch, I can tell you the novelty does wear thin after a bit for many people, which made it more fun for me.
    Just non-stop whining from AH players
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Though having been there for wotlk prepatch, I can tell you the novelty does wear thin after a bit for many people, which made it more fun for me.
    Just non-stop whining from AH players
    Pretty sure its been nerfed so it won't be anywhere near as annoying. I wish it weren't. The inconvenience was entertaining for the wotlk prepatch

If you want to know the dates of WoW's Patches and expansion release simply look at its biggest competitor - Final Fantasy XIV.

Patch 8.2 Dropped on the Tuesday before Shadowbringers officially went live for everyone (Not including early Access pre-orders)

Patch 8.25 went live the Tuesday before Patch 5.1 in Final Fantasy XIV. Yes not a big patch, but they know that Final Fantasy does not release tier content in odd numbered patches so they didn't go big

Patch 8.3 is the odd one out but because of Covid, Patch 5.2 for FFXIV was delayed til february. It was originally supposed to release in January, which, GASP is when 8.3 came out Shocking right?

Patch 9.0 released in October 13th and guess what - FFXIV patch 5.35 was announced for the 20th before blizz gave the patch date of theirs. This patch updated the Relic questline came out as well. Relics usually involve alot of player engagement to complete so of course things would be delayed to coincide with its release.

Square said they plan to release 5.4 in December no matter what so I believe that Shadowlands will drop shortly before the announced release date.

You want to tell me that blizzard do not plan their patch dates around other games, yet this would be too much of a coincidence not to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only thing that might impact the release date is the fires. If the workers can't work because their homes are burning. If Blizzard doesn't fear direct competitors they won't fear an indirect competitor not to mention there is an entire chance that Cyberpunk gets delayed for a fourth time.
    It looks like the fires are being contained now so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue. There have been no reports of buildings or homes burning in the Irvine fire. I'm glad because my cousins house is just two blocks away from the Silverado fire. Firemen seem to have the perimeter down.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    If you want to know the dates of WoW's Patches and expansion release simply look at its biggest competitor - Final Fantasy XIV.

Patch 8.2 Dropped on the Tuesday before Shadowbringers officially went live for everyone (Not including early Access pre-orders)

Patch 8.25 went live the Tuesday before Patch 5.1 in Final Fantasy XIV. Yes not a big patch, but they know that Final Fantasy does not release tier content in odd numbered patches so they didn't go big

Patch 8.3 is the odd one out but because of Covid, Patch 5.2 for FFXIV was delayed til february. It was originally supposed to release in January, which, GASP is when 8.3 came out Shocking right?

Patch 9.0 released in October 13th and guess what - FFXIV patch 5.35 was announced for the 20th before blizz gave the patch date of theirs. This patch updated the Relic questline came out as well. Relics usually involve alot of player engagement to complete so of course things would be delayed to coincide with its release.

Square said they plan to release 5.4 in December no matter what so I believe that Shadowlands will drop shortly before the announced release date.

You want to tell me that blizzard do not plan their patch dates around other games, yet this would be too much of a coincidence not to be true.
    This feels a lot like when some unpopular kid is claiming all the things the vastly more popular kid did were in some way to "get at" the unpopular kid. I very much doubt Blizzard has some sort of conspiracy to undermine FFXIV of all things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    All the people here saying Cyberpunk does not affect SL are either still kids or have 0 clue on how business works.

Jesus wake the fuck up, it’s not that hard to put 1 and 1 together......

Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much.

Also all the press / social media will talk about is CP2077, SL would just end up overlooked...
    If you only have $60 for a game every so often, which is a real situation, I agree, you don't have $15/month for a WoW sub, I'd suggest. So there was never any chance you'd be buying SL, which is what, $45+$15/month.

But in reality most people who are going to buy either in week 1 have already bought SL or CP2077 or both, via pre-orders.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This feels a lot like when some unpopular kid is claiming all the things the vastly more popular kid did were in some way to "get at" the unpopular kid. I very much doubt Blizzard has some sort of conspiracy to undermine FFXIV of all things.
    Not sure what you mean by "of all things." FFXIV is the biggest MMO not called WoW on the market. WoW has a history of very deliberately releasing content on the same day as its major competitors. People have noted that they've been doing it for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Blizzard is well aware of the popularity of Cyberpunk and I would not underestimate it just because of two different genres.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    They pushed the release back to Dec 10. Considering Blizzard has yet to announce their release date, how likely is it this could affect their decision? I personally felt like Dec 8 was the most likely date but with the fires raging just a few miles from their HQ and now Cyberpunk releasing on the 10th...I just don't know anymore
    TBH it seems pretty odd getting Shadowlands on december then next momnth will be Online blizzcon, while everyone is busy playing the game... im 90% sure that shadowlands will be released after blizzcon at this point