Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    What’s “Cyberpunk”?
    Have u been living under a rock for the past 8 years?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    TBH it seems pretty odd getting Shadowlands on december then next momnth will be Online blizzcon, while everyone is busy playing the game... im 90% sure that shadowlands will be released after blizzcon at this point
    Why would they purposefully delay for Blizzcon, online or in-person? There is no real content to cover in regards to Shadowlands. If they launch prior to it they can talk about most of the launch story, art, etc and cover future content patches.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    'suddenly'? No my guy, 2020 has been more than sudden, it's been one long shit sammich of being forced to not work, stay home, and make very little.
    Have you been in a different world the entire time again?

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all, love what you love
    Though having been there for wotlk prepatch, I can tell you the novelty does wear thin after a bit for many people, which made it more fun for me.
    Just non-stop whining from AH players
    I've been working from home just like 90% of the rest of Denmark.

Now we are, for the most part, back to work. There are a few people who lost jobs, and about 10% who lost revinue, and out of those 10% only a small % felt the loss because they dont own the corporation anyway.

A very small margin of the danish population got less money then usual. So no, my wallet wasnt affected at all.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why would they purposefully delay for Blizzcon, online or in-person? There is no real content to cover in regards to Shadowlands. If they launch prior to it they can talk about most of the launch story, art, etc and cover future content patches.
    well idk, just my hunble opinion, hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Who cares It's just a single player game, not like it's competitive or anything, people can play it whenever.
    Haha, while technically true you're not paying attention if you think Cyberpunk isen't going to essentially shut down the non-cyberpunk gaming world for at least a week. The hype is bonkers for this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This feels a lot like when some unpopular kid is claiming all the things the vastly more popular kid did were in some way to "get at" the unpopular kid. I very much doubt Blizzard has some sort of conspiracy to undermine FFXIV of all things.

- - - Updated - - -

If you only have $60 for a game every so often, which is a real situation, I agree, you don't have $15/month for a WoW sub, I'd suggest. So there was never any chance you'd be buying SL, which is what, $45+$15/month.

But in reality most people who are going to buy either in week 1 have already bought SL or CP2077 or both, via pre-orders.
    Why not? 14 is their biggest direct competitor.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Why not? 14 is their biggest direct competitor.
    It's completely laughable. If it was a real problem for FFXIV they'd be scheduling their dates differently, moving dates in response, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "of all things." FFXIV is the biggest MMO not called WoW on the market. WoW has a history of very deliberately releasing content on the same day as its major competitors. People have noted that they've been doing it for a long time.
    The idea that all those examples are them intentionally doing this is just fantasy/paranoia. There are historic examples of WoW doing this, but the post was claiming Blizzard time ALL their releases, including piss-minor content patches, specifically to fuck with FFXIV, which is bloody silly.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Launch period is crucial, and they might try to avoid the biggest game of the year if possible(certainly the biggest on PC).
    Launch Period is very important, but the "Launch Period" for WoW content is usually a few months. Especially considering how they stagger the content. All you'll be doing for the first decent chunk of the launch is leveling up and gearing up in dungeons. Additionally, I'm fairly confident that a majority of WoW expansion sales are comprised of pre-orders from existing players, those who'll still be playing the game even if another game takes up a couple weeks of their time.

Lastly, CD Projekt has already stated the game will be shorter than Witcher 3. The game isn't just going to magically eat up weeks of everyone's time. And Shadowlands will still be there when players are done with Cyberpunk, and will be for many, many months.

- - - Updated - - -

This feels a lot like when some unpopular kid is claiming all the things the vastly more popular kid did were in some way to "get at" the unpopular kid. I very much doubt Blizzard has some sort of conspiracy to undermine FFXIV of all things.
    I don't think you give FFXIV enough credit. You may be surprised to find out how massive the game is in popularity.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    They pushed the release back to Dec 10. Considering Blizzard has yet to announce their release date, how likely is it this could affect their decision? I personally felt like Dec 8 was the most likely date but with the fires raging just a few miles from their HQ and now Cyberpunk releasing on the 10th...I just don't know anymore
    I don't mind this tbh. November 10th we'll get AC Valhala. Cyberpunk 1 month after that, gives plenty of time to play all of Valhala. Then there's still Shadowlands to come out!! I see this as great times for us gamers
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

It's completely laughable. If it was a real problem for FFXIV they'd be scheduling their dates differently, moving dates in response, and so on.

The idea that all those examples are them intentionally doing this is just fantasy/paranoia. There are historic examples of WoW doing this, but the post was claiming Blizzard time ALL their releases, including piss-minor content patches, specifically to fuck with FFXIV, which is bloody silly.
    I never said it's a problem for 14. I have no idea how the devs of 14 think, I don't play that game.

But it's impossible at this point to still think it's just a coincidence that major wow launches keep falling on important 14 dates.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it's a problem for 14. I have no idea how the devs of 14 think, I don't play that game.

But it's impossible at this point to still think it's just a coincidence that major wow launches keep falling on important 14 dates.
    It's not like it's hard to predict 14's launches. They've been on a steady cadence since their relaunch until Covid derailed things this year. If WoW wanted to avoid them it's easy to do, they don't try to avoid them because they are more than willing to fight other games, and that includes Cyberpunk.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/stat...934433792?s=21

uh oh what do I read, a very successful game company changing the release of their content because of CP2077?

So weird!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post

uh oh what do I read, a very successful game company changing the release of their content because of CP2077?

So weird!
    Congratulations you found one counter example. Let me dig out the folder of "times WoW launched in direct competition to other major games and didn't die."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    "We still expect to finish 3.13 by early/mid-December."

Or they were behind and used cyberpunk as an excuse? It isn't that relevant to WoW and delaying an expansion though. No one has said that there would be no impact just that it isn't big enough to delay an expansion for WoW.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Congratulations you found one counter example. Let me dig out the folder of "times WoW launched in direct competition to other major games and didn't die."
    I'm not sure if they will launch this year or next year. I'm also not the person you quoted. I don't think that Blizzard would delay an expansion that had a set launch date due to another game.

However, there are many factors. I would assume, but can't be sure, Cyberpunk release date is probably a factor, one among hundreds I'm sure. It is unlikely to play a deciding role, but it could potentially be a consideration imo.

It really doesn't matter to me, because I will play both and I'm not in a hurry to play either. I'd rather both games actually be good when they release, in the interval I'll play Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, or any one of the slew of other games releasing this holiday.

path of exile just chose to delay their new league release because of cyberpunk lol

everyone is just bowing down laying flat to cyberpunk

So weird!
    So after 7 delays, they're gonna change their release based on the latest date?

Just seems......odd. Like they were looking for an excuse to delay. Which is fine, i'm a casual PoE'er and it's become pretty clear that their 3 month release cadence just isn't working anymore.

So after 7 delays, they're gonna change their release based on the latest date?

Just seems......odd. Like they were looking for an excuse to delay. Which is fine, i'm a casual PoE'er and it's become pretty clear that their 3 month release cadence just isn't working anymore.
    I am pretty sure covid has taken it’s toll on this as well. It might be an excuse, it might not.

I am pretty sure covid has taken it’s toll on this as well. It might be an excuse, it might not.
    Heist wasn't the first league released with huge problems, but ya them sticking to their 3 month schedule, through covid, for a bigger league like heist, was madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That was when WoW was launching from a position of strength. Now WoW is launching from a position of weakness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    That was when WoW was launching from a position of strength. Now WoW is launching from a position of weakness.
    What weakness? They are still the top MMO or at the very least tied with Final Fantasy. Nothing else comes close.