Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Serious question: people still use sites rather than discord channels? Genuinely surprised if so.

Discord Channels are not really a great way to get information. Basically every class discord I was in was like this

A: Do we know what the best essence is?
    B: no
    C: yes
    D: i personally think its vision because it makes me see my wings more often xD
    E: Did ["famous" theorycrafter] already publish his calculations?
    B: yes but [other "famous" theorycrafter] is still looking through it, looks good tho
    C: I think visions is terrible, you should basically always go Beam, allows you to be much more flexible
    F: [cat picture]
    B: LOOOOL ["famous" theorycrafter] is a noob, he doesn't got glad last season
    A: I don't really care about PVP, I am more into PVE
    B: Why would you play PVE only? Are you that bad? Why do you only play SCRIPTED encounters LOL
    C: I think [other "famous" theorycrafter] finished weeks ago looking over it, look at the sticky (sticky is 3 weeks old, yet clearly outdated)
    F: Why are you not playing with Blood of the enemy? Its great for vision farming!
    D: [cat picture]

yeah, if you spend hours there, you might get the information you need, but for quick information, listed in a structured way, always go to a website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question: people still use sites rather than discord channels? Genuinely surprised if so.
    discord channels are unofficial (you don't know if one is really tied to some domain), hidden, not easily searchable, it's much faster to google and find the info than using discord, websites will always be the main place where information is stored.
    discord is not a protocol, it's managed by one entity, which can disappear anytime.
    discord is not some kind of new internet, it's a fad made popular to people 15-35 years old by skipping the massively outdated sign up to use service feature.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-10-30 at 01:14 PM.

Your experience with discord class channels and my experience are vastly different. More often than not, people in discord, essentially, laugh at how out of date icy-veins tends to be.

Sure.
    Who do you think make and maintain them?

Give me an example of a class discord that shunnes them.

Your own 10 person druid class discord doesnt count here.