Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Will it be possible to get all the xmogs from the covenants ??

I still don't understand much about xmogs linked to covenants.
    If my rogue gets the complete set of Necrolords ... my alts who can wear leather armor will not have access to this set in the wardrobe, right?
    If I leave Necrolord and go to the Night Fae ... the Necrolord xmog stays with me, right?
    Can I do this with all covenants?
    So many questions...

You will probably only be able to use your current covenant's tmog

After SL is over you will see all of them account wide but for the entirety of the expansion itself they will be locked to your cov choice and character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Covenants will follow same route as Artifact Weapons, they MIGHT become Account-bound after SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'm pretty sure Covenants will follow same route as Artifact Weapons, they MIGHT become Account-bound after SL.
    They will because it keeps the people who transmog hunt engaged into more content even if it is older content.

Will it be possible to get all the transmogs from covenants during SL? Yes. Will it be possible to transmog all of them simultaneously? No.

They're unlocked account wide just like regular transmog, but you can only use the appearances if you're currently aligned with the covenant that rewards the transmog.

It's very unlikely that they'll allow you to transmog covenant armor cross covenant alignment for the duration of Shadowlands, but it's also highly likely that they'll allow it by the time 10.0 releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You will probably only be able to use your current covenant's tmog
    Although it makes sense it is very annoying.

It must be the first time that Blizzard links the appearance we want to have with the choice of skills.

I wanted to start by choosing Venthyr just because of leather xmog and then switch to Necrolord (because of the skills).

It will not be possible...!

"We want to see you happy ... but not the way you want to be happy"
    _Activion Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Although it makes sense it is very annoying.

It must be the first time that Blizzard links the appearance we want to have with the choice of skills.

I wanted to start by choosing Venthyr just because of leather xmog and then switch to Necrolord (because of the skills).

It will not be possible...!

"We want to see you happy ... but not the way you want to be happy"
    _Activion Blizzard.
    Don't worry those restrictions could be lifted once the expansion ends.

If my rogue gets the complete set of Necrolords ... my alts who can wear leather armor will not have access to this set in the wardrobe, right?
    If I leave Necrolord and go to the Night Fae ... the Necrolord xmog stays with me, right?
    So many questions...
    Nope.

Currently on beta, you can only use the transmog of your current character covenant. You dont even see the other covenant skins listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy way to obtain them all? Simply put one per armor user in covenants like. Mage in Kyrian, Warlock in Necrolords etc etc.

I know it is time cosuming effort, but no other way might be at the begining.

One more question:
    This Hunter x-mog is certainly based on the Night Fae lore ... but it is not the "convenant set". Can anyone tell me if it will be possible to get this set even if my covenant is not the Night Fae?

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...q8081xW8z4t87k

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is pretty much what I think, too. And it needs 16 chars to unlock them all, I guess.
    Yes and no. 16 to make it more trackable on your end. You can technically do it with 4 and just swap covenants on each one. Not sure which route will be easier though. If you have plenty of alts the 16 might be better since it will be easier to track your progress and stuff. If you don't do alts then the 4 might be easier, but might get messy with keeping track of what you have and don't have.

I've made my mind. I won't go back for SL. Might buy only expansion because of enchant xmog...

But I'll back to sub MAYBE on the next expansion after SL. This locking of covenant and transmog restriction is ridiculous.
    Maybe on next expansion after SL I'll have fun unlocking that with 16 alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more question:
    This Hunter x-mog is certainly based on the Night Fae lore ... but it is not the "convenant set". Can anyone tell me if it will be possible to get this set even if my covenant is not the Night Fae?

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...q8081xW8z4t87k
    That was the old mail set for Night Fae. It was replaced by the current set, and this old set is at the moment unobtainable in the game. Unclear if it will be obtainable at some point

I hope covenants will give you all 4 armour types transmogs when unlocked, no matter what type your character uses. 16 characters, 4 per covenant to open all sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    That was the old mail set for Night Fae. It was replaced by the current set, and this old set is at the moment unobtainable in the game. Unclear if it will be obtainable at some point
    OMG!! Do not say that... T___T

The ONLY hunter xmog I really liked in entire life....

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG!! Do not say that... T___T

The ONLY hunter xmog I really liked in entire life....
    Well, it was heavily disliked by most player feedback received at the time, which is presumably why they changed it. I personally prefer the new one, the old one did not seem to be up to the standards of the other sets. Hopefully they'll find a way to add it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Well, it was heavily disliked by most player feedback received at the time, which is presumably why they changed it. I personally prefer the new one, the old one did not seem to be up to the standards of the other sets. Hopefully they'll find a way to add it later.
    I will never understand this .... haha ... it is the only GOOD mail xmog they have ever made in my opinion.
    How people didn't like a Guyver xmog ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    After SL is over you will see all of them account wide but for the entirety of the expansion itself they will be locked to your cov choice and character.
    Players demand more content

Dedicate dev effort to creating 4 unique covenants with story, transmog, and abilities

Lock players into having a choice of 1 out of 4 sections of content

Profit?

I still can't understand their reasoning at all behind this. Let us earn rep (or whatever you want to call it) with each covenant and fully unlock each one. Then give us the choice of what covenant/transmog/abilities to use. Then we get 4 unique areas of content with the expansion rather than 1 out of 4.

The amount of effort they put into things they throw away when they are already painfully aware of the inability to produce content on a timely basis is astonishing.

So many questions...
    Same crap, as with Order Hall transmog, that required reps to be equipped. This devalues this transmogs for me, as "account wide" rewards, like mounts for example, are the most valuable rewards in this game. In most cases, if you're casual and you get this transmogs - you have nothing left to do on that character and want to switch to alt. So, this transmogs are almost useless, except may be admiring your characters at character selection screen.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.