Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Permanent level 60 cap almost confirmed?

So I was thinking about putting this thought to rest once and for all.

If they keep squishing people to 50 every expansion then some people would have no reason to buy new expansions. You could just wait for it to be free and play it from 1-50 for a month. Do that once every three years while focusing on other games. 15 dollars once every three years lol...

Blizzard is not going to increase levels beyond 60 ever again since they just spent a ton of resources on ensuring a satisfying 1-50 leveling experience where you are rewarded something every level. This is not going to change.

The question is how they provide a sense of progression at 60: do they squish everyone to 50 every expansion or is it just a one time only thing with SL?

I don’t see them squishing peopl back to 50 every time as that means you would lose talents and skills learned after 50. So by a process of logical elimination of possibilities, it is clear we are going to stay at 60 and have a new game+ type of progression that resets every expansion at level 60. This new model would start from WoW version 10.0 onwards.

Any counter arguments?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    So I was thinking about putting this thought to rest once and for all.

If they keep squishing people to 50 every expansion then some people would have no reason to buy new expansions. You could just wait for it to be free and play it from 1-50 for a month. Do that once every three years while focusing on other games. 15 dollars once every three years lol...

Blizzard is not going to increase levels beyond 60 ever again since they just spent a ton of resources on ensuring a satisfying 1-50 leveling experience where you are rewarded something every level. This is not going to change.

The question is how they provide a sense of progression at 60: do they squish everyone to 50 every expansion or is it just a one time only thing with SL?

I don’t see them squishing peopl back to 50 every time as that means you would lose talents and skills learned after 50. So by a process of logical elimination of possibilities, it is clear we are going to stay at 60 and have a new game+ type of progression that resets every expansion at level 60. This new model would start from WoW version 10.0 onwards.

Any counter arguments?
    Where does it say they are going to 'keep squishing people to 50 every expansion'? That seems to be an extremely long leap.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I wouldn't mind a level squish each expansion, it's just numbers. If they have a switch in place to make it easy for them, why not? I think it's a lot more difficult than that though.

It probably won't happen though, I don't see it as a feature most people would want.

Talking about this is pointless since none of us have any idea of what Blizzard will do until they announce it. Yes it is A logical line to follow but so are so, so many. Ultimately they'll decide what's best, in their opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Where does it say they are going to 'keep squishing people to 50 every expansion'? That seems to be an extremely long leap.
    Many seem to speculate so, but it hasn’t been made clear yet by blizzard how they plan to go about creating the “next gen” progression model.

while i do think it's likely that 60 will be the cap for the rest of the game, i don't know how they will handle the ilvl bloat of expansions.

You can do it already without any level squishing.

Sooo? They can do squish every 2 or 3 xpacs. Or any number. If they will polish system it will work well for any level range (1-50, 1-100 or 1-200 or whatever you want).

IDK where you found that "Permanent level 60 cap almost confirmed".

You do understand they can just tune the numbers so that you will always be able to level from 10-current maximum level via chromie time?

I'm also just speculating but my guess would be that going forward it will be:
    -Level 1-10 your chosen starting zone
    -Level 10-Previous Expansion max level via chromie time (This is 50 for now!)
    -The Last 10 Levels must be done in the current expansion (Shadowlands soonTM) until the next prepatch when Shadowlands will be added to chromie time and you can conveniently level from 10-60 in any expansion you choose via chromie time.
    -Rinse and repeat for however many expansions are to come

This would be a easy and clean solution.

Counter argument: stop trolling first of all, second, they squished numbers so often, if they wanted to they could also squish levels in 10 years or so again when we're again at 110+ if WoW comes that far.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-10-28 at 03:42 PM.

I think people will find it weird that they keep being pushed back to level 50. For me it doesn't matter, but I honestly think Blizzy will just increase cap again and again, maybe until 100 or so, I don't htink they'll let it go up to 120 again. Just speculation

Yeah, that is speculation. As far as we know, they arent changing anything. They said literally nothing about it

"almost confirmed"

what a clickbait
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    You do understand they can just tune the numbers so that you will always be able to level from 10-current maximum level via chromie time?

I'm also just speculating but my guess would be that going forward it will be:
    -Level 1-10 your chosen starting zone
    -Level 10-Previous Expansion max level via chromie time (This is 50 for now!)
    -The Last 10 Levels must be done in the current expansion (Shadowlands soonTM) until the next prepatch when Shadowlands will be added to chromie time and you can conveniently level from 10-60 in any expansion you choose via chromie time.
    -Rinse and repeat for however many expansions are to come

This would be a easy and clean solution.
    What about the “satisfying / rewarding leveling experience / pace?” The same thing would happen again, no? Why not take an easier route instead?

Many seem to speculate so, but it hasn’t been made clear yet by blizzard how they plan to go about creating the “next gen” progression model.
    How would you consider it almost confirmed? id imagine they will do it every couple of expansions, but i can see them doing it every time as you'd lose that feeling of progression in strength.

What about the “satisfying / rewarding leveling experience / pace?” The same thing would happen again, no? Why not take an easier route instead?
    I just edited it in but i'll repeat.

When the same thing happens again in 10+ years no one will care that they squish levels again.

I just edited it in but i'll repeat.

When the same thing happens again in 10+ years no one will care that they squish levels again.
    It’s not about caring about squishing levels, it’s about the game not being as fun, fast and rewarding as they have just made it be if they choose to go beyond 60 imo.

It’s not about caring about squishing levels, it’s about the game not being as fun, fast and rewarding as they have just made it be if they choose to go beyond 60 imo.
    Imagine you can do the same thing they did for the last 15 years and nerf the xp you need per level so that the time you need now from 1-50 will be the same you need from 1-60... or 1-70... or 1-80...

It's also a given for what i posted above if you want Level 1 - Level maximum (or at least the maximum before the current expansion) in a single expansion session with chromie time.

Like dude, this isn't rocket science.

Edit: and if you mean the abilities you get which is quite nicely spaced now... i doubt many players would disagree with having a few more abilities to fill that.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-10-28 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like leveling was slow on retail pre-squish.
    Yes, it's faster now, but even if they add 20 levels it's still going to be faster than pre-squish to begin with.
    You don't need rewards every level, they an just make it so you get something every 2-3 levels and it would still be okay.

Imagine you can do the same thing they did for the last 15 years and nerf the xp you need per level so that the time you need now from 1-50 will be the same you need from 1-60... or 1-70... or 1-80...

It's also a given for what i posted above if you want Level 1 - Level maximum (or at least the maximum before the current expansion) in a single expansion session with chromie time.

Like dude, this isn't rocket science.
    That requires a a lot of tuning across the board. why not go the lazy way about it instead? Makes much more sense efficiency wise.

Knew who the OP was from the title alone.

No, it's not almost confirmed, it's not even 10% confirmed. We.Don't.Know.

Simple as that.

That requires a a lot of tuning across the board. why not go the lazy way about it instead? Makes much more sense efficiency wise.
    Because i heavily doubt players like getting set back 10 levels every expansion, a hardsquish once after 15 years is something very different than what you propose.