Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fastest way to level now?

So hey guys, now that the dust has settled on pre-patch Im wondering if there has been any discoveries that matters. For now I think my best way would be:

Get Dalaran HS quickly (Useful for extra portal back to capital)>Then start WOD questing until level 40, and then focus on herb/mining 40-50. So you make that new allied race, get its heirlooms enchanted ofc, then pick up mining/herb, maybe buy some bags and send over 10k gold and off you go.

I have 10 characters (all the allied races) to level so I also plan to level them using rested XP. I tested 48-49 mining/herbing in Azsuna with 310% flying, and no XP buffs and that was 19 minutes with probably not the best route, so maybe if you really go hard with tomtom herb routes and the XP potion etc. you can do that level a little bit faster.

Im not sure if I can think of anything faster. I find 5 mans in WOD to be waste of time / over-tuned, so they are to slow, and Im not sure if its ever worth going around doing only bonus objectives over normal questing even in Gorgrond.

So my I idea is just to rely on rested XP, especially 40-50 herb/mining where you get 1-2k xp. pr herb depending on your level, 2k XP at 48.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

don't forget the treasures in zandalar , pandaria and draenor they also give easy XP when you are able to fly

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    don't forget the treasures in zandalar , pandaria and draenor they also give easy XP when you are able to fly
    I don't know how it is on live, but on beta, the Pandaren treasures gave about 20% of the XP you'd get from a quest at level 27~. They're still worth getting if you're in the area, but I'd not go out of my way to get them unless nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I don't know how it is on live, but on beta, the Pandaren treasures gave about 20% of the XP you'd get from a quest at level 27~. They're still worth getting if you're in the area, but I'd not go out of my way to get them unless nearby.
    yea I dont find treasures worth going for. Only good if you are coming to the area naturally. Its sadly not good compared to just focus on questing, I also found thats the case for bonus objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    Treasures in WoD are a decent source of EXP if you're also picking up herbs/mining nodes along the way. But on they're own they aren't worth it unless you're also questing in the same area.

Treasures in Gorgrond that give Garrison resources(like 90% of them) and all Legion treasures are still only giving experience if you are literally the first person to grab them after a weekly reset. It's broken as hell, and I don't know how Blizzard hasn't fixed this bug yet.

Anyone try hellfire ramparts spam yet? that used to be insane exp for the short level range it was available

Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    Anyone try hellfire ramparts spam yet? that used to be insane exp for the short level range it was available
    Going into specific dungeons is only good once now if you want the quests (which are only good through Cata anyway). Better to random in, which means you aren't guaranteed ramparts in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Going into specific dungeons is only good once now if you want the quests (which are only good through Cata anyway). Better to random in, which means you aren't guaranteed ramparts in any way.
    On that note, if you have a max level booster or a second account, it's probably worth the time to power level through the dungeons just for the quests in areas like that where 3 dungeons are right next to each other.

You won't get jack for the kills or completion, but the quest turn in will be quick. Then again, you could just random queue the dungeons while you quest and probably get similar results.

- - - Updated - - -

Another tip:

Either don't loot mobs to save time, or keep a vendor mount on your bars for quick sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Yea, I would not bother doing 5 mans unless you we're leveling in classic zones, at least these 5 mans are maybe OK fast to do and usually good quests. WOD has no 5 man quests IIRC, so that ruins them. Also I think the scaling is way off, at least the few WOD 5 mans I tried was way to slow and hard to do.

Just do random dungeons and in between do quests. Do quests in old Vanilla zones that were designed with Cataclysm convenience, especially since you get flying at level 30, or go to Draenor.

3+ Year Old Account
    Imagine min-maxing this new leveling experience. You will be 50 in a few hours, regardless of what you do. Spam dungeon, spam BGs, questing, etc...Everything is extremely extremely fast.

I created a lvl 1 rogue, got to 10 in Exile's Reach, talked to Chromie and went to Outland to level. I finished the whole Hellfire Peninsula Horde quest chains and 50% of Zangarmarsh and I was already lvl 50 (with the occasional dungeon or BG). Don't tryhard since you will get to 50 in a blink of an eye.

Isle of QD dailies are not available until level 30.

Argent Tournament are available on my level 27 character, so I'm guessing it's locked to either 20 or 25.

The reason I bring this up is because those quest areas are very quick and easy, and in compact spaces. And because they're daily, it's very convenient for if you're not nolifing a new character in a single sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yea, I would not bother doing 5 mans unless you we're leveling in classic zones, at least these 5 mans are maybe OK fast to do and usually good quests. WOD has no 5 man quests IIRC, so that ruins them. Also I think the scaling is way off, at least the few WOD 5 mans I tried was way to slow and hard to do.
    WOD 5 mans are stupid broken, and you cannot do them takes like 1+ mins to kill a mob.

15+ Year Old Account
    i make a tank and spam dungeons to collect transmogs for my main while leveling allied races

TBC dungeons seems to be the best exp especially botanica.

If you have a buddy with a 2 seater, Warmode and Halloween buckets have been good for 7-9 levels.
    Legion invasions are also worth 2 levels (up to 45) also great if you have someone to carry
    WoD With Alliance Warmode at least through Shadowmoon Valley seems to be the quickest way to 40 at least

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    WOD 5 mans are stupid broken, and you cannot do them takes like 1+ mins to kill a mob.
    BC's Auch Crypts seems broken AF also. That first boss wrecks me even with defensive's up. The second boss hit my dk tank for 8.5k dmg with his steal soul? ability when my dk only has 6.3k.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So hey guys, now that the dust has settled on pre-patch Im wondering if there has been any discoveries that matters. For now I think my best way would be:

Get Dalaran HS quickly (Useful for extra portal back to capital)>Then start WOD questing until level 40, and then focus on herb/mining 40-50. So you make that new allied race, get its heirlooms enchanted ofc, then pick up mining/herb, maybe buy some bags and send over 10k gold and off you go.

I have 10 characters (all the allied races) to level so I also plan to level them using rested XP. I tested 48-49 mining/herbing in Azsuna with 310% flying, and no XP buffs and that was 19 minutes with probably not the best route, so maybe if you really go hard with tomtom herb routes and the XP potion etc. you can do that level a little bit faster.

Im not sure if I can think of anything faster. I find 5 mans in WOD to be waste of time / over-tuned, so they are to slow, and Im not sure if its ever worth going around doing only bonus objectives over normal questing even in Gorgrond.

So my I idea is just to rely on rested XP, especially 40-50 herb/mining where you get 1-2k xp. pr herb depending on your level, 2k XP at 48.
    You may want to check out this guide, not sure what are your times but this guy got 10-50 in less than 6 hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ster_than_wod/

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    BC's Auch Crypts seems broken AF also. That first boss wrecks me even with defensive's up. The second boss hit my dk tank for 8.5k dmg with his steal soul? ability when my dk only has 6.3k.
    Noticed that last night as well. Just had to Power through with CD's and DPS him down before he 1 shot everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Imagine min-maxing this new leveling experience. You will be 50 in a few hours, regardless of what you do. Spam dungeon, spam BGs, questing, etc...Everything is extremely extremely fast.

I created a lvl 1 rogue, got to 10 in Exile's Reach, talked to Chromie and went to Outland to level. I finished the whole Hellfire Peninsula Horde quest chains and 50% of Zangarmarsh and I was already lvl 50 (with the occasional dungeon or BG). Don't tryhard since you will get to 50 in a blink of an eye.
    Yeah this is kind of funny to me. It’s already so easy. I started a mage that was level 43 I think and I got to 49 in like an hour just doing random quests in Hellfire Peninsula for nostalgia. I didn’t use mods or a route or anything just the normal alliance questing. I didn’t even make it out of the first hub.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

With the holiday up, I decided to take a highmountain tauren up to 50 with buckets and vanilla dungeons. I just dinged 35 with the last candy bucket in Winterspring, so including dungeon xp from about 6-8 dungeons (I'm queing dps as hunter) and their quests + discovery xp, it was pretty fun to just coast around the continent and 7/10 of level cap.

On my way to EK now to see how quickly I get the last 15 levels.