Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Humanity has ever been more than chemical reactions...far more than the sum of our material parts. As I once posted; in a rage we'll tear down mountains, in a fit of passion we'll create empires.
    "Chemical reactions..." please don't insult us by feebly reaching for a common denominator..and such a low one at that..
    But then that's the frustration of those that have such sad beliefs..."reactions..." What does anyone imagine that such reactions are being produced to begin with? I realize the word "sublime" is a null value to them, but those have experienced better...know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Humanity has ever been more than chemical reactions...far more than the sum of our material parts. As I once posted; in a rage we'll tear down mountains, in a fit of passion we'll create empires.
    "Chemical reactions..." please don't insult us by feebly reaching for a common denominator..and such a low one at that..
    But then that's the frustration of those that have such sad beliefs..."reactions..." What does anyone imagine that such reactions are being produced to begin with? I realize the word "sublime" is a null value to them, but those have experienced better...know better.
    What the fuck? You think it’s insulting to not be spoken to like a child? Fine... Love is like a unicorn... it just gallops through you like a gust of iridescence. Every time you see it, it may be different, but it’s always glorious. You won’t know it’s real, until you see it for your self.

You want a fairy tale or tangible reality that you actually have control over?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Love exists for people who are actually capable of selflessly and unconditionally loving another human being and not just using them for free ego-stroking. So love between siblings, parents and their kids, grandparents and grandchildren, cousins, all kinds of relatives is real.

Romantic love (with very rare exceptions - so rare that it's akin to chasing a unicorn) mostly boils down to people loving what their partner can do for them, not actually loving their partner themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Love exists for people who are actually capable of selflessly and unconditionally loving another human being and not just using them for free ego-stroking. So love between siblings, parents and their kids, grandparents and grandchildren, cousins, all kinds of relatives is real.

Romantic love (with very rare exceptions - so rare that it's akin to chasing a unicorn) mostly boils down to people loving what their partner can do for them, not actually loving their partner themselves.
    That isn't true at all. My husband has earned less than I have our entire relationship. I am more educated than him as well. I am also better and handle all our money and bill paying. I am with him because I love him and because he makes life a lot more fun and because after 22 years together he is still my best friend and we can have fun just sitting and watching TV or going on and doing something outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    That isn't true at all. My husband has earned less than I have our entire relationship. I am more educated than him as well. I am also better and handle all our money and bill paying. I am with him because I love him and because he makes life a lot more fun and because after 22 years together he is still my best friend and we can have fun just sitting and watching TV or going on and doing something outside.
    Doing something for someone else is not purely monetary or even tangible. Despite your post supposedly being about your love for your husband, you managed to make it entirely about the ways in which you are better than him (earn more money, more educated, better with finances) and what he can do for you (entertain you, watch TV with you, do things outside with you).

I don't know you or your husband or what your relationship is like or what your intention was with your post but this post does not strike me as a description of love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Doing something for someone else is not purely monetary or even tangible. Despite your post supposedly being about your love for your husband, you managed to make it entirely about the ways in which you are better than him (earn more money, more educated, better with finances) and what he can do for you (entertain you, watch TV with you, do things outside with you).

I don't know you or your husband or what your relationship is like or what your intention was with your post but this post does not strike me as a description of love.
    This isn’t true... you can manipulate your brain to feel love. This is strange social commentary, when science is clear on the subject.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Absolutely! You'll know it when you feel it
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

It does if you believe in it.
    It doesn't if you don't believe in it.

Even Forrest Gump knew what love is.