Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Is it fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Blizzard fucked up big time.

I have no idea why they came out with a release date at the end of September when they probably knew that they would delay it anyway.
    It was like a 2 week difference between the announcement and the delay.

What they should have done is shut up, the pre-order said "by December" anyway but at least without an exact date people could avoid this situation.
    I bet those who took vacation days off will try to take them off again at the actual release date but now these days are wasted basically.

Oh and they also could add in the pre-patch stuff already.
    ... You're out of the loop to hilarious levels.

1. The release date was October 27/28.
    2. The pre-patch stuff is in, it's the Scourge event that's missing. Flip-of-a-switch type deal.
    3. They didn't know, which is exactly why they came out with a release date. Established dates are being pushed forward across all kinds of businesses. It's a unique situation going on.

Not exactly rocket science. If they had known that they'd be forced to postpone, they wouldn't have given a release date. If you or anyone else believes that they knowingly accepted having to offer refunds over the change, I've got a bridge to sell. It's located in China.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-29 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... You're out of the loop to hilarious levels.

1. The release date was October 27/28.
    2. The pre-patch stuff is in, it's the Scourge event that's missing. Flip-of-a-switch type deal.
    3. They didn't know, which is exactly why they came out with a release date. Established dates are being pushed forward across all kinds of businesses. It's a unique situation going on.

Not exactly rocket science. If they had known that they'd be forced to postpone, they wouldn't have given a release date. If you or anyone else believes that they knowingly accepted having to offer refunds over the change, I've got a bridge to sell. It's located in China.
    1. It was.
    2. The Scourge event could easily run from day 1 of the pre-patch as all it is is some free normal-raid gear for alts to prepare for SL. I have no idea why we have to wait until Nov 10th for it.
    3. They did know. To some extent at least to even have the nerve to pull the plug. If you've ever worked for an international company you would know that deadlines on projects are pretty much set months in advance. This delay happened within weeks of announcement.
    They were probably going to release on Oct 28 despite all the sh*t they knew weren't ready but at the last second the balance tipped and they figured that they might as well delay rather than face backlash.

But again, nobody would have problems with this had they not said a thing. As I said, Dec was printed on the pre-orders. Should have just stayed silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    What are you going out to do with your life during this global pandemic? I'm sure as hell not travelling to be quarantined for 2 weeks afterwards because my country is at least attempting to take it seriously
    who said anything about traveling? are people really this short minded?

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    who said anything about traveling? are people really this short minded?
    Who just dodged the question entirely by responding with a 0-contribution comment? Are people really this desperate to see their own posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Who just dodged the question entirely by responding with a 0-contribution comment? Are people really this desperate to see their own posts?
    you either insinuated that i would say travelling by saying 'I'm sure as hell not travelling to be quarantined for 2 weeks' or that by me saying 'get a life' he should go travelling . i would like to clear up confusion hence the question; 'who said anything about traveling'?. i also like to think your life isnt that shallow that you need some random weeb on the internet telling you the other possibilities besides wow. and a small sidenote; you have more post then i have, guess im not that desperate

Another one apparently oblivious to the facts of a pandemic having dominated most of 2020.
    At least you haven't died with your lungs looking like swiss cheese.
    out of 40m people infected under 35 less than 2k have died. not a big deal unless you over 70 or unhealthy af

I work in a covid unit. See it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Comeon man, as if you wouldnt have played Shadowlands on releaseday anyways on your worktime!!! No need to take "days off" if you work from home.
    Yes..... That was my point.....

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Now I am sitting here alone and have nothing to do.

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    I feel your pain. I took two weeks vacation. I couldn't reschedule it or cancel it and I cannot take any vacation during November or December as our company does not allow it. Fortunately I still have nearly six weeks of vacation time left. Maybe I will take some time off in January.
    Last edited by Noobslayer; 2020-11-01 at 05:35 AM.

Wow is almost always unplayable at launch anyways either by queues or bugs.

I would wait a couple days after a expansion launch to take vacation days.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Blizzard fucked up big time.

I have no idea why they came out with a release date at the end of September when they probably knew that they would delay it anyway.
    It was like a 2 week difference between the announcement and the delay.
    wrong, wrong and more wrong. the October 27 date was announced August 27 (https://www.wowhead.com/news=317672/...ober-26th-27th) and the delay was announced October 1 (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...on-shadowlands). that's 5 weeks apart, not two. if you're gonna make a ranty post like you did at the very least make sure you got your facts right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    And I'm sitting here being happy for the delay because i couldn't get a day or 2 off.

Hoping for a december 15th release, as it would coincidentally collide with a week of vacation i have.
    The day after you posted this they announced the release dates of pre-game event, release, and when all the raids hit the various versions. Well your Dec 15th gives you the opportunity to do Mythic Castle Nathria and Raid Finder Wing 1the first day they are released

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Now I am sitting here alone and have nothing to do.

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    Be happy. Wow is like smoking. It takes your money and health. It's hard to give up. But when you've done it - you can be very happy.

Just buy some games in Steam. As former MMO player, I can suggest sandbox games, like Terraria.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Taking vacation days for game. Lmao. I bet you were so proud of yourself couple weeks ago.
    Ever heard of Covid? Some people couldn't realize the trip/vocation plans they had. I am one of those people. Taking sometime off to play games instead of going out and partying or having trips and potentially causing harm to others or to yourself is the logical thing to do in these times.

--

It sucks hard. I was in your situation but I was able to move my off days to the new release date.

Quote Originally Posted by pDub View Post
    out of 40m people infected under 35 less than 2k have died. not a big deal unless you over 70 or unhealthy af

I work in a covid unit. See it all day.
    I definitely believe your claim.

Only, I don't. Nobody actually working in healthcare during these times would be so blind to the long-term effects. There's more than death to it.

Stay ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely believe your claim.

Only, I don't. Nobody actually working in healthcare during these times would be so blind to the long-term effects. There's more than death to it.

Stay ignorant.
    Indeed. Scarring of your lungs (making it partly dysfunctional, even on asymptomatic patients), brain and heart damage. It's not something to take lightly.

Off-topic as hell, but this is something that needs to be hammered in.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Anyone care to explain why we are having a medical discussion about Covid and its long term ramifications? Did I miss something? I mean thankfully we are all Medical Professionals, and are not just a bunch of random on the internet having a random argument in a random thread...........

Can we not all just agree to pretend 2020 never happened and move on? If the worst thing that happens to you in 2020 is you take some leave to play a video game, and the game is delayed, count yourself lucky. Weirdly, I have had a fantastic year, dont know a single person with Covid, no lockdown, free to roam as I please, and my industry is booming with nothing but growth in the immediate future. A crash is likely at some point, but the gvnmt wont let that happen for 2-3 years, and even when it DOES happen, it will likely just mean even more work for me, so its not that concerning for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Ever heard of Covid? Some people couldn't realize the trip/vocation plans they had. I am one of those people. Taking sometime off to play games instead of going out and partying or having trips and potentially causing harm to others or to yourself is the logical thing to do in these times.

--

It sucks hard. I was in your situation but I was able to move my off days to the new release date.
    Yep. I was planning on a two week vacation in Europe summer 2020. That didn't happen. Now my vacation days are piling up. Now I'm at 14 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 1 flex day saved up.

I don’t see the big deal, except that you may not have any vacation left for the actual release now, which would suck if that was your plan.

But being unhappy that you have time off? There are a whole lot of other great games to play... Find a really good one and you’ll wish you had more time off.