Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Now I am sitting here alone and have nothing to do.

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    Why did you not cancel it a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Or, the fact that a very large project being worked in remotely is not as close to being as efficient as those same 100s of people being in one central location. I mean seriously, do you people not understand anything?
    Do you work in video games? or in any tech company. Cause I can tell you right here at Disney we have sped up since we all went to working remotly and are ahead of schedule on the films im currently working on, due to the office being in London most of us have to comute 3 hours a day and we all have been using this time as work instead its been a great thing for many creative company's. With zoom and teams etc you are pretty much in the same room anyway.

You are a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, was I the only one who.. oh, I dont know.. *cancelled* their vacation days when the delay was announced?
    I mean... what?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Taking vacation days for game. Lmao. I bet you were so proud of yourself couple weeks ago.
    I take vacationdays off for games all the time, that happens when you have 25+ day of vacation that is payed, why not use it to do something you love.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Some people are set for life and dont have to work a day in their life anymore, you know? And I still think its silly to take vacation on a game release when a shit ton of media shit has been delayed this year. Perhaps people should ask for vacation a week in advance instead of months ahead.
    OR you ask for it a month ahead and when they cancel 3 weeks before then you cancel your vacation just like i did. And if you cannot do that sure it sux but hey do something else you like.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well not to be that guy.. but my bro had the same thing and it was known for a while now. Why not just move your holiday?

He die the same.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    I take vacationdays off for games all the time, that happens when you have 25+ day of vacation that is payed, why not use it to do something you love.

- - - Updated - - -

OR you ask for it a month ahead and when they cancel 3 weeks before then you cancel your vacation just like i did. And if you cannot do that sure it sux but hey do something else you like.
    I think this is kind of a Europe vs. US issue. Here in the UK, I have like 26+ days off per year (not even including bank holidays, extra days around Xmas/New Year, and so on), and generally employers are pretty flexible about canceling or moving leave (or short-notice leave, though that varies a bit more).

So the idea of taking time off to play a game seems perfectly fine - with 26 days pretty much some of it has to be off for silly reasons or just "I'm bored of work!", and if the release date gets moved, I can usually move my holiday (unless too many people are already off on the target date), at the very least I'm almost certainly able to cancel it and get the holiday back. Further, if I don't take all my holiday days, the company gets mad with me for NOT taking them!

Whereas in the US you get ridiculous situations where people have like, literally 10-15 days of annual leave in a year, despite being quite senior, and sometimes less, and sometimes national holidays and the like seem to be counted against that. On top of that in a lot of states you can be fired for no reason at all just whenever, and people routinely get fired for taking their holidays, and way more people are afraid that they'll be fired or seen as useless if they successfully take holidays. And employers tend to be far less flexible about holiday usage too, because they're less used to people taking holidays.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

imagine taking vacation just to play video game that you can play when you are at home everyday and not taking real vacation .. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    What else would you take vacation days for in the year of our covid?

I would have done the same if I wasnt working remotely tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, imagine going to a forum for photograph enthusiasts, and saying "lol taking vacation days just to take pictures lmao"
    Comeon man, as if you wouldnt have played Shadowlands on releaseday anyways on your worktime!!! No need to take "days off" if you work from home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think this is kind of a Europe vs. US issue. Here in the UK, I have like 26+ days off per year (not even including bank holidays, extra days around Xmas/New Year, and so on), and generally employers are pretty flexible about canceling or moving leave (or short-notice leave, though that varies a bit more).

So the idea of taking time off to play a game seems perfectly fine - with 26 days pretty much some of it has to be off for silly reasons or just "I'm bored of work!", and if the release date gets moved, I can usually move my holiday (unless too many people are already off on the target date), at the very least I'm almost certainly able to cancel it and get the holiday back. Further, if I don't take all my holiday days, the company gets mad with me for NOT taking them!

Whereas in the US you get ridiculous situations where people have like, literally 10-15 days of annual leave in a year, despite being quite senior, and sometimes less, and sometimes national holidays and the like seem to be counted against that. On top of that in a lot of states you can be fired for no reason at all just whenever, and people routinely get fired for taking their holidays, and way more people are afraid that they'll be fired or seen as useless if they successfully take holidays. And employers tend to be far less flexible about holiday usage too, because they're less used to people taking holidays.
    Yes i know working in America is pretty shitty compared to EU when it comes to vacation and days off. Where i work i can ask my coworkers if it is ok if i take vacation two weeks from now for 3 days, and if i want to change it 1 week before the vacation it is almost never a problem.

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    You sir, receive a THUMBS UP from me.

Good thing the game wasn't delayed...
    Seriously though, it could had been a whole week off wasted, so...

speaking of first world problems

Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    I'd assume he took the day off before the delay was announced and not every workplace gives u the option to revert your free days.
    Fair enough, but the way he worded it made it sound like he took the day off expecting it to drop still.

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    You can play Diablo 4... I mean 3.

My wife quit her job for mental health reasons and is making more money on employment insurance and is getting hired at an even better job in a few weeks. That being said she did have time booked off but now it is a non issue. As for me I can usually take any time I want unless there is a major deadline so I am just going to do some OT and take 2 days off once they pop the real date (end of Nov very likely).

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    imagine taking vacation just to play video game that you can play when you are at home everyday and not taking real vacation .. =)
    What is a "real vacation"?

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    Damn... i took vacation too. But as we have way more to do than we can handle i was able to get it back...

Read a book? Try out a new game? Or... do some sports... *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Taking vacation days for game. Lmao. I bet you were so proud of yourself couple weeks ago.
    I have 27 paid vacation days a year. I don't play a lot any more, but when I did, I took a few days off after release too. Why not?

What kind of country do you live in where you can't just book/cancel leave at short notice?

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    Atleast those who take staycation don't spread this new plague because they just have to travel. Its ok to not like things, but don't be a dick about it

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Perhaps people should ask for vacation a week in advance instead of months ahead.
    Perhaps you should be aware that there are positions which don't allow such flexibility. I mean, if you are a mr. nobody that can be replaced by another mr. nobody within an hour then I guess your argument works. But some people have jobs which require you to book your vacations days some time in advance, for example if you're part of a big project or work with people who depend on you. Crazy, I know.