Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    why this need to be something Blizzard do for you, even though it's extremely peculiar and specific, and not something a modder should do.
    First you have to figure out if the API supports it. Do not be so sure it does because it's likely it doesn't because they have severe restrictions if they want to (e.g. when a few patches back they banned addons collecting your raid members coordinates).
    Even in that case though I guess there's a chance to be doable with some PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD event monitoring ...if it's allowed to automatically mute music without user interaction.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    First you have to figure out if the API supports it. Do not be so sure it does because it's likely it doesn't because they have severe restrictions if they want to (e.g. when a few patches back they banned addons collecting your raid members coordinates).
    Even in that case though I guess there's a chance to be doable with some PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD event monitoring ...if it's allowed to automatically mute music without user interaction.
    Pretty sure it can be, as for example this mod mutes the music from Daily hubs, presumably for the same reason you do. You'd just need some kind of check that it hadn't been muted today.

(Honestly if that mod was a lot more modular I'd install it myself.)

I wouldn't characterise WoW's restrictions on what mods can do as at all "severe". I'm not aware of any other MMO or similar which has looser ones, in fact. Because of abuse and exploitation of automation they're hugely stricter than what they were in, say, early Vanilla, but it's still amazing compared to the zero/limited UI customization, let alone actual mods, that most MMOs support.

And re: "a few patches ago", do you in fact mean "five years ago"? Because what you're referring to sounds like the changes Blizzard made in response to mods in the Archimonde fight in WoD in 2015. Or is there something more recent?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."