Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The pre-expansion content: Who can and can't do it?

    Do you have to be level 50, or can it be done at a lesser level due to scaling?

    I'm guessing you should at least have decent gear, although "how decent is decent" probably depends on who you ask?

  2. #2
    Why would you need decent gear to complete an event that is all about catching up in gear?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Why would you need decent gear to complete an event that is all about catching up in gear?
    As I said-- "although 'how decent is decent' probably depends on who you ask?"

  4. #4
    Most likely the actual content, i.e. world boss, icecrown rares and quests are for the lvl 50 characters, as it's always been except Legion. Since most of that is group content and the mobs will be swarmed by a bunch of people, I wouldn't be worried about your gear at all. If yours is questing greens without any benthic or 8.3 pieces, you can just tag the mob and wait.

    As for the zombie apocalypse, it doesn't differentiate by levels, everyone can get it.

  5. #5
    Don't know if you can do it below 50, but just having reached it with whatever gear is likely enough.

  6. #6
    I missed the entire BfA expansion, my toons are level 45 post-level squish, and still almost entirely in Legion purples with a few Legion-level legendaries, and Legion Artifact weapons, if someone is asking me for that information.

  7. #7
    You will almost certainly want to reach the cap to participate.

    As for the gear, to have a somewhat smooth experience you will probably be expected to at least have ilvl around open world rewards from 8.3. Like 400 or so I guess. Then again, everyone will be doing it so you will probably be fine in heirlooms too just tagging along with random groups

  8. #8
    the question is more like : why farming the event for stuff when in shadowland you will have quickly better stuff just doing some quest .... ? :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    I missed the entire BfA expansion, my toons are level 45 post-level squish, and still almost entirely in Legion purples with a few Legion-level legendaries, and Legion Artifact weapons, if someone is asking me for that information.
    just level your alts at 50 man... it take just a few hours to go from 45 to 50

    in bfa, only my main and 2 other was 50 after squish
    it took me like 2-3 day only to level the other 9 class and right now im doing the horde one, 6/12 class completed after just 5-6 days (starting from level 10 each)

  9. #9
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You will almost certainly want to reach the cap to participate.

    As for the gear, to have a somewhat smooth experience you will probably be expected to at least have ilvl around open world rewards from 8.3. Like 400 or so I guess. Then again, everyone will be doing it so you will probably be fine in heirlooms too just tagging along with random groups
    you will have to solve questline on your own, but the interesting mobs for tokens are free 4 all. just land a hit and you are eligible for the loot.

  10. #10
    [QUOTE=kaintk;52762210]the question is more like : why farming the event for stuff when in shadowland you will have quickly better stuff just doing some quest .... ? :P

    I'm not farming the event for stuff. I'm looking to see any relevant storyline.

    That's why I'm not sure I'm going to stick around. I missed ALL of BFA, and I NEED to see the STORY. But some of the story content is group only, and if I try to look for just one or two people, even as infrequently as once a month, I get spammed with "stop asking to be catered to." I've posted in the Discord for the "Fail Train" organization to see if one or two of those people are willing to help.

    I will never understand "stop asking to be catered to." It's not like I need to group up for the whole previous expansion. Just a couple of parts that CANNOT be soloed no matter what, and only those parts that have important STORY LINE. Once I see the story, that's IT. I'll never bother anyone about it again. But... honestly, that's not for anyone here to worry about. I have to solve it. If I can't, and if there going to be gaping story holes that I can't fill in no matter what... I'm practically OCD about that. Again, it's not for anyone here to worry about.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Do you have to be level 50, or can it be done at a lesser level due to scaling?

    I'm guessing you should at least have decent gear, although "how decent is decent" probably depends on who you ask?
    A fresh level 50 will be able to take part and gear up quite quickly, that is the main point of the event to get us ready.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    the question is more like : why farming the event for stuff when in shadowland you will have quickly better stuff just doing some quest .... ? :P
    You still need a starter set of decent gear to be able to quest in Shadowlands to get those upgrades otherwise you die over and over again....

    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Just a couple of parts that CANNOT be soloed no matter what, and only those parts that have important STORY LINE. Once I see the story, that's IT. I'll never bother anyone about it again. But... honestly, that's not for anyone here to worry about. I have to solve it. If I can't, and if there going to be gaping story holes that I can't fill in no matter what... I'm practically OCD about that. Again, it's not for anyone here to worry about.
    Um none of BFA requires a group for storyline progression. Not one bit of it. Never has since BFA was released either. The only things that do require groups is dungeon groups at the end of the zone which you can use the LFG tool to get into a group for.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You still need a starter set of decent gear to be able to quest in Shadowlands to get those upgrades otherwise you die over and over again....
    This was never true.
    The first quest in an expansion always gives you a good weapon.

    Don't waste time to farm the gear.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-10-30 at 08:44 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    you will have to solve questline on your own, but the interesting mobs for tokens are free 4 all. just land a hit and you are eligible for the loot.
    Lot of times if you heal someone who took a hit, you'll get a tag, too.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    As I said-- "although 'how decent is decent' probably depends on who you ask?"
    you can always just leech of other people. that's usually how these events go.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    I will never understand "stop asking to be catered to." It's not like I need to group up for the whole previous expansion. Just a couple of parts that CANNOT be soloed no matter what, and only those parts that have important STORY LINE. Once I see the story, that's IT. I'll never bother anyone about it again. But... honestly, that's not for anyone here to worry about. I have to solve it. If I can't, and if there going to be gaping story holes that I can't fill in no matter what... I'm practically OCD about that. Again, it's not for anyone here to worry about.
    What parts are you referring to? There are no group-required quests in the campaigns/story except for the dungeon quests but you can use dungeon finder for those.

  17. #17
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,584
    do you need shadowlands to do the pre-patch event?

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    do you need shadowlands to do the pre-patch event?
    yes. /10char

  19. #19
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yes. /10char
    since when ? nope, it is free for everybody at lvl 50. questline starts earlier than lvl 50 AFAIK.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    since when ? nope, it is free for everybody at lvl 50. questline starts earlier than lvl 50 AFAIK.
    no the event is for max level players. I assumed it would be for those who had bought the new expansion but I might be wrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •