Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The pre-expansion content: Who can and can't do it?

Do you have to be level 50, or can it be done at a lesser level due to scaling?

I'm guessing you should at least have decent gear, although "how decent is decent" probably depends on who you ask?

Why would you need decent gear to complete an event that is all about catching up in gear?

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Why would you need decent gear to complete an event that is all about catching up in gear?
    As I said-- "although 'how decent is decent' probably depends on who you ask?"

Most likely the actual content, i.e. world boss, icecrown rares and quests are for the lvl 50 characters, as it's always been except Legion. Since most of that is group content and the mobs will be swarmed by a bunch of people, I wouldn't be worried about your gear at all. If yours is questing greens without any benthic or 8.3 pieces, you can just tag the mob and wait.

As for the zombie apocalypse, it doesn't differentiate by levels, everyone can get it.

Don't know if you can do it below 50, but just having reached it with whatever gear is likely enough.

I missed the entire BfA expansion, my toons are level 45 post-level squish, and still almost entirely in Legion purples with a few Legion-level legendaries, and Legion Artifact weapons, if someone is asking me for that information.

You will almost certainly want to reach the cap to participate.

As for the gear, to have a somewhat smooth experience you will probably be expected to at least have ilvl around open world rewards from 8.3. Like 400 or so I guess. Then again, everyone will be doing it so you will probably be fine in heirlooms too just tagging along with random groups
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

the question is more like : why farming the event for stuff when in shadowland you will have quickly better stuff just doing some quest .... ? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    I missed the entire BfA expansion, my toons are level 45 post-level squish, and still almost entirely in Legion purples with a few Legion-level legendaries, and Legion Artifact weapons, if someone is asking me for that information.
    just level your alts at 50 man... it take just a few hours to go from 45 to 50

in bfa, only my main and 2 other was 50 after squish
    it took me like 2-3 day only to level the other 9 class and right now im doing the horde one, 6/12 class completed after just 5-6 days (starting from level 10 each)

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You will almost certainly want to reach the cap to participate.

As for the gear, to have a somewhat smooth experience you will probably be expected to at least have ilvl around open world rewards from 8.3. Like 400 or so I guess. Then again, everyone will be doing it so you will probably be fine in heirlooms too just tagging along with random groups
    you will have to solve questline on your own, but the interesting mobs for tokens are free 4 all. just land a hit and you are eligible for the loot.

[QUOTE=kaintk;52762210]the question is more like : why farming the event for stuff when in shadowland you will have quickly better stuff just doing some quest .... ? :P

I'm not farming the event for stuff. I'm looking to see any relevant storyline.

That's why I'm not sure I'm going to stick around. I missed ALL of BFA, and I NEED to see the STORY. But some of the story content is group only, and if I try to look for just one or two people, even as infrequently as once a month, I get spammed with "stop asking to be catered to." I've posted in the Discord for the "Fail Train" organization to see if one or two of those people are willing to help.

I will never understand "stop asking to be catered to." It's not like I need to group up for the whole previous expansion. Just a couple of parts that CANNOT be soloed no matter what, and only those parts that have important STORY LINE. Once I see the story, that's IT. I'll never bother anyone about it again. But... honestly, that's not for anyone here to worry about. I have to solve it. If I can't, and if there going to be gaping story holes that I can't fill in no matter what... I'm practically OCD about that. Again, it's not for anyone here to worry about.

Do you have to be level 50, or can it be done at a lesser level due to scaling?

I'm guessing you should at least have decent gear, although "how decent is decent" probably depends on who you ask?
    A fresh level 50 will be able to take part and gear up quite quickly, that is the main point of the event to get us ready.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    the question is more like : why farming the event for stuff when in shadowland you will have quickly better stuff just doing some quest .... ? :P
    You still need a starter set of decent gear to be able to quest in Shadowlands to get those upgrades otherwise you die over and over again....

Just a couple of parts that CANNOT be soloed no matter what, and only those parts that have important STORY LINE. Once I see the story, that's IT. I'll never bother anyone about it again. But... honestly, that's not for anyone here to worry about. I have to solve it. If I can't, and if there going to be gaping story holes that I can't fill in no matter what... I'm practically OCD about that. Again, it's not for anyone here to worry about.
    Um none of BFA requires a group for storyline progression. Not one bit of it. Never has since BFA was released either. The only things that do require groups is dungeon groups at the end of the zone which you can use the LFG tool to get into a group for.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You still need a starter set of decent gear to be able to quest in Shadowlands to get those upgrades otherwise you die over and over again....
    This was never true.
    The first quest in an expansion always gives you a good weapon.

Don't waste time to farm the gear.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-10-30 at 08:44 PM.

As I said-- "although 'how decent is decent' probably depends on who you ask?"
    you can always just leech of other people. that's usually how these events go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand "stop asking to be catered to." It's not like I need to group up for the whole previous expansion. Just a couple of parts that CANNOT be soloed no matter what, and only those parts that have important STORY LINE. Once I see the story, that's IT. I'll never bother anyone about it again. But... honestly, that's not for anyone here to worry about. I have to solve it. If I can't, and if there going to be gaping story holes that I can't fill in no matter what... I'm practically OCD about that. Again, it's not for anyone here to worry about.
    What parts are you referring to? There are no group-required quests in the campaigns/story except for the dungeon quests but you can use dungeon finder for those.

7+ Year Old Account
    do you need shadowlands to do the pre-patch event?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    do you need shadowlands to do the pre-patch event?
    yes. /10char

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yes. /10char
    since when ? nope, it is free for everybody at lvl 50. questline starts earlier than lvl 50 AFAIK.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    since when ? nope, it is free for everybody at lvl 50. questline starts earlier than lvl 50 AFAIK.
    no the event is for max level players. I assumed it would be for those who had bought the new expansion but I might be wrong

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This was never true.
    The first quest in an expansion always gives you a good weapon.

Don't waste time to farm the gear.
    nope, not this time. not a single item in the introduction quest line as reward, you will have to escape the maw on your own with a little help from Ebon Blade and alliance+horde heroes.

for a subtle hint by blizzard: pre-event gear is better than the gear for their beta premade chars. use the opportunity then and grab the gear, comes event.
    event is useful unless you are equipped in ilvl100 and better already. dont look much at the epic shiny geared mains and transmog, have fun with the alts instead and get them some pretty items.
    as all tokens and items from event are BoP you have to move your alts to icecrown to farm the stuff for each of them. the event pet is of course the exception

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no the event is for max level players. I assumed it would be for those who had bought the new expansion but I might be wrong
    event starts at lvl 48 if i remember correctly from PTR. with all the fightings and quests your chars ding 50 with ease if you participate every day