Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    People will find any reason to complain.

Yes, it's Thanksgiving in the US. Yes, I'm in the US. Yes, I'll be traveling to my mom's house for Thanksgiving (2 families, mine and my mom and step-dad and my sister who lives with them). I'm not freaking out. Why?

Because A) I'm glad it wasn't delayed further, like until December 10th or whatever the predictions were. B) I can take two days off of WoW - it's not going to kill me. I can get right back at it on Saturday or even wait until Monday.

The only case where I could see B not being palatable is if you're in a world-first-contending US guild. In that case, you would want to get to max ASAP to get raid-ready. But really, since raids don't open for several weeks, can't you take a day off for Thanksgiving and get right back to leveling that evening or the next day?

I'm just saying the criticisms are overblown.

And for those saying "but the devs! Think of the devs!" the devs will still get their days off that week. It releases on Monday, they'll have M-W to fix bugs, take a couple of days off, an extended weekend, and be back to fixing bugs the following week. It's not going to be the end of the world.

If Blizz had released in December the cries would have been about devs having to work around Christmas, which is far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Anyone hosting family gatherings in 2020 is either criminally uninformed or an immense idiot. Thanksgiving with all the inlaws and cousins you don't share a home with? Sounds like a great way to share - COVID-19 that is!
    Yikes.... As usual this forum and this game are flooded with sheep who spew terms like "uninformed" or "immense idiot" while not even researching the topic themselves... Why are you all afraid of a damn virus that has half the chance to kill you that an asteroid wiping out the planet?

Like what? We shut the world down over a virus that is equal to the season flu... Give me a break. I wont wear a mask if I dont have to, and I dare one of you little antifa shits to say something, ill cough right in your face. Laugh at you as you freak out, and the best part? You'll be just fucking fine.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    And some people were thinking Spring of next year. Man if I could see their faces now...LoL
    Thinking it would come in 2021 is one thing, but some people went VERY hardcore and would accost anyone daring to suggest that it'd still be arriving in 2020... I agree, would be fun to see their faces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    Yikes.... As usual this forum and this game are flooded with sheep who spew terms like "uninformed" or "immense idiot" while not even researching the topic themselves... Why are you all afraid of a damn virus that has half the chance to kill you that an asteroid wiping out the planet?

Like what? We shut the world down over a virus that is equal to the season flu... Give me a break. I wont wear a mask if I dont have to, and I dare one of you little antifa shits to say something, ill cough right in your face. Laugh at you as you freak out, and the best part? You'll be just fucking fine.
    Low effort AF.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    2021: Great! Now we can't tell whether news reports are from the US or Belarus other than by hearing "Trump" or "Maga" in there...

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Yes, of course the flu is a serious disease! But with this flu it is extremely overdone! It is reacted worldwide in a totally irrational and hysterical way. This moronic reaction to the virus causes much more damage than the ridiculous virus itself! And people don't understand this because they fell into hysteria.
    average age of covid deaths is 77

over 40m people under 35 have had it and less than 2k have died in my country.

Not a big deal. Unless you unhealthy or over 70.

LOL at this all fat murcia tards crying about thanksgivings. NOBODY in EU cares.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Asymptomatic people do not spread the virus.
    Yes they do.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, I meant to say, yes they do indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post

Because some of us actually live with and interact regularly with people who are more susceptible to the virus than us. And that some of us actually care about putting others before self and not infecting other people by us.

This thing isn't just about self. This is about how you value the lives of other people other than self. And this virus has shown how in times of crisis, how selfish a big chunk of people truly are and they are willing to put themselves before others. There's no hiding behind political correctness and no acting nice towards others, just plain unadulterated lack of empathy.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2020-10-30 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Am I really reading a bunch of grown adults try to explain how "holidays" are still important.

Holidays are when everyone get's to get over the guilt of how infrequently they speak to each other or see each other throughout the year by spending six hours with their entire family for two random days out of the year cuz JESUS! and COLUMBUS!

In other words they're stupid and most of you are garbage humans anyways so who cares!
    Columbus has zero to do with either Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    LOL at this all fat murcia tards crying about thanksgivings. NOBODY in EU cares.
    Then don't play video games from American companies, simple as that.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    The devs have to be pissed. The Monday before a major US holiday? Once that actually centers around family gatherings? Ouch
    We are not allowed to have family gatherings here in CA so that means more time to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    How do I tell my family I am no longer hosting Thanksgiving?
    Maybe not have one due to a pandemic? It's a good excuse :P

should of been a mid January get it right we can not have another BFA or first 2 patches of legion because the start of legion was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziros22 View Post
    We are not allowed to have family gatherings here in CA so that means more time to work.
    Like CA is going to be able to enforce that.

This looks exciting!

Random generic patchwork of characters delivering dialogue out of context by posturing. It's like Michael Bay edited it. It just needed Gazlowe riding a mechano hog out of a zeppelin in Shadowlands' sky and crashing it into a Venthyr building.

"Is that all you got!?" said Nathanos. Dead NPC walking. Pun intended.
    "Even here, the light is with me..." Generic Anduin line, it's like he's Father Merrin or Father Morning from The Exorcist series. The Light shall grant one more miracle somewhere in Shadowlands. Whether Blizzard believes it deserves to be to take the big bad one down, remains to be seen.
    Tyrande's going to do a whole lot more trash talking and a lot more of nothing. Her biggest feat will be to kill Nathanos, IF that.
    The Jailer parading around in all his Saturday morning cartoon mustache-twirling villainy.
    Ironically, Sylvanas looked the best in that short trailer. If she ends up being the best written character of the expansion, which... wouldn't surprise me, I'll eat meekrob.

Baine scowling at the sky like he's going to do something, and as if he still matters after the lore he was given in BfA.

Nice, something new to do

Don't mind me, just here eating my popcorn watching americans getting ready to potentially kill their family members. Who needs family anyways am I right?

Anxiously awaiting the giant spike in cases post-"thanksgiving".

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Isn't this a bit too soon? Wasn't the maw zone supposed to get a rework according to a past blue post?
    Yea the maw and feral spirts for shaman was gonna get reworked too and monks have like 35 bugs and as recently as 3 days ago leveling was broken lmao. But sure release it blizzard gotta get them stocks up so you can fire more people

There's bound to be a ton of cut content even with all these delays, I hope it's good but as ever I'm skeptical
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    My second point absolutely is fact. Millions of workers work the Friday after Thanksgiving in many industries regarldess of what you declare as factual.
    Nah dude, you're wrong. You literally said that "IT's the CEO's and upper management that don't" work day after Thanksgiving. My company of 1000+ people gives every single person that day off. This isn't anecdotal. There are thousands of companies (outside of retail/food), many much bigger, that do the same.

At the same time, I never claimed no one works; so you saying 'millions work' is nothing more than a neat flimsy straw man.

Every post of your is contrarian and I don't know why. Is it for post count? You post, on average, 6 times a day every day for the last 18 months. You gotta smile bro! Thank you!
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Can i haz beta nowz?