Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You don't make excuses to avoid family man. This is like the one holiday moms everywhere actually give a fuck about.

This is absolutely boneheaded by blizzard
    If you actually care about your family, and not potentially killing grandma or your mom, this is a good reason. Anyone who's not a science denier should (regretfully) stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Covid is already nuking large Thanksgiving events from orbit, or at least it should for anyone with half a braincell. The rest of the world doesn't celebrate it. Trust me, that does not translate into so many lost sales at all, especially since this is an MMO and most players can handle missing out a few days. It'll mean fewer players come launch maybe- hardly dramatic.
    This is the USA we're talking about, where people are claiming wearing a mask inhibits their freedom as an American.

Whoa, I'll be the first to admit, I guessed wrong on this one. My feeling was next year, but I never thought we'd get it before December. Very nice.

So it was just a month delay? If the game was released this week it would have been a massive shitshow, this sounds worrysome that I should expect them to fix this many issues in just a month time. At least its not to close to being released with AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077.

Still, I'll be glad to finally leave BFA behind.

Is blizzard fucking retarded? Over thanksgiving? what the actual fuck
    I don't think Blizzard cares about your first-world problems.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    "Sweden" has pretty much lifted most restrictions at this point, and we never had any "You must wear mask always" rules at any point during the pandemic.

Tho i share your opinion that any sort of gathering is stupid af.. Most other people have just stopped caring about it at this point, even during the middle of sthe summer, there were people EVERY WHERE and in big groups.. I Live at a somewhat tourist place tho, so in the summer i was in the middle of the most surge of people.
    They just strung up restrictions and precaution to highest degree yet today. Ofc everything is just recommendation so people do what they want.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    If you actually care about your family, and not potentially killing grandma or your mom, this is a good reason. Anyone who's not a science denier should (regretfully) stay home.
    Why are you trying so hard to justify this decision by blizzard? It's objectively a bad idea

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't make excuses to avoid family man.

Idk dude, pretty sure that "i don't want me or family members to get hospitalized and/or die" is a pretty valid 'excuse'.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is the USA we're talking about, where people are claiming wearing a mask inhibits their freedom as an American.
    Let the idiots catch it, they're still a minority even in America. Point is, the number and scale of gatherings will be much reduced in the first place, so only a fairly small portion of the total playerbase will be affected. I doubt many people who pre-ordered the expansion will suddenly change their minds because of this, and will miss out on maybe 1-2 days of play. They'll survive.

Whenever the devs will be is another question, but I mean they're stuck home anyway. But Castle Nathria on the 8th? Means Mythic on the 15th? Now that's one way to make the race more, ahem, interesting.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Americans celebrate thanksgiving. The rest of the world doesn't. Maybe they remembered that WoW isn't US only?
    I'm sure they're quite aware that the rest of the world doesn't, just as an American company they're aware people in their company would have booked time off for thanksgiving significantly reducing the number of people available to handle any launch mishaps. It's the same as when they release raids before Christmas and they end up having a skeleton crew working on patches and balance that don't come out properly till January when most people return to work.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Idk dude, pretty sure that "i don't want me or family members to get hospitalized and/or die" is a pretty valid 'excuse'.
    Man the blizzard brigade is out in full. Defending a bad decision under the guise of "it's in your best interests" cuz fuck christmas as well during world first race. right?

Only 2 weeks for the scourge invasion its fucking bullshit

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying so hard to justify this decision by blizzard? It's objectively a bad idea
    I'm not justifying at all. I'm just saying that at least for release, you already had a pretty solid reason to not visit family if you have half a brain cell.

No excuse for the raid schedule to be in on Christmas though. That's really boneheaded and they should've moved it to January.

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    The devs have to be pissed. The Monday before a major US holiday? Once that actually centers around family gatherings? Ouch
    You are aware that the devs were a part of this decision, right?

I'd like more time for pre-expansion event. Waiting another couple of weeks for it, then only having a couple of weeks to run everyone through it seems...odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Only 2 weeks for the scourge invasion its fucking bullshit
    Uhh, 2 weeks was all it was going to be from the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I'd like more time for pre-expansion event. Waiting another couple of weeks for it, then only having a couple of weeks to run everyone through it seems...odd.
    It was only going to be two weeks long. Nothing odd about it at all.

Lol US players thinking that for some reason one countries national Holiday should be the reason to delay expansion.
    Only devs on holiday should be the reason, not some countries holiday otherwise games would never release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Whenever the devs will be is another question, but I mean they're stuck home anyway. But Castle Nathria on the 8th? Means Mythic on the 15th? Now that's one way to make the race more, ahem, interesting.
    IIRC Nathria is this expansion's Emerald Nightmare. I expect the mythic race will be a grand total of 1 week, if that, as a result. I will be surprised if it spills over to Christmas week.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So they went for a four week delay in the end? Seems a little short and the date is an odd one to choose with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and such. So either they're hoping Thanksgiving in some way gives them some reduction on the amount of people playing if something goes bad at launch or they are damn sure this is going to be a step up from the pre-patch and prior expansion launches. I'm doubtful though.
    Due to the pandemic, Black Friday won''t be the major even it normally. All the major retailers are treating it as a normal day as they aren't opening early and everyone is actually going to be closed on Thanksgiving.

I love how surprised people are on the date.

It’s literally the base game launch anniversary in the US (11/23/2004).

3 other expansions, Wrath, Cata, and WoD all launched in Nov/Dec.