Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's kinda weird that they centred the map on Paris and not the Greenwich meridian, thus causing more than half the world to be on the day before the "release date" when SL drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Very glad we finally have the date. Pretty happy that it's earlier than I thought, too.

No it's not. US servers are much more dead in general than EU servers. EU is the majority.
    There is literally no evidence that backs that up. The last time a server count was done, US servers had 2 million more players than EU servers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    IIRC Nathria is this expansion's Emerald Nightmare. I expect the mythic race will be a grand total of 1 week, if that, as a result. I will be surprised if it spills over to Christmas week.
    If it’s as easy as EN then the race will be over in a day

Wish they would have just announced this date originally. Holiday time off has been closed for almost 2 months at work... guess once again all the no-life losers will get fully geared before i even get to max level. Such is the best part of expansion launches - watching your friends decline you from groups because they blitz'd the content in 4 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know im gonna get blasted for this, but I still don't think it will be ready by then.....I seriously hope im wrong and Blizz pull off a miracle, but ok, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    "Sweden" has pretty much lifted most restrictions at this point, and we never had any "You must wear mask always" rules at any point during the pandemic.
    The US didn't do that either, we just act like we did; hence our current situation. Any other administration you'd have 10% of the population not listening to science, but what we currently have is a solid 30-40% that has laughed at it since day 1. It's super sad.

OT: The timing has potential to suck for Blizz devs, but I'm personally stoked that at least we have a date and it's before December.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    @FelPlague

Kinda weird it's launching on the 10/23.

I guess they felt the pressure from Bobby and the shareholders....

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    What a scam, too little too late. No one gonna play it.
    While your at it let us know the lotto numbers please.

And some people were thinking Spring of next year. Man if I could see their faces now...LoL
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    The devs have to be pissed. The Monday before a major US holiday? Once that actually centers around family gatherings? Ouch
    Maybe they should have done a better job then? The execs might have delayed it but the execs aren't the ones creating it. I say this as someone who actually played vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by wfredlund View Post
    The devs have to be pissed. The Monday before a major US holiday? Once that actually centers around family gatherings? Ouch
    only murica needs a special day to say thank you

Do the low pay Blizzard software developers and test teams work on November 24 and 25?

A normal person takes that two days off and travels to see their family.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Blizzard is a International Company based in America* A lot of the people working there are not "Americans". With probably more European players its pretty easy to understand that they don't and shouldn't care about some local holiday shit. They don't develop products only for the American market, maybe people should finally understand that.
    The vast majority of their employees work in America. (Especially considering they keep closing international offices and laying people off in EU). Customers aren't the only people a company needs to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the Nathanos Kill Video. looks like Tyrande gets the canonical KB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm pretty sure their largest audience is the USA. Even if it wasn't, Thanksgiving is a big holiday and this is going to sorely impact sales.
    No it's not. There may be less people on at that time but sales will be the same.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    only murica needs a special day to say thank you
    TBF every country has stupid holidays.
    Tho thinking that US holiday is a KEY factor in releasing AFTER A DELAY is a lul. World does not revolve around US. WoW is not an exception

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Do the low pay Blizzard software developers and test teams work on November 24 and 25?

A normal person takes that two days off and travels to see their family.
    Lockdown says hello.

Wow, what an Edgelady. Death is fair. Death is the ultimate fair institution in the world as everyone dies, rich and poor alike. This sounds like someone quoting from "Baby's First Philosophy."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    From what I've been able to find on google, US servers have more people on them than EU servers(which include Russia). Can't find proper numbers for Chinese servers though. So based on that, launching this close to a national holiday in the USA is an incredible terrible move especially since the expansion is utter garbage. If they're this close to release then the beta is a pretty good representation of the expansion.
    Source please. It should be pretty easy to produce.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    TBF every country has stupid holidays.
    true

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Tho thinking that US holiday is a KEY factor in releasing AFTER A DELAY is a lul. World does not revolve around US. WoW is not an exception
    thats the reason why i said what i said