Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Nah it works like this. "o you couldn't get off work? i'm going to level to 60 in a day with other people who got off work. We will be in Mythics by day 2. By day 4, when you hit max level, we will be at ilvl 200 and won't want to carry you because there's no upgrades for us and you can't come with us cause your gear sucks."

These people then burn out in week 2 or 3 and leave for Classic. Happened in BfA and history will repeat itself. Already prepared to find a new guild cause the week 2-3 burn out has happened for these people every expansion since Cata.
    My actual complaint is for Blizzard not announcing this release date originally so i could actually have "fun" blitz'ing with friends, until their inevitable burn out.
    lol, that's what happens to me as well every single time an expansion comes. People go hardcore, gonna clear mythic raid and what not, then they fail at hc last few bosses, tension rises from regular raiders and the hardcore. I mean, the atmosphere is not friendly, and there is a strong core who only do m+, nothing about helping out the whole squad, time is too short!
    This time I'm just gonna take my time, and come in late cause they need to fill the spots by all the impatient who left. I actually love wiping 50 times on a boss in a friendly atmosphere. Being in a guild that just has a steady 2 days a week chill atmosphere with decent players is such a gift, but this is almost impossible the first few months of an expansion

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Uhh, 2 weeks was all it was going to be from the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

It was only going to be two weeks long. Nothing odd about it at all.
    why not introduce it sooner? It's not as though we're saturated with content at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except there will be family gatherings. Majority of the world is pretty much past the point of limiting social gatherings and stuff. There's a lot more to it, that diving into will cause a crap storm of issues, but yeah there will be family gatherings in a lot of places.
    Except, the majority of the EU is currently re-enforcing limitations due to increasing infections. But I guess we dont do thanksgiving anyway.
    US infections are also climbing, for that matter.

Large gatherings at this time are ill-advised, government rules or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Except, the majority of the EU is currently re-enforcing limitations due to increasing infections. But I guess we dont do thanksgiving anyway.

Large gatherings at this time are ill-advised, government rules or not.
    Same here in my country, we are not even gonna bother inviting people over. Sending out calls, video calls, etc.
    We can express our love between loved ones all year, rather focus on safety and health now.

ye and cyberpunk will launch on november 19th :P:P:P

wait 2 weeks and they will delay it again

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    You didn't get the memo that they already delayed it again....right?

I wonder what all the people arguing it was impossible to launch slands around holiday season think right now.

Wish they would have just announced this date originally. Holiday time off has been closed for almost 2 months at work... guess once again all the no-life losers will get fully geared before i even get to max level. Such is the best part of expansion launches - watching your friends decline you from groups because they blitz'd the content in 4 days.
    Or they're declining you because you refer to them, and others, as "no-life losers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I wonder what all the people arguing it was impossible to launch slands around holiday season think right now.
    They probably think Blizzard are making a big mistake

I have to wonder how much they must be ashamed of their own pre-event content if they they don't even want it on the servers for a full 2 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    They should have just pushed it to January. There wouldn't be any holidays to get in the way. I know this won't specifically affect me, but this is bad for the world first race. If the raid launches Dec 8th, then a week later mythic releases. That means that world first guilds, assuming it goes 2 or more weeks, will have to decide between Christmas and world first. This is just poor timing, especially in America because we have back to back major holidays within a month of each other. I was really hoping they would push it back, but I guess not.
    But Blizzard have said time and time again, that the race to world first is a community driven event and not something that they plan around or develop for... if the 1%ers want it bad enough, they’ll tell Santa to come next year cos this one they’re busy.

This raid release is the perfect thing to filter out two kinds of people.
    Which WF guild is made out of the biggest nerds that will choose the raid over Christmas,
    Which people don't believe in the pandemic and will spend Christmas with 10-20 people in the same room for days

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    It's not about 'muricans in general... It's that the devs are 'muricans and if major issues arise when they're on holiday every region is fucked. "XD"
    Seriously? You don’t think they’ve considered this and have allocated staff to accomodate for any issues over the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    They probably think Blizzard are making a big mistake
    Hopefully they are thinking, "Man, I guess all the people that pointed out that Blizzard has done this before in the past aren't talking out of their asses."

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I have to wonder how much they must be ashamed of their own pre-event content if they they don't even want it on the servers for a full 2 weeks..
    Makes you wonder how much they were ashamed of TBC's and MoP's pre-event content if they only wanted it on the servers for 1 week.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Man the blizzard brigade is out in full. Defending a bad decision under the guise of "it's in your best interests" cuz fuck christmas as well during world first race. right?
    If it is so offensive to you, don’t play till after your precious weekend and Xmas break

Well I was close. I thought Nov 17th.

Wish they would have just announced this date originally. Holiday time off has been closed for almost 2 months at work... guess once again all the no-life losers will get fully geared before i even get to max level. Such is the best part of expansion launches - watching your friends decline you from groups because they blitz'd the content in 4 days.
    I’d suggest make new friends...
    Because I’ve never and no one I know has ever declined a friend cos of gearing, and would usually try to take the chance to help that friend catch up

Cyberpunk was delayed also!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

wait 2 weeks and they will delay it again
    Actually,

Cyberpunk was just delayed aswell, a release from CDPR came out a few days ago. New date is set for Dec 10th!

My holidays are starting on November 11th and I'm going back to work on December 1st. Those terms were accepted by management 2 weeks ago. Thank you Blizz for rewarding my wanabeprophet skills with event and SL release. On serious note I chose those days because my former plans about holidays were completly messed by Covid so I decided I can gamble a little and maybe I'll be lucky to at least play pre SL event and new WoW content;p