Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    If you actually care about your family, and not potentially killing grandma or your mom, this is a good reason. Anyone who's not a science denier should (regretfully) stay home.
    Fortunately this only applies to people who have potentially been exposed to the virus. If I haven’t been exposed and I’m having a gathering wit other people that haven’t been exposed there’s a 0% chance of spreading it.

This was a terrible date to pick. They should have waited a month and released it after Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing news!
    Good date as well, just before the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Makes you wonder how much they were ashamed of TBC's and MoP's pre-event content if they only wanted it on the servers for 1 week.
    Well for one MoP's pre-event was just the scenario which was still accessible after the launch iirc, at least Wowpedia mentions that you could start it at level 90. The pre-patch also only lasted 4 weeks in total.

Could you get anything during the BC event other than repair bills? I only remember some infernals spawning in some zones.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm pretty sure a lot more people are happy about being able to play on the holidays than all the upset raiders about Christmas amid the raiding 'season'.

I'm happy about it releasing earlier than i expected (was expecting 2 weeks later around 6-7 DEC)! Can't wait.

Nice to have a date.

Dont get why people are upset this is close to thanksgiving and mythic raid open at christmas. Blizzard dont control the wf race, they dont need to do anything for it, its community driven.

Thanksgiving is a US thing and really, this year people should stay home and stay away from bigger gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Wish they would have just announced this date originally. Holiday time off has been closed for almost 2 months at work... guess once again all the no-life losers will get fully geared before i even get to max level. Such is the best part of expansion launches - watching your friends decline you from groups because they blitz'd the content in 4 days.
    Did you just call your friends "no-life losers"?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Fortunately this only applies to people who have potentially been exposed to the virus. If I haven’t been exposed and I’m having a gathering wit other people that haven’t been exposed there’s a 0% chance of spreading it.
    Thats exactly why its spreading so much now.

People think they havent been exposed... when you literally cannot know this until you get symptoms and/or youve been tested.

Symptoms take on average 4-5 days to even begin and you can spread it before that and thus you have no way of knowing youre infected until its too late, and hardly anyone gets tested until they get symptoms or someone tells them they were near a person who was infected.

Its called a chain of infection for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    THanksgiving? wtf is that? god damn 'Muricans thinking everything is about them XD
    I know right? These people also assume the entire WoW will e working, or that they all have family functions to go to. It will be a skeleton crew on the holiday if anything. Also not like they could leave something that breaks Wednesday or Thursday for Friday through Monday before the first Tuesday to fix.

I'd be willing to bet to a person, the devs are finally pushing it out. Also, all the no way post November 18 need to eat some crow.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Nice to have a date.

Dont get why people are upset this is close to thanksgiving and mythic raid open at christmas. Blizzard dont control the wf race, they dont need to do anything for it, its community driven.

Thanksgiving is a US thing and really, this year people should stay home and stay away from bigger gatherings.
    This is a good point. If this was any other year I don't think they'd do thanksgiving, but family get togethers have been major spreaders of this disease, and thanksgiving and christmas are the biggest family get together days of the year for US.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to justify this decision by blizzard? It's objectively a bad idea
    Nothing is happening and enough time before any holiday at dec 24.

I must admit I am not as excited second time around. I just don't see how almost a month delay would make such a drastic difference. I also believe they wouldn't have delayed it the first time for no reason. So I really have no hype this time and just cautious instead. I hope this will not be a slaughterfest with reviews etc. I really have no idea which statements are true and if the game is in that bad of shape atm.

Compared to let's say Cyberpunk. Not just the recent delay, but the one all the way near the beginning of the year. (April) Now I would expect that to make a significant difference.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-10-29 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Thats exactly why its spreading so much now.

People think they havent been exposed... when you literally cannot know this until you get symptoms and/or youve been tested.

Symptoms take on average 4-5 days to even begin and you can spread it before that and thus you have no way of knowing youre infected until its too late, and hardly anyone gets tested until they get symptoms or someone tells them they were near a person who was infected.

Its called a chain of infection for a reason.
    Except when I’m not around strangers and they aren’t around strangers. Who am I going to get it from? The Fridge?

Am I really reading a bunch of grown adults try to explain how "holidays" are still important.

Holidays are when everyone get's to get over the guilt of how infrequently they speak to each other or see each other throughout the year by spending six hours with their entire family for two random days out of the year cuz JESUS! and COLUMBUS!

In other words they're stupid and most of you are garbage humans anyways so who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Am I really reading a bunch of grown adults try to explain how "holidays" are still important.

Holidays are when everyone get's to get over the guilt of how infrequently they speak to each other or see each other throughout the year by spending six hours with their entire family for two random days out of the year cuz JESUS! and COLUMBUS!

In other words they're stupid and most of you are garbage humans anyways so who cares!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Personally in my family we try our best to express love and being there for eachother the entire year so Christmas and none of these other holidays are that special to us anymore. Sure, we still celebrate them but mostly for the kids. It's way different for kids and i think that is perfectly fine.

But now, as adults, we will just send video calls, calls to eachother, rather focusing on safety and health. There will be safer, better times when we can get together for a huge family party or just hang out together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    If you actually care about your family, and not potentially killing grandma or your mom, this is a good reason. Anyone who's not a science denier should (regretfully) stay home.
    God, you hysterical people are so ridiculous! What is your plan, anyway? Are you gonna talk this shit forever? "Ahhh help!!!! There's a nasty virus! I'm scared to death!"
    Are you damned panic-makers gonna start dropping these stupid sayings every year during flu season?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Except when I’m not around strangers and they aren’t around strangers. Who am I going to get it from? The Fridge?
    Good lord. Never heard of asymptomatic people? They have the disease but no symptoms at all. Thus you won’t know you have it if you don’t make a test (and you won’t because you don’t have symptoms). You could infect others without even knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    God, you hysterical people are so ridiculous! What is your plan, anyway? Are you gonna talk this shit forever? "Ahhh help!!!! There's a nasty virus! I'm scared to death!"
    Are you damned panic-makers gonna start dropping these stupid sayings every year during flu season?
    Uh... yes? This thing hasn't gone away and is not showing any signs of going away.

Even if you think it's not going to kill a lot of people (which it already did), it's straining healthcare resources that could have been used to treat other stuff.

We're in this state today because we never treated the flu seriously enough. We went to work sick. We never had masks at the ready. We never had our jabs regularly and we have anti-vaxxors. If we were prepared and threated the flu seriously and have these best practices as a habit before the pandemic hit, things wouldn't have spiraled and snowballed into the situation we have today.

So yes. We should be worried every flu season.

Time to kill Nathanos the Simp Cuck!

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Good lord. Never heard of asymptomatic people? They have the disease but no symptoms at all. Thus you won’t know you have it if you don’t make a test (and you won’t because you don’t have symptoms). You could infect others without even knowing.

Except once again you can only catch it by being around people, since you know you didn’t comprehend that the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    So yes. We should be worried every flu season.
    Yes, of course the flu is a serious disease! But with this flu it is extremely overdone! It is reacted worldwide in a totally irrational and hysterical way. This moronic reaction to the virus causes much more damage than the ridiculous virus itself! And people don't understand this because they fell into hysteria.