Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Genocide On The Border

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54160638

The complaint condemns the practices and conditions at the private Irwin County Detention Center in Georgia.

It is based on the allegations of a whistleblower, a nurse identified as Dawn Wooten.

She worked at the centre, which houses immigrants detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

As part of her complaint, filed on Monday, Ms Wooten expressed concerns about the high number of hysterectomies performed on Spanish-speaking women at the centre.

The nurse said detained women told her they did not fully understand why they had to get a hysterectomy - an operation involving the removal of all or part of the uterus.

The complaint also alleges "jarring medical neglect" during the coronavirus pandemic, including a refusal to test detainees with symptoms and fabricating medical records.

"I became a whistleblower, now I'm a target," Ms Wooten said at a press conference on Tuesday. But, "I'll be a target anytime", she said, rather than staying a part of what she called an "inhumane" system.

Speaking to reporters, Ms Wooten alleged gross misconduct at the centre with respect to Covid-19 precautions, and said she was demoted after protesting the conditions and staying home while symptomatic.
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...?cd-origin=rss

Let's remember there is a history of this here. Mass sterilisation of blacks and puerto ricans.

Ms Wooten alleged that one doctor removed the wrong ovary from a young detainee and that "everybody he sees has a hysterectomy".

"We've questioned among ourselves like, goodness he's taking everybody's stuff out…That's his speciality, he's the uterus collector," she said in the complaint.

One detainee, interviewed by Project South, likened the centre to "an experimental concentration camp", adding: "It was like they're experimenting with our bodies."

Other allegations include delaying medical care for detained immigrants. Ms Wooten alleged that it was "common practice for the sick call nurse to shred medical request forms from detained immigrants".
    This is how it started... before they started killing them outright.

Thread Warnings:

Stay on topic. Do not derail to deflect about other human rights violations to change the topic, debate the semantics of genocide, nation bash, etc. Focus on the actual subject manner and stay civil.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-16 at 05:26 PM.

That's disgustingly awful. Human rights abuses in our own borders is so fucking shameful.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The US is turning into an evil pile of shit under republican rule. I certainly have my gripes with Obama and Bush, but somehow Trump and the current GOP have managed to make everything they did seem pleasant.

I look forward to Trump supporters, particularly pro lifers, finding a way to now support forced hysterectomies.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-09-16 at 04:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this got way worse way faster then I ever would have expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've got a name for that doctor now.

https://www.prismreports.org/article...een-identified

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The US is turning into an evil pile of shit under republican rule. I certainly have my gripes with Obama and Bush, but somehow Trump and the current GOP have managed to make everything they did seem pleasant.

I look forward to Trump supporters, particularly pro lifers, finding a way to now support forced hysterectomies.
    "You can't call Trump or the Republicans Nazis" certainly lost any credibility as a result of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 the inevitable "well if they didn't want to be sterilized without their consent, they shouldn't have come into the country illegally!" people crop up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Inb4 the inevitable "well if they didn't want to be sterilized without their consent, they shouldn't have come into the country illegally!" people crop up.
    To which the response needs to be a universal "Ok, Hitler" - we shouldn't be wasting time entertaining bad faith arguments made from despicable moral positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    If only people had been warning us constantly
    Go back and check any thread I’ve been in them all Standing against every thing that has been happening I just didn’t expect it to go full on genocide first term.

Surprised we haven't seen any Trumpsters coming in to defend this.

No I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious. Every time some evil thing the Trump administration is doing come out all I see people say is "They shouldn't have broken the law" I fully expect another repeat of that sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    The usual pundits have yet to sling their shit so they have nothing to say right now.
    I’m guessing the responses will be a range of:

1) the claims are all a liberal hoax

2) some attack on the character of the whistleblower as being a liar or liberal shill

3) the aforementioned justification of forced sterilization “because they’re illegals”

Probably some combination of the three.

If we’re real lucky, we might even see a deflection to China doing similar things and “the liberal hypocrites not caring about that, so why should they care about this?” that both fails to call for an addresses to either problem and ALSO dodges admitting any wrongdoing.

I'm eager to see just how low they lower that bar.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-16 at 06:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    While not ethical, to call it genocide devalues the word.
    In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
    (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
    (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
    (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
    (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

And we all know that E has also been an ongoing project of this administration.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember starting a thread pointing out the obvious ethnic cleansing of the Trump regime 2 years ago. The thread got thwarted so hard they erased it.

Very sad to see the regime embrace their inner Mengele.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    While not ethical, to call it genocide devalues the word.
    Ok, Hitler
    - Lars

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

No I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious. Every time some evil thing the Trump administration is doing come out all I see people say is "They shouldn't have broken the law" I fully expect another repeat of that sentiment.
    Honestly I just don't expect them to show up at all and, frankly, I give absolutely no fucks about what anyone who'd stand on the side of shit like this would even say and would hope others here think the same.

But overall it looks like they've kinda given up defending anything and just filter into threads where there's still wiggle room to nitpick and argue semantics rather then actually debate anything of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    They have to prepare for the inevitable "but we didn't know about it" most Germans said after... let's skip the obvious Godwin... after East Germany kicked the bucket.

In the end East Germanys secret police had 1.7 million informers and employees out of 17 million citizens. I have never met anyone admitting they were part of it.

How gullible do you have to be to believe complete nonsense like this? It's hilarious that left wingers call any right wing discourse a "conspiracy theory" and then come out of the woodwork and allege genocide based on nothing but hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    How gullible do you have to be to believe complete nonsense like this? It's hilarious that left wingers call any right wing discourse a "conspiracy theory" and then come out of the woodwork and allege genocide based on nothing but hearsay.
    Gullibility has nothing to do with it if there are facts involved. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon condemning everyone without proper facts, but I'm also not going to say it's not true either. This is a private facility. They've already been reported several times for fucked up shit when it comes to the pandemic. If there's some sadistic doctor removing uteruses of women, I for one would love to know about it, because he'd be put in the history books along with Mengele, Holmes, and Swango. And, if there was evidence linking it higher up the chain of the government, leftists won't mind that whatsoever either.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Calling this genocide is ridiculous, but this is not a left or right wing story. It's about a detention center doctor abusing detainees and removing their uterus under false pretext. You don't have to be liberal to see that this is a plot straight out of a horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You don't have to be liberal to see that this is a plot straight out of a horror movie.
    Don't be too sure about that. This is the United States of "It Is What It Is" we're talking about here.

But I'm sure that if this turns out to be true, and turns out to be as bad as it sounds, the self-proclaimed "classical liberals" will have no problem coming up with justifications for it.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-09-16 at 08:07 AM.