Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It doesn't look like it's cracked at all, more like.. scaly?, I will wait my final judgement till I actually see the full thing tho.
    She's trying to unmutate herself and go back to being a troll
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Danuser loves to troll fanbase with his pet, so of course Nathanos survives.
    Where else would he go when he dies? Of course he's going to be in the Shadowlands

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue how Nathanos can have any remote chance at standing against Tyrande, especially in her Night Warrior evolution...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I may be in the minority here but I like Nathanos as a character. I think Nathanos is an interesting character, not nearly as annoying as most people are always saying. People call him a simp but it's a really "modern/IRL" way of viewing things. Nathanos is Sylvanas' champion, her right hand and most trusted Forsaken. Of course he's dedicated to her and is actively working with her to enact whatever evil she's up to. I found that some character traits they added to Nathanos with his body swap and follow up storyline in Shadows Rising was quite interesting. Forsaken are rarely explored this in-depth in the game apart from Lillian Voss during Cataclysm. I have a bunch of Forsaken characters (and most of them loyal to the Banshee Queen), so I may be biased.

I don't really understand why people hate him so much. There are so many characters in the game right now that fail to feel different or unique from one another. I'm all fore having good original characters, even if they're despicable, sometimes annoying for players. It add substance to the game and its lore.

On topic : I'm really glad Nathanos has the opportunity to continue to serve Sylvanas after being sent to the Shadowlands. I actually think it's a good narrative idea to have Tyrande kill him on Azeroth only to have him being a new threat in the Shadowlands (if this is what happens in the cinematic). It's an interesting way to have Tyrande's demons keep following her, and her struggling to really put an end to Sylvanas/Nathanos one and for all. It's really disheartening for her to think she got rid of Nathanos and it's not the case.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It all makes sense, Tyrande is devolving back into a troll. That's because she's about to turn evil and the writers can't allow this to happen to a member of an Alliance race.
    This is perfect, lol devolving! why didn't I think of that one

Soon.. her fangs will start to curl upwards and become steady tusks, while her stilettos get destroyed by thick purple nails and swollen tissue.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-05 at 08:43 PM.

The ending of Shadows Rising implies Sylvanas is done with him because he failed to kill Bwondsamdi. It's probably not what's going to happen, but I almost expect the next we'll see of Nathanos is him wandering around the Maw as a sad, lost soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    In the story trailer released today you can see footage showing Nathanos in a battle with presumably Tyrande. He is smashed against a wall and pinned down on it with a silver arrow. The camera then shows Tyrande.

So our fight against him in pre-patch was maybe part of the plan so he would get killed and able to join Sylvanas in Shadowlands? Anyway he gets smashed around and Tyrande gets her revenge it seems.
    Nathanos doesn't die in the pre-patch. He stuns the raid at 1% and yeets away.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I like Nathanos as a character. I think Nathanos is an interesting character, not nearly as annoying as most people are always saying. People call him a simp but it's a really "modern/IRL" way of viewing things. Nathanos is Sylvanas' champion, her right hand and most trusted Forsaken. Of course he's dedicated to her and is actively working with her to enact whatever evil she's up to. I found that some character traits they added to Nathanos with his body swap and follow up storyline in Shadows Rising was quite interesting. Forsaken are rarely explored this in-depth in the game apart from Lillian Voss during Cataclysm. I have a bunch of Forsaken characters (and most of them loyal to the Banshee Queen), so I may be biased.

I don't really understand why people hate him so much. There are so many characters in the game right now that fail to feel different or unique from one another. I'm all fore having good original characters, even if they're despicable, sometimes annoying for players. It add substance to the game and its lore.
    I only dislike him in relation to Sylvanas. Their romance is unnecessary and yucky and frankly, rather forced. For Sylvanas to be giving anyone the heart eyes while she wages a war on reality itself doesn't feel... appropriate. Aside from that I don't think there's anywhere for this relationship to go. She can't offer him anything at this point and vice versa. Tbh, their relationship has always felt very tacked on. Obviously I'm very biased but these are my honest feelings. I know people joke about the whole "she's a strong independunt wahman who don't need no man" but in this case I really do believe that lol.

Aside from that Nathanos is a very amusing character. I don't hate him per se.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I have no clue how Nathanos can have any remote chance at standing against Tyrande, especially in her Night Warrior evolution...
    Because tyrande is avatar of incompetence?

I mean. Everyone ends up there when dying. So I guess yeah.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

ye, but look at the Face of her in the cinematic with nathanos, it looks weird man.
    It doesn't look like it's cracked at all, more like.. scaly?, I will wait my final judgement till I actually see the full thing tho.
    Devs just hate nelves, that's why they screw up their character art at purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Dev bias.. - Nathanas.. errr... Danuser... can't lose against Tyrande

Why would Danuser kill off his self-insert?

3+ Year Old Account
    This is perfect, lol devolving! why didn't I think of that one

Soon.. her fangs will start to curl upwards and become steady tusks, while her stilettos get destroyed by thick purple nails and swollen tissue.

Makes me think of the 'De-evolving' gun in the Super Mario Bros. movie. If she did turn back into a troll, would she go to Bwonsamdi upon death, or just Ardenweald?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    My assumption was that he'd pull a Team Rocket during the pre-patch, and then he'd get Gul'dan'd by Tyrande in the first raid.
    Don't you mean Varian'd? As you know, Gul'dan did it before it was cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, he already laughed at Tyrande and her hubby, and gave them the middle finger in Darkshore. Self inserts are definitely a thing as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I am wishing that fake 8.3 leak -- with the "Siege of Stormwind" ending with all of us dying and "waking up" in the Shadowlands with Sylvanas proclaiming, "Now... we are ready... for the real battle for Azeroth!" -- was actually true.

Oh hum... what could have been!

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    At this point I am wishing that fake 8.3 leak -- with the "Siege of Stormwind" ending with all of us dying and "waking up" in the Shadowlands with Sylvanas proclaiming, "Now... we are ready... for the real battle for Azeroth!" -- was actually true.

Oh hum... what could have been!
    i absolutely abhorred that leak...but dammit it, if only i had known the new depths of blizz writers incompetence.
    both BfA, and, from what ive seenso far, SL are as bad as WoD, if not worse
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I only dislike him in relation to Sylvanas. Their romance is unnecessary and yucky and frankly, rather forced. For Sylvanas to be giving anyone the heart eyes while she wages a war on reality itself doesn't feel... appropriate. Aside from that I don't think there's anywhere for this relationship to go. She can't offer him anything at this point and vice versa. Tbh, their relationship has always felt very tacked on. Obviously I'm very biased but these are my honest feelings. I know people joke about the whole "she's a strong independunt wahman who don't need no man" but in this case I really do believe that lol.

Aside from that Nathanos is a very amusing character. I don't hate him per se.
    I kind of agree with you that the relationship between them is not very developped in the game. Overall, I think Blizzard always had difficulties telling romance and it's even more obvious with characters like Sylvanas that is so invested in her main drive (protect and grow the Forsaken, find a way to live forever and, now, control her destiny beyond death itself). There is not a lot of place for romance there and it feels weird to have that, I agree. The fact that Nathanos character came back out of the blue is a bit disconcerting as well, as he wasn't really important from TBC to Legion. Even in BFA, we saw a lot of Nathanos but Sylvanas was never there with him.

In my mind, their relationship became a lot more one-sided when Sylvanas became warchief and started to put in motion the Jailer's plan. I agree with you that she doesn't need Nathanos anymore because of her immense power. He has nothing to offer anymore and that's what so tragic about it. While he gave everything to her in the past, he can only go so far by her side now that she's engaged in this cosmic war by the Jailer's side. It's kind of heartbreaking. He was her champion and he's more her minion now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I still put even money on him using feign death like he did in classic to escape Tyrande and shows up in SL later.
    God, don't remind me. "Feign Death"...
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

thank god,there is still hope for the forsakens