Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoW's 16th Anniversary Event Hotfixes - Korrak's Revenge and Doomwalker World Boss

WoW's 16th Anniversary Event Hotfixes - Korrak's Revenge and Doomwalker World Boss
    WoW's 16th Anniversary has been hotfixed to start on November 1st at 10 AM PT in NA (10 AM CET in EU). Beside this recent hotfix, we've datamined a few changes and possible additions to the Anniversary Event.

• The achievements Alterac Valley of Olde and Alterac Valley of Olde are now account-wide, progress on all characters will count towards earning them.
    • The max level required to queue for Korrak's Revenge has been hotfixed from 120 to 50, which indicates that the PvP Event might return.
    • Doomwalker appears to be back as a World Boss in Tanaris! Based on datamining, players should be able to take the quest Doomwalkin' Has Come Knockin' from Chromie and defeat Doomwalker every week for 150 Timewarped Badges.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Korrak's Revenge

• ID - 1401
    • RangeIndex - 0
    • MinLevel - 10
    • MaxLevel - 120 50
    • MapID - 2197
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-11-01 at 04:22 PM.

...why Doomwalker of all bosses? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    ...why Doomwalker of all bosses? o.o
    cuz muh classic BC reference
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

in before the haters hate on blizz no matter what blizzard does

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    cuz muh classic BC reference
    I figured Doom Lord Kazzak would of been in before Doomwalker, neat though, I guess
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I was hoping they'd bring back Korrak's Revenge every anniversary like they're bringing back the vanilla world bosses. Glad to see that might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I figured Doom Lord Kazzak would of been in before Doomwalker, neat though, I guess
    They already bring back Lord Kazzak in Blasted Lands every anniversary, would be odd to bring back 2 iterations of Kazzak.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2020-11-01 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Nice, I have 3 cloth chars at 45 I want to level to 50 but have no interest in actually playing. Korraks Revenge is just move with the group and press any button that does some damage.

Wow, Blizzard really just has no new ideas huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wow, Blizzard really just has no new ideas huh?
    Korrak's Revenge was very popular among the players. Why shouldn't they bring it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Korrak's Revenge was very popular among the players. Why shouldn't they bring it back?
    It was popular because it was quick exp. There was nothing compelling about the gameplay. You just needed to convince players to not go for Korrak and do the quest in Zul'drak instead. So the defining thing about Korrak's Revenge needed to be ignored, because it would make you lose the game.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    It was popular because it was quick exp. There was nothing compelling about the gameplay. You just needed to convince players to not go for Korrak and do the quest in Zul'drak instead. So the defining thing about Korrak's Revenge needed to be ignored, because it would make you lose the game.
    Because people enjoyed it? I enjoyed it myself and played it all event. Sunk so many hours into it. Not just for alts, but playing it in general. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't.

They could've brought it and SH vs TM back as well. I loved that one too and at least it ended at some point.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I hope they fix is the map glitching and not showing all the people AFKing in dun baldar fortress so that they can summarily be reported and kicked.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    They could've brought it and SH vs TM back as well. I loved that one too and at least it ended at some point.
    SH vs TM they don't need to bring back for the anniversary since they made it into a brawl so it rotates in every few months. Would rather they add just Korrak's since it isn't a brawl or anything. Granted, I'd like it if Korrak was available year round, but that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The one thing I hope they fix is the map glitching and not showing all the people AFKing in dun baldar fortress so that they can summarily be reported and kicked.
    I doubt they will fix things like that, but yeah agreed. It was super annoying when I was on my alliance toons, but not much you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Not to mention Horde basically being unstoppable if they ever get into the fortress as they can just release if they die and corpse ress immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice.

Just in time to work on my Horde Heritage sets

Time to level the rest of the chars then!

That's about the only good thing about this thing lol

Is Korrak still good exp?

- - - Updated - - -

Is Korrak still good for exp at least?

sweet KORRAK YES! i leveled all classes except hunter-monk-druid with that event last year.
    gotta level the rest with it then.

still I wonder how is the exp levels this year

Meh well as long as the xp is good to level alts fast.
    Do you hear the voices too?