Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Does any one really care? I mean it is this tiny fraction of players that raid seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    It's not designed to be easy. Aside from some tuning issues, these guilds kill the exact same bosses in way fewer pulls/attempts than guild #200.
    How can you say that? It is historically harder/longer to kill the last raid of the expansion than to kill the first raid. Are you saying they don't know how to design the game and it happens randomly (because that is not true because it's relatively easy to make a world first race hard because they literally monitor the first pulls too)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This "problem" has always eluded me. Holidays / free time sounds like the perfect time to play the game I enjoy. It might be problem for the normies, but then again, are many mythic raiders such normies?

And for anyone else (about 95% of the game) there's no issue at all. Raid opens 8th, so there's plenty of time during and outside of holidays to play it.
    do you expect everyone to haul their pc setups across the country so they can raid whilst visiting family for christmas?

Rofl, if a "hardcore gamer" complains about having choose between spending time with family or playing his game, he's not much of a hardcore gamer, is he. People these days think they are a gamer if they raid 3 nights a week.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's impressive how they manage to hit this mark yet again. Whether it's to help accommodate hardcore players schedules or force them to chill out remains to be seen.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    . People these days think they are a gamer if they raid 3 nights a week.
    What a strange and cringe comment - you are suggesting that someone who not only plays World of Warcraft, but raids 3 nights a week doesn't qualify as a "gamer"? This type of pathetic "gatekeeping" makes my skin crawl and I honestly pity anyone who thinks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's really not working for hard core raiders though. They do like 8 hour nights AND they farm the world 8 hours (they sleep/eat/shit the rest ~8 I guess).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know but still it's the start of time guilds usually get "Christmas" holidays.
    Also I doubt they can clear the first mythic raid within days.
    it opens on 12/15. they actually have 9 days before xmas. but please continue to not bother with facts and instead look for things to point at.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What a strange and cringe comment - you are suggesting that someone who not only plays World of Warcraft, but raids 3 nights a week doesn't qualify as a "gamer"? This type of pathetic "gatekeeping" makes my skin crawl and I honestly pity anyone who thinks like this.
    Gatekeeping? I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything, quite the contrary. I encourage anyone who wants to skip Christmas to play WoW. But if you don't, don't lie to yourself thinking you are a gamer. You are just a casual dad-type fiddling with games.

Hope last boss is extra spicy

Not that big a deal.

I'll even say that it's the best time for a new expansion\raid tier for a lot of people, with more free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Gatekeeping?...... But if you don't, don't lie to yourself thinking you are a gamer.
    This - this is what gatekeeping is; When someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community or identity.. You are claiming to be so special, you get to decide who can and cannot identify themselves as a gamer, based on whether they choose to play games on Christmas or spend time with family. This is beyond pathetic. You are not special, you dont get to decide who is and is not a gamer, and your opinion is not worth any more or less than anyone else, so stop pretending it is.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-11-04 at 09:51 PM.