Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic raiding opens in Christmas week.

That's gonna test a lot of hard-core raiders notion of ..hardcoreness. Then again is it ever healthy to ever put a game above social real life?

Dude with lockdowns past, present, and near-future, people of all ages might be looking forward to getting away from their family for a couple hours a few nights near the holiday.

Actually it opens the week before Christmas week. I reckon the top guilds will clear it in that first reset anyway, so they'll be fine

Besides, with COVID, we might have feck all else to do anyway. I know I'm not risking the health of my family members for a bit of turkey & some beer.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Dude with lockdowns past, present, and near-future, people of all ages might be looking forward to getting away from their family for a couple hours a few nights near the holiday.
    That's really not working for hard core raiders though. They do like 8 hour nights AND they farm the world 8 hours (they sleep/eat/shit the rest ~8 I guess).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Actually it opens the week before Christmas week.
    Yeah I know but still it's the start of time guilds usually get "Christmas" holidays.
    Also I doubt they can clear the first mythic raid within days.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Also I doubt they can clear the first mythic raid within days.
    The first raid in an expansion is often cleared within the first week, or shortly thereafter. At least by the world-first guilds.

MoP, Mogushan Vaults, 3 days
    WoD, Highmaul, 4 days
    Legion, Emerald Nightmare, cleared after 18 hours on Mythic.
    BfA, Uldir, 8 days

There is a good chance the "race" is over and done for by Christmas.

Well, my family is 2000km away. If I go that's a months worth of isolation and my employer only pays the isolation wage if I have not put myself in that situation on purpose.

Which social real life? Depending on your country you might be forced to stay home anyway.
    And you also might mistake the first raid of an expansion with the final raid. The first raid usually falls over pretty quick, judging by previous expansions.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's gonna test a lot of hard-core raiders notion of ..hardcoreness. Then again is it ever healthy to ever put a game above social real life?
    first off, it doesn't open Christmas Week. that would be the 22nd. secondly, the world top guilds will probably easily clear it in one reset. thirdly, are there any guilds who would actually put a raid on the 24th/25th/26th? I mean sure, some might do the 24th or 26th but running on those 3 days is risky because chances are people will be doing Christmas stuff with family. I am sure most guilds will take the 24th-26th off so in terms of top 100 there won't be any guilds severely disadvantaged

This just in: Mythic raiders raid more then average players.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

if this shit go the way its going. There won't be no christmas here. We are now headed towards no visiting of friends and family due to corona.

This year i am pretty sure it is healthy to put a game above social real life, for sure.
    I don't know what some people are smoking but if people really planning to bring over their 60yo grandma for Christmas this year with 10 people in the same room cuz Jesus and reasons, idk what to say.

This "problem" has always eluded me. Holidays / free time sounds like the perfect time to play the game I enjoy. It might be problem for the normies, but then again, are many mythic raiders such normies?

And for anyone else (about 95% of the game) there's no issue at all. Raid opens 8th, so there's plenty of time during and outside of holidays to play it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This "problem" has always eluded me. Holidays / free time sounds like the perfect time to play the game I enjoy. It might be problem for the normies, but then again, are many mythic raiders such normies?

And for anyone else (about 95% of the game) there's no issue at all. Raid opens 8th, so there's plenty of time during and outside of holidays to play it.
    Exactly, this raid release timing is the perfect tool to see which WF raiders are the biggest nerds choosing the raid over the holidays and which people don't believe in the pandemic.

Some people act like the sky is falling. You can always skip one week of raiding because of christmas or whatever is the reason, the raid won't go anywhere.

T11 and T13 world first guilds were progressing during christmas season and the sky didn't fall.

For me the only problem is that we raid from 6PM to 10PM on Thursdays and that's the 24th; meaning I'll be spending that 4 hours feasting on food with my family downstairs instead.

uhm.. a week has 7 days and mythic unlocks at 15 december and chrismast is on the 25th.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since almost no one mythic raids, it's a good thing that we get raids in December instead of next year. And the little group of people who follows the mythic race can watch it while eating that weird festive bread.

real life?
    It amazes me that you think the hard core people even have a real life.

Also covid, you really should not take part in any gathering, no matter what reasons you come up with to justify it.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The first raid in an expansion is often cleared within the first week, or shortly thereafter. At least by the world-first guilds.

MoP, Mogushan Vaults, 3 days
    WoD, Highmaul, 4 days
    Legion, Emerald Nightmare, cleared after 18 hours on Mythic.
    BfA, Uldir, 8 days

There is a good chance the "race" is over and done for by Christmas.
    not to mention the change to the vault now allowing players to get a quicker power boost and the legendary items
    honestly blizzard took the big block off that they had in BfA in terms of player power and i can see it being a 5 day raid maybe depending on the dance boss

Not a huge deal, guilds who have enough members who are going to be available to raid will raid during the holidays, guilds who don't won't. I imagine the world first guilds who try to make this a career will still raid if need be.

There were tiers where we took a whole week off because of holidays.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.