Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    God I miss reading Ghostcrawlers interactions with the community and its such a shame blizzard abandoned this type of discourse.
    YOu can thank the players for that. Their increasingly toxic behavior towards the devs fueled by their growing entitlement caused the devs to stop talking. In short, players could not be trusted to act like adults anymore, so they stopped talking to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Of all the things he's ridiculously criticized in the past, it absolutely boggles my mind to see Ghostcrawler say he thinks Shadowlands looks great. This 100% cements with me that his opinions should be completely disregarded at all times.
    SO your opinion is the only one that counts huh? His opinion is legit as yours. You don't disregard an opinion because it isn't yours. That is you trying to project your own opinion as fact.

I was never a fan of his, but a good read, thanks for compiling that. There are a few nice tid-bits about the development process, like the Mogu being a late addition.

whether or not you like him, ghostcrawler has always been top notch at player communications. i miss his deep dives into the game and explaining the philosophies with his game design and decisions. we have not had that since he left. i think he was the last game lead that made the game still feel like a small player focused indie company. Hope he still likes Lol.

No wonder why Gorgrond lately became unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Jesus, why are people like you guys still obsessing over Ghostcrawler, guy has not been at blizzard for like a decade now, leave the dude alone, y'all some fucking creeps, lmao.

I remember when Mmo champ would constantly post about him only a few years back, bro just stop.

Mr. Street -- If you're lurking here -- It is insanely gratifying to me that you continue to offer your perspective on WoW from a dev standpoint. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    God I miss reading Ghostcrawlers interactions with the community and its such a shame blizzard abandoned this type of discourse.
    I read through all his tweets and it almost felt like a glimpse into the past. An honest human, interacting like an honest human about what he likes/dislikes about a game and it's changes.

I know he used to PR it up for Blizzard when he worked there, but he wasn't adverse to saying that something isn't working, and talking about what the Dev's thought process on that was. It was refreshing, and it is something sorely missing from Blizzard today.

Who cares about this wanker?

So GC thinks the game is perfect as-is.

Guess time really does heal all wounds, or he's not trying to torch bridges (The likely answer).

Ghostcrawler worked for Blizzard for 5 years (2008-2013)

He hasn't been working for Blizzard for 7 years (2013-2020).

He hasn't been working for Blizzard for nearly 50% more years than he did. And when he did, his class homogenization is one of the most abhorred design directions in the game to date. He wasn't game director, neither producer, neither Blizzard president, neither founder. He was a team lead.

How are his tweets news worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think he is looking at it like many of us are, the story has the potential to be great and interesting, and believe it or not is pulling some people back in. I've come back after a year break, my wife even longer. We had an old guild mate return for the first time since Wrath.

Yeah some of the systems look iffy, and the story has a chance to get weird and off the rails quickly, but it at least has potential there.

I've never fully agreed with Ghostcrawler, especially when I was going back and forth with him several times on healing changes in Cata, but he isn't always wrong either.
    The story is literally the worst part though. They have aggressively retconned SO MANY things that it's turned the plot of the expansion into a train wreck. As for gameplay, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about it so far based on the beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    What if he meant it as it looks great aesthetically?
    He's never really come across as the kind of person to care about aesthetics.

Why do we keep asking Ghostcrawler for his opinion? He is the reason for Blizzards arrogance trip and he alone...

Of all the things he's ridiculously criticized in the past, it absolutely boggles my mind to see Ghostcrawler say he thinks Shadowlands looks great. This 100% cements with me that his opinions should be completely disregarded at all times.
    So we should disregard his opinions because they don't agree with your opinions? Why shouldn't we disregard your opinions as well? What makes your opinions more valid than his?

Thinking is hard sometimes, huh?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

The story is literally the worst part though. They have aggressively retconned SO MANY things that it's turned the plot of the expansion into a train wreck. As for gameplay, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about it so far based on the beta.

- - - Updated - - -

He's never really come across as the kind of person to care about aesthetics.
    Just because you retcon something it doesn't make it bad. Not to mention many of the things they retconned were a mess to start with.

Just because you have an opinion on something doesn't make it fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Just because you retcon something it doesn't make it bad. Not to mention many of the things they retconned were a mess to start with.

Just because you have an opinion on something doesn't make it fact.
    Everything they retconned for this expansion has been HUGE. Small retcons for continuity purposes is ok but Blizzard threw a bunch of things into the trash for this expansion's lore.

Man, looking at some of the other comments around here throwing a fit because "GC didn't call Shadowlands completely bad like the rest of us " is kind of silly. Inb4 I am called something buzzword something bleezurrd fanboy for pointing this out, but sometimes the fanaticism and fervor with which the "Blizzard Bad WoW Bad" crowd will shower their negativity makes one think they simply want the game to fail and be bad. If you have that little faith in the game and it's development, why go through the stress of playing and paying money for this? It reminds me of what i've seen so much of in the LoL community as well, whcih I wonder how GC is handling that mess. I think it's great they had the foresight to listen to feedback and delay, and there isn't anything further they can do in this time frame, short of cancelling the expansion.

GC may not have been completely likable, but as an ex-lead dev returning as a normal player, he can actually speak from both perspectives of the game. He knows what it's like to just be a player, but he also knows the things actually happening behind the scenes, that we normal folk tend to jump to conclusions on in the forums as couch devs. I don't think it's too far fetched to say that fact makes this tweet compilation a pretty good read. It's important to keep in mind that he's returning from WoW 6 years ago too. A lot of drastic changes have happened in that time, and i'd argue that returning years-old vets like that are a lot less biased due to absence and dissociation from the game, as opposed to modern players who are too entrenched in the game's politics. The tweets remind me of a neat video series of a 2006 vanilla Wow player returning to Legion, and having a similarly honest yet open minded view as GC in regards to gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Ghostcrawler worked for Blizzard for 5 years (2008-2013)

He hasn't been working for Blizzard for 7 years (2013-2020).

He hasn't been working for Blizzard for nearly 50% more years than he did. And when he did, his class homogenization is one of the most abhorred design directions in the game to date. He wasn't game director, neither producer, neither Blizzard president, neither founder. He was a team lead.

How are his tweets news worthy?
    He wasn't an exec or a bigwig, no, but i'm pretty sure his former title as Lead Systems Designer isn't anything to scoff at in terms of significance. He was a pretty big face for Blizzard among the community, as he was probably one of the most responsive directly to the community, and like him or not, he always explained his design process and communicated with a transparency we don't get at modern blizzard, at all. very famous (or infamous depending on who you ask) by the players throughout WoW's important formative years, and most of that was hatred was purely from toxic screechers looking to blame someone. (Because when you're lead designer charged with making big changes in a community full of discourse, you're the "Lead Target of QQ").

You guys are really comparing his stats as if he were some item in the game? They've reported on plenty of ex-devs and team members when they offer transparency, unique perspectives, and/or refreshing honest opinions about the modern game that we ever don't see from current slimy Blizzard.

This is a community fansite, not a global news station, or is MMO-C farming for ratings now? I think small stories on old members of the community is fine, never understood comments on MMO-C and Wowhead that conjure up this arbitrary concept of "news worthiness" that's usually based on personal tastes alone.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2020-11-01 at 08:38 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

lol @ the video thumbnail. it looks like the wolf is taking a hard dump

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Friends demanding it
    Lucky him.

I wish I still had friends I could play Shadowlands with. It does look cool but my motivation to go in solo is -0-.

Ah, this brings me back to when MMO-Champ used to always post Ghostcrawler tweets as news for no good reason. What a simpler time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    There is still people who cares, what Ghostcrawler have to say about WoW, even if he work for like allmost decade in Riot? Really? Dissapointing.
    Why is that disappointing to you? Odd that people respecting a member of the gaming community affects you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was never a fan of his, but a good read, thanks for compiling that. There are a few nice tid-bits about the development process, like the Mogu being a late addition.
    Which I honestly never would have guessed was the case during MoP. I have to give the devs props for how well they integrated the Mogu last minute.