Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I'm the first one who gets angry at SJW-Stuff, but really, i don't see anything here:
    Both Horde and Alliance side have females in charge, the men on the island are usually shown as incompetent (the captain's son) or crazy (the forsaken mage). The Alliance version features a black mother trying to rescue her black son, while the Horde version shows a daughter being rescued by her mother (we don't need no men). It's a clear attempt at reversing the entire "damsel in distress" thing. And the black captain's son is made out to be a little momma's boy who needs his mommy to save him. It's as SJW as it could possibly be.
    Last edited by carenlm; 2020-11-09 at 10:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carenlm View Post
    Both Horde and Alliance side have females in charge, the men on the island are usually shown as incompetent (the captain's son) or crazy (the forsaken mage). The Alliance version features a black mother trying to rescue her black son, while the Horde version shows a daughter being rescued by her mother (we don't need no men). It's a clear attempt at reversing the entire "damsel in distress" thing. And the black captain's son is made out to be a little momma's boy who needs his mommy to save him. It's as SJW as it could possibly be.
    You might want to calm down before you throw your back out with all that reaching. Nobody on either side is shown to be incompetent in any way.

Male "damsel in distress"? After more then a decade of saving captured males you suddenly have an issue at this point? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    You might want to calm down before you throw your back out with all that reaching. Nobody on either side is shown to be incompetent in any way.
    Then you haven't paid attention. The entire premise for the story of the zone is that the first expedition that went to the island went missing, and you are part of the rescue crew. You arrive there and the entire crew including the captain got captured by ogres, harpies and quilboar. They failed and you have to rescue them.

- - - Updated - - -

Male "damsel in distress"? After more then a decade of saving captured males you suddenly have an issue at this point? -.-
    Men rescuing women makes sense.

What I have an issue with is that doing it the other way around just makes the men, that need to get rescued by women, especially their own mommies, out to be complete pussies and losers.

And I have an issue with this sort of thing being pushed for obvious political reasons.

Men are the rescuers and protectors of women, in reality. That is why our stories have reflected that over the centuries in all cultures.

In reality women will still need to be rescued and protected by men. Shoehorning a nonsensical story into the game won't change reality. And it certainly won't stop women from demanding protection.

This is a lot of projecting you're doing, is everything okay with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    This is a lot of projecting you're doing, is everything okay with you?
    Projecting how? What? Do you know what projection even means? Projection is when I have certain traits and I project them onto others. So did I design Exile's Reach? Do I own WoW? Am I an SJW trying to shoehorn this stuff into my game?

Do you even understand the words you're using?

Projecting how? What? Do you know what projection even means? Projection is when I have certain traits and I project them onto others. So did I design Exile's Reach? Do I own WoW? Am I an SJW trying to shoehorn this stuff into my game?

Do you even understand the words you're using?
    Its clear as day you're just projecting your own real-life insecurities on to the game by using abbreviations like "SJW".

There is no need to make everything in the game "political"

It isnt "your" game its Blizzards, like people like to say - "-dont like it dont play it".

Then you haven't paid attention. The entire premise for the story of the zone is that the first expedition that went to the island went missing, and you are part of the rescue crew. You arrive there and the entire crew including the captain got captured by ogres, harpies and quilboar. They failed and you have to rescue them.

- - - Updated - - -

What I have an issue with is that doing it the other way around just makes the men, that need to get rescued by women, especially their own mommies, out to be complete pussies and losers.

And I have an issue with this sort of thing being pushed for obvious political reasons.

Men are the rescuers and protectors of women, in reality. That is why our stories have reflected that over the centuries in all cultures.

In reality women will still need to be rescued and protected by men. Shoehorning a nonsensical story into the game won't change reality. And it certainly won't stop women from demanding protection.

trying to compensate for something? it honestly sounds like youre trying to compensate for something fairly tiny, possibly even micro.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with you? Duuuude .....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

- - - Updated - - -

...Dude, just because certain parts of your anatomy are a bit on the small side, there's no need to talk such utter nonsense.
    It's the 21st century. Deal with it, little boy.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You sound very insecure.
    Do you happen to be one of them incels we hear so much about?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    You sound very insecure.
    Do you happen to be one of them incels we hear so much about?
    It's women who feel insecure. Which is why they have to push for fictional stories, in which they can be the ones rescuing men. Because they know it won't ever happen in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no need to make everything in the game "political"
    Tell that to Blizzard. They are the ones forcing these political things into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It isnt "your" game its Blizzards, like people like to say - "-dont like it dont play it".
    But I do like it, so I do play it. Stop whiteknighting for Blizzard. Everybody who isn't a fanboy or a paid shill dislikes certain things, about everything.

Men are the rescuers and protectors of women, in reality.
    In reality women will still need to be rescued and protected by men.
    It's women who feel insecure. Which is why they have to push for fictional stories, in which they can be the ones rescuing men. Because they know it won't ever happen in real life.
    This is so disgusting to read.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-09 at 12:44 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

And? Sorry, but that does not say anything: that's wow since the beginning: a daughter kills her father to prevent a war, A female noble abducted the King of Stormwind, A night elf queen destroys the whole continent; that's wow in a nutshell. Don't forget that the Night Elf society is a Matriarchal Society where Females have the political Power. But now a female captain with a higher rank rescues her son (horde daughter, but who cares for the horde) is now totally an SJW-Thing.

Just because you want to see something SJW here does not change the fact that this was always the case in wow. It's a big difference between this and let's say "female ghostbusters" because they are female and it's all about "female powah". But the story in wow was never really (with exceptions of course) around genders.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-11-09 at 12:43 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

So your complaint has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with your imaginary sense of superiority. Your make believe history is a fabricated one created by men afraid of woman gaining power while ignoring all the female leaders through out history.

TLDR: The thread was created because the OP found the tutorials annoying.

Solution - Press escape go to interface/help and uncheck the tutorial-option.

So your complaint has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with your imaginary sense of superiority. Your make believe history is a fabricated one created by men afraid of woman gaining power while ignoring all the female leaders through out history.
    Even if we only take wow, there were a lot of female leaders there too. As said before: night elf society was always a matriarchal one, so what he writes does simply not make sense for wow.

- - - Updated - - -

TLDR: The thread was created because the OP found the tutorials annoying.

Solution - Press escape go to interface/help and uncheck the tutorial-option.
    Does it work? I know that i did it on the PTR and the tutorial was not disabled. But i was too lazy to disable it, because really, it does not matter. Except for the bug that you should equip GREEN items over HEIRLOOMS. But that's a bug for sure.

And? Sorry, but that does not say anything: that's wow since the beginning: a daughter kills her father to prevent a war, A female noble abducted the King of Stormwind, A night elf queen destroys the whole continent; that's wow in a nutshell. Don't forget that the Night Elf society is a Matriarchal Society where Females have the political Power. But now a female captain with a higher rank rescues her son (horde daughter, but who cares for the horde) is now totally an SJW-Thing.

Just because you want to see something SJW here does not change the fact that this was always the case in wow. It's a big difference between this and let's say "female ghostbusters" because they are female and it's all about "female powah". But the story in wow was never really (with exceptions of course) around genders.
    That's Warcraft since the beginning really. Alleria, Jaina, Sylvanas, Tyrande, Vashj, Maiev... there are many strong women from the RTS series.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Did we really turn this from gameplay and pacing into muh SJWs? Nobody cares.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Just because you want to see something SJW here does not change the fact that this was always the case in wow.
    Exactly!
    I actually quite like the way WoW deals with female characters. There's very little "We're so much better than those silly little men!". There's never much attention drawn to the fact that a character is female, they're just there and getting on with whatever their job is.
    Women are allowed to occupy all parts of the moral spectrum. You've got the villains like Sylvanas or Azshara, and heroes like Jaina, and a lot inbetween.

Does it work? I know that i did it on the PTR and the tutorial was not disabled. But i was too lazy to disable it, because really, it does not matter. Except for the bug that you should equip GREEN items over HEIRLOOMS. But that's a bug for sure.
    It worked on the warrior I created earlier this week, so looks like they fixed those bugs (yay!).