Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Immortal PresidentElectMilchschake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    7,234
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.

    If a general strike ever is actually going to occur, it’s going to come straight from the leaders of the labor movement. This is hard for padcasters and their fans to grasp.
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.

    If a general strike ever is actually going to occur, it’s going to come straight from the leaders of the labor movement. This is hard for padcasters and their fans to grasp.
    this is a terrible a sneering take, look at the recent strikes and unionising efforts at amazon for instance. they were worker led.

  3. #83
    Immortal PresidentElectMilchschake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    7,234
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is a terrible a sneering take, look at the recent strikes and unionising efforts at amazon for instance. they were worker led.
    You're making my point for me.

    Please, grab some profiles of the people organizing at Amazon, organizing Fastfood workers, leading the historic teacher strikes.
    Their profiles are very different than the ones that you very online lefties imagine they're chasing. IE romanticizing some by steel belt guy with a moustache and a $40,000 truck.
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    You're making my point for me.

    Please, grab some profiles of the people organizing at Amazon, organizing Fastfood workers, leading the historic teacher strikes.
    Their profiles are very different than the ones that you very online lefties imagine they're chasing. IE romanticizing some by steel belt guy with a moustache and a $40,000 truck.
    the fuck is this, theres shit loads of worker led strikes which havent come from top down unions. most of the amazon strikes have been led by shelf stackers getting shirty with regional management.

    a general strike in the US would be super adhoc.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-11-02 at 09:38 PM.

  5. #85
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,814
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is a terrible a sneering take, look at the recent strikes and unionising efforts at amazon for instance. they were worker led.
    Its just his typical bullshit of actually looking down upon the working poor. Just their ussual neolib shit. If you ever needed any more evidence they where hard right, here you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •