Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.

If a general strike ever is actually going to occur, it’s going to come straight from the leaders of the labor movement. This is hard for padcasters and their fans to grasp.
    this is a terrible a sneering take, look at the recent strikes and unionising efforts at amazon for instance. they were worker led.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is a terrible a sneering take, look at the recent strikes and unionising efforts at amazon for instance. they were worker led.
    You're making my point for me.

Please, grab some profiles of the people organizing at Amazon, organizing Fastfood workers, leading the historic teacher strikes.
    Their profiles are very different than the ones that you very online lefties imagine they're chasing. IE romanticizing some by steel belt guy with a moustache and a $40,000 truck.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    You're making my point for me.

Please, grab some profiles of the people organizing at Amazon, organizing Fastfood workers, leading the historic teacher strikes.
    Their profiles are very different than the ones that you very online lefties imagine they're chasing. IE romanticizing some by steel belt guy with a moustache and a $40,000 truck.
    the fuck is this, theres shit loads of worker led strikes which havent come from top down unions. most of the amazon strikes have been led by shelf stackers getting shirty with regional management.

a general strike in the US would be super adhoc.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-11-02 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Its just his typical bullshit of actually looking down upon the working poor. Just their ussual neolib shit. If you ever needed any more evidence they where hard right, here you have it.