Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink (On a lighter note) I just realized something about the Jailer.

His thumbnail pic on the Shadowlands Story trailer in the battle.net launcher makes him look like handsome Squidward. I can’t unsee it.
    Last edited by TrickNasty; 2020-11-01 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Waiting for the intermission phase of the Jailer boss fight where we do the safety dance 3.0 to his clarinet playing.

Cant. Unsee. The. Nipple.

Man, why does a powerful afterlife villain look so similar to a race that's only happened in one of countless worlds in the universe? Gray human with glowing scars is all they were able to come up with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post

Man, why does a powerful afterlife villain look so similar to a race that's only happened in one of countless worlds in the universe? Gray human with glowing scars is all they were able to come up with?

Don't forget pointy ears and Nathrezim--I mean... dreadlord--SHIT! I mean... vampire fangs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post

Waiting for the intermission phase of the Jailer boss fight where we do the safety dance 3.0 to his clarinet playing.
    YES I thought exactly the same hahaha

Cant unsee, the jailer was already a joke and now even more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    YES I thought exactly the same hahaha

Cant unsee, the jailer was already a joke and now even more lol.
    This just keeps getting better, lol
    https://youtu.be/YIhAQzsQCDU

Well what makes you think we don't look like them? We come from the vrykul after all who were made by titans.

Also: Why the ever living hell are so many people so annoyed by freaking male nipples? Humanoid characters without them look weird and unfinished to us. The look wrong and you will never see this character as "done" or immersive. You will see the lack of nipples faster than the existing of them

As Vince said, humans were directly modelled after the Titans, so he looks similar to the primordial race that happened all over the universe. Additionally, it's clear that the life that is generated by seeds of Light throughout the universe tends to evolve towards a human-like appearance (since most of the alien races in the game also look fairly humanoid), so even ignoring the Titans, he just looks similar to what most higher life in the story's universe looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    As Vince said, humans were directly modelled after the Titans, so he looks similar to the primordial race that happened all over the universe. Additionally, it's clear that the life that is generated by seeds of Light throughout the universe tends to evolve towards a human-like appearance (since most of the alien races in the game also look fairly humanoid), so even ignoring the Titans, he just looks similar to what most higher life in the story's universe looks like.
    Humans were NOT modeled after the Titans because humans didn't even exist until centuries after the Titans visited Azeroth. The correct way to phrase it is that vrykul were modeled after Titans and the humans evolved from vrykul. Regardless, even then, humans don't look 100% like Titans. Also, didn't they say Zovaal is older than the Titans? Which makes him looking mostly human make even LESS sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Humans were NOT modeled after the Titans because humans didn't even exist until centuries after the Titans visited Azeroth. The correct way to phrase it is that vrykul were modeled after Titans and the humans evolved from vrykul. Regardless, even then, humans don't look 100% like Titans. Also, didn't they say Zovaal is older than the Titans? Which makes him looking mostly human make even LESS sense.
    "Hey check out this 3D printed model of the Statue of Liberty."
    "Uh, ackshually the 3D mesh was modeled after the Statue of Liberty, the print is just derived from the 3D mesh."

Okay, buddy.

"Uh, ackshually the 3D mesh was modeled after the Statue of Liberty, the print is just derived from the 3D mesh."

Okay, buddy.
    Beat me to it. The hair-splitting looking for a way squint sideways at something to be able to tell someone else they're wrong was really next level in this guy. Also, props for the ackshually. As for the actual topic, I KNEW there was something about those cheekbones that looked familiar. I am glad that Blizzard has taken steps to justify humanoid life forms across the universe instead of just handwaving it. I know some other sci-fi series do it with a kind of precursor race. Same with the spirit healers.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

You know wish they pulled a Galactus with him honestly

IE the human we see is just because our mortal brain can't wrap itself around on what he ACTUALLY looks like..they might still pull this but would of LOVED if he changes race based on what your race is. Then again gnome/vulpera/Goblin/Pandaran players would have a FIELD DAY with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    POV the jailer is about to breastfeed you. The nipple ruined the jailer for me, he is just nippleman now.

Okay, buddy.
    Except that's not even REMOTELY comparable. You said that humans are modeled after Titans which is 100% incorrect since the Titans didn't even create the humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    POV the jailer is about to breastfeed you. The nipple ruined the jailer for me, he is just nippleman now.
    ....I wish I never had to read this because now I can't unsee it.

Except that's not even REMOTELY comparable. You said that humans are modeled after Titans which is 100% incorrect since the Titans didn't even create the humans.

Yeah they are. Humans descend from titanic creations, which were made in the titans' image. This is like so hard to miss, one would think you are being purposefully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Yeah they are. Humans descend from titanic creations, which were made in the titans' image. This is like so hard to miss, one would think you are being purposefully ignorant.
    I love how you accuse me of being purposely ignorant when you literally didn't even read my entire message. Humans evolved from vrykul. Humans only somewhat resemble vrykul with the vrykul themselves being made in the Titans image. So to say that humans were made in the Titans image despite not even being created by the Titans is what's ignorant.

This.

But yeah: squidward is best top tiervgod-villain. Apparantly.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Why the ever living hell are so many people so annoyed by freaking male nipples? Humanoid characters without them look weird and unfinished to us. The look wrong and you will never see this character as "done" or immersive. You will see the lack of nipples faster than the existing of them
    what's hilarious is how different the 'controversy' would be if it was a female nipple

I love how you accuse me of being purposely ignorant when you literally didn't even read my entire message. Humans evolved from vrykul. Humans only somewhat resemble vrykul with the vrykul themselves being made in the Titans image. So to say that humans were made in the Titans image despite not even being created by the Titans is what's ignorant.
    You are arguing semantics. Yes humans weren't 'built' in the titans' image, the titanforged were. That does not mean that humans don't resemble titans because they do and their lineage shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    You are arguing semantics. Yes humans weren't 'built' in the titans' image, the titanforged were. That does not mean that humans don't resemble titans because they do and their lineage shows that.
    Ok but the original point I was responding to was that the Titans modeled humans in their image which is 100% wrong.