Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    If you realy hate it.. there are other races you can play.
    No. I'm fine with Blood Elves (or Void Elves) having only really annoying eyebrows. All other races are much WORST (including male short-legged humans).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell your wife to shut her mouth. simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, they should at least give the eyebrows the same treatment they gave to the ears, give us options of less "exaggerated" eyebrows...

I really hate how my eyebrows clip through all helmets, if remember correctly, the NE got this treatment, so why not BE and VE?

3+ Year Old Account
    Trolls don't even have eyebrows, so how did elves even end up with them?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Trolls don't even have eyebrows, so how did elves even end up with them?
    Well, elves are devolved troll freaks...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    That's a bit hyperbolic don't you think? What's the matter with wanting non-sensical clipping fixed
    Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Whenever Blizzard has an actually-original look for a race, people basically demand it be pushed down to some "fantasy standard". The long or wild eyebrows are part of the look Blizzard has been giving elves for 18+ years (back to WC3, maybe WC1/2, I forget), and yet someone always wants them to look more like their vision of "standard" elves, which always seems to remarkably close to looking like humans who MAYBE have slightly pointy ears at most.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I kind of think of Elven eyebrows like cats' whiskers - they have some connection to the Elven physiological sensorium, so it would probably be a bad idea to cut them off. But other than that, I agree they should've fixed the clipping issues with the eyebrows a long time ago.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I kind of think of Elven eyebrows like cats' whiskers - they have some connection to the Elven physiological sensorium, so it would probably be a bad idea to cut them off. But other than that, I agree they should've fixed the clipping issues with the eyebrows a long time ago.
    The mental image of a bunch of levels stumbling around like drunks because their eyebrows were singed off from being too near a boss aoe or fire spell made my day.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Whenever Blizzard has an actually-original look for a race, people basically demand it be pushed down to some "fantasy standard". The long or wild eyebrows are part of the look Blizzard has been giving elves for 18+ years (back to WC3, maybe WC1/2, I forget), and yet someone always wants them to look more like their vision of "standard" elves, which always seems to remarkably close to looking like humans who MAYBE have slightly pointy ears at most.
    Of course you're referring to the Blood Elf units from WC3 right? I agree they should stand by their creative decisions but the eyebrows were never clipping through helmets to begin with. The Spellbreaker and Blood Elf Lieutenant model were wearing semi-open faced helmets that allowed their eyebrows to extend out.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Of course you're referring to the Blood Elf units from WC3 right? I agree they should stand by their creative decisions but the eyebrows were never clipping through helmets to begin with. The Spellbreaker and Blood Elf Lieutenant model were wearing semi-open faced helmets that allowed their eyebrows to extend out.
    I was actually referring to the Night Elves, who from the first poster about them for WC3, have the giant eyebrows.

You can always transmog a helmet that doesn't clip your eyebrows at this point, so it doesn't seem like a very legit criticism. I do think they may finally have the tech to hide eyebrows, given the changes they described in that blog a few days ago, but how exactly do you propose they do it?

Go through every single helmet model in the game, for each of kind of elf, male and female, and double-check which ones should just hide eyebrows, which ones allow them to clip out? I think if they had some kind of "fan outreach" model, where fans could do that for them, that might be legit, but I'd rather they spent their time on bigger clipping issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know if they had the tech to hide them until recently, judging by the blog they made about the customization. I suspect it's pretty recent. But they presumably do have it now. However, it would be an epic task to go through the helmets for four types of armour, three types of elf (Blood/Void, Night, and Nightborne), and two genders of each type, and check all the eyebrows fit on each helmet.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."