Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You know that feeling of satisfaction when you level up after 6-10 hours of grinding in Vanilla? That's the same feeling some of us get when dinging to level cap on a new character in a really good speedrun time.

You know that feeling of getting invested in your character? That's the same feeling some of us get when we invest in our entire account so we can try new classes or builds each patch.
    I don't much care for speed-running anything, but, I do like the new leveling, so I can test things out as I level, and if I don't like it, I'll just try another one.

However, I will not say that how you level is wrong. It's your time, not mine. Same for me.

The issue with a thread like this is that Blizzard can not possibly satisfy everyone. No possible way. All we can do as players is do the best we can with the tools we're given, and if that works, great, and if it's still 'too horrible', well, there's plenty of other games.

EDIT: Also, I think there are a LOT of players who don't really play the game. They get/feel pressured to play the game in some way that someone else tells them is 'the right way', and in a way, those people are getting played by WoW, not the other way around. Then they come here and try to find someone or something to blame for their lack of fun. They haven't really understood the way to be happy in WoW is to find your way to playing the game in your own way, not the way someone else or some guide from the internet tells you. YMMV.
    Last edited by agm114r; 2020-11-21 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    If they like questing as much as they implied, then they would.
    I like questing, but there's no point in questing beyond level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t let the speedrunners trick you, without all the tricks with objects and the “right” classes and the buffs and so on, you won’t take less than 14-15 hours to get to 50, never ever (and this only if you follow AAP or the path suggested by speedrunners).
    I've levelled a Warlock and Demon Hunter this past week using only the +17% XP buff along with the +10% WM buff and a full set of looms and both runs came in under 10 hours. Granted, I know every quest like the back of my hand, killed plenty of rare elites and didn't hang around to look at the scenery. But it's perfectly do-able if you know what you're doing and are attempting to do it pretty quickly.

However I do agree that the speed run figures being posted should come with a big disclaimer. Not only are potions used but also crafted gear too. Which is perfectly acceptable and allowed. I'm not being critical of that at all. I admire the preparation involved and focus. I struggle to remember to go turn Warmode on at Level 20 let alone change my gear on a regular basis. But I fear people are beating themselves up unnecessarily for not hitting targets that they've no chance of hitting normally.

Personally I wish I could level in a chilled out way. I get sucked into rushing and trying to do everything as quickly as possible because it used to take so god damn long to level up alts. But now it only takes around 10 hours I need to remind myself I could easily do that in 2 or 3 average play sessions and just chill out a bit more. Easier said than done. I just can't snap out of that rush-rush-rush mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    However I do agree that the speed run figures being posted should come with a big disclaimer.
    Enchanted Heirlooms.
    War Mode.
    Lesser Weapon Oil(4 vers)

That's all I level with, and I am on my 4th toon so far since the update. 9 hours almost to the minute on every one. And while that might not be crazy basement dwelling speed run time, it's still pretty fast.

So it's not really that it requires bags full of consumables or special tricks. Just follow a decently good leveling path, and don't waste time.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-11-21 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Enchanted Heirlooms.
    War Mode.
    Lesser Weapon Oil(4 vers)

That's all I level with, and I am on my 4th toon so far since the update. 9 hours almost to the minute on every one. And while that might not be crazy basement dwelling speed run time, it's still pretty fast.

So it's not really that it requires bags full of consumables or special tricks. Just follow a decently good leveling path, and don't waste time.
    It all depends on the zones I guess. I’m bored atm and I’m leveling a dwarf warrior. I’m new to alliance, never leveled an ally toon and I chose to follow the “standard flow path” in Azeroth: starting zone, the zone with Ironforge, Loch Modan, Wetlands and I am now in Arathi at level 34 or so with about 9 hours of /played. I doubt I’ll get it to 50 in less than 15 to 20 hours. Could have saved maybe one hour if I knew better the quests or two if I didn’t loot anything and waste time with vendors, but not much more.

Leveling in Shadowlands, especially through Threads of Fate, feels sluggishly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    It's just not possible to deny, with a leveling time of around 10 hours, even if you're taking your time, it's just way too fast. It might not be too fast for you if you hate leveling and just want to be done with it. But as far as making leveling an actually compelling experience, making the act of creating a character and taking him on a journey actually exciting, especially in regards to the new player experiencing this for the first time, it's not achieving what they claimed they wanted to do.
    I wonder if the term "levelling" should be changed to "questing". I am not sure what the problem is. If you reached the desired level in the game but wants to continue to quest, you can still do that. Nothing is stopping people from continue to quest in the zones. The bar is really a gate to slow people down from entering other areas too fast. People do not need to move to other zones once the bar is filled.

Is 10 hours too short? I agree. I personally would prefer around 20 hrs but I have not really levelled a new character from the start so I do not know how long it would take me with a new character. However, I would be using heirlooms which does make a different although their impact is less than what it was before.

leveling is fine. I could never go back to grinding to 120 like pre-SL. the only problem I really have is the bonus objectives and world quests don't really give a lot of experience. At 55, I was getting around 7-8k of experience per world quest. that's really nothing and those bonus objectives take forever to do. each tick is 1-2% in some areas for little pay off.

Leveling is so boring that it can't be fast enough.

-TOO FAST
    -TOO SLOW
    -UNBLANACED
    -BALANCED
    -TIME GATET
    -TOO SHORT
    bark bark bark

I personally just wish mobs weren't so easy to kill, I wish it took more time to kill each mob, and also that they'd be more threatening. Most mobs barely take 5-10% of a players health. I guess I'd WoW to be a little bit more souls-like, although that's wishful thinking.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    I personally just wish mobs weren't so easy to kill, I wish it took more time to kill each mob, and also that they'd be more threatening. Most mobs barely take 5-10% of a players health. I guess I'd WoW to be a little bit more souls-like, although that's wishful thinking.
    Then pull more?

one player who defied death and killed gods on one larion just lying around in bastion and he dares to not hurt you enough. the audacity.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

I like it, especially the way you lvl up doing the campaign story.

They literally just tried this way like 3 years ago and it became so bad people didn't play the game so they reverted it back to normal. When were you back then? Clearly not playing the game.

If something is boring. Doing the boring thing for 5-10% longer doesn't make it more fun. People who complain about leveling being too fast are people who complain over anything. Only reason for leveling in wow is to showcase class abilities to new players and that's fine.

This question will always polarize the community.
    But I'm sure someone mentioned it before, if you want slow leveling, go play classic.
    I absolutely hate leveling and think current 1-60 is too slow.
    This is why I still have not leveled an allied race. I want heritage armor but I can't be arsed with slow 1-60 leveling. My time is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Then pull more?
    I do, I'm a Prot Warrior, but I shouldn't be able to just faceroll and autopilot myself through so much content and so many mobs. There's no challenge, the game almost plays itself. I think it was better in TBC, but nevermind
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

it's tuned to a decreased average playtime per session pretty good imo
    you can login, spend an hour -> you'll get a new spell/mechanic and some upgrades

i don't login to classic, if i have less than 2 hours to play, cuz i won't get/achieve anything
    hurting my eyes and back and getting less happy-hormones than a simple walk would provide is lame

Just remember it's all about happy-hormones you get out of playing the game!
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I do, I'm a Prot Warrior, but I shouldn't be able to just faceroll and autopilot myself through so much content and so many mobs. There's no challenge, the game almost plays itself. I think it was better in TBC, but nevermind
    Then don't play tank. Holy moly, playing easy mode and complaining it's too easy. Go forth, play classic but let the annoyingly slow leveling experience stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's incredibly possible to deny that leveling is too fast, because it's not. New and average players aren't hitting 10 hours of leveling without following something like Azeroth Auto Pilot, and then that's on them. it took me like 17+ hours as an experienced player to play through BFA side Horde stuff because, surprise surprise, I took my time, read quests, watched cutscenes, and didn't rush things, much like newer or more casual players do.
    Wait, 17 hours instead of 10 is supposed to defeat the point made in the OP ?
    Because that sounds like just confirming it.