Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This question will always polarize the community.
    But I'm sure someone mentioned it before, if you want slow leveling, go play classic.
    I absolutely hate leveling and think current 1-60 is too slow.
    This is why I still have not leveled an allied race. I want heritage armor but I can't be arsed with slow 1-60 leveling. My time is limited.
    What's even more hilarious is when they said the boost was on sale I looked and was just aghast. 40 dollars to hit 50 which you can do in less than a day.....

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu said remove leveling because it serves no purpose. Well, it may serve no purpose to you, but is serves a purpose to other players. Basically all you said was to remove it because it serves no purpose to you. What about the people that leveling does serve a purpose for?
    I'm not concerned with that. I'm giving my opinion about what I think the game should be. Anyone who disagrees is free to explain why 10 additional arbitrary bars need to be added every expansion. If progression is the issue, there are already many other avenues of progression in the game that await you at end game - and should just be what you jump into immediately on release.

You can still have the story that gives items, you can do reputations, you can grind whatever new endgame bar there is (Artifact power, Azerite, Anima, etc). Just tacking on mindless levels feels like a cheap way to extend play time. Do you need 10 levels to learn the single new ability you get?

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    One of the problems mentioned by Blizzard was that when there were 120 levels, each level just flew by so quickly, there wasn't really any chance of trying out your abilities at a reasonable pace. The pacing was completely off. You have 120 levels, but each of them just meant so little, as levels would just be raining down from the sky. No chance for gaining a level to actually feel meaningful. And that was already the case with just the heirloom experience bonuses, before the Winds of Wisdom buff.

Check back here with what they said regarding this
    https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=899

Now they've reduced levels by more than half. Perfect time to tune the pacing of leveling. But what does the pacing look like? Levels still fly by really fast. We now have way fewer levels, and gaining a level is still trivial because you spend mere minutes on each level. Had they actually wanted to make gaining levels more meaningful, they should've increased the time it takes to gain each individual level.

It's just not possible to deny, with a leveling time of around 10 hours, even if you're taking your time, it's just way too fast. It might not be too fast for you if you hate leveling and just want to be done with it. But as far as making leveling an actually compelling experience, making the act of creating a character and taking him on a journey actually exciting, especially in regards to the new player experiencing this for the first time, it's not achieving what they claimed they wanted to do.
    When the "real" game 'starts' at max level, leveling "too fast", seems strange. Seems like there's no such thing as leveling too fast.
    Since they don't balance classes before max level -- it means leveling doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    One of the problems mentioned by Blizzard was that when there were 120 levels, each level just flew by so quickly, there wasn't really any chance of trying out your abilities at a reasonable pace. The pacing was completely off. You have 120 levels, but each of them just meant so little, as levels would just be raining down from the sky. No chance for gaining a level to actually feel meaningful. And that was already the case with just the heirloom experience bonuses, before the Winds of Wisdom buff.

Check back here with what they said regarding this
    https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=899

Now they've reduced levels by more than half. Perfect time to tune the pacing of leveling. But what does the pacing look like? Levels still fly by really fast. We now have way fewer levels, and gaining a level is still trivial because you spend mere minutes on each level. Had they actually wanted to make gaining levels more meaningful, they should've increased the time it takes to gain each individual level.

It's just not possible to deny, with a leveling time of around 10 hours, even if you're taking your time, it's just way too fast. It might not be too fast for you if you hate leveling and just want to be done with it. But as far as making leveling an actually compelling experience, making the act of creating a character and taking him on a journey actually exciting, especially in regards to the new player experiencing this for the first time, it's not achieving what they claimed they wanted to do.
    The game has been out for 16 years....I don't give any fucks for the levelling process anymore. If I'm levelling its to get to max as fast as I can, not experience the levelling process for the 1000th time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    The game has been out for 16 years....I don't give any fucks for the levelling process anymore. If I'm levelling its to get to max as fast as I can, not experience the levelling process for the 1000th time.
    I'm sorry to poke at the beehive, but I must ask.

I'm sure that 1000th time is exaggeration, but still... why are you still leveling alts? You should have the classes? You should have done it many times apparently and you dont like it anymore? Why do you complain about leveling, if its not something you, apparently, should not be doing?

I think first time should be slow and then you can get alts up instantly after that. Or atleast SUPER fast like with the old heirloom-system etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I'm sorry to poke at the beehive, but I must ask.

I'm sure that 1000th time is exaggeration, but still... why are you still leveling alts? You should have the classes? You should have done it many times apparently and you dont like it anymore? Why do you complain about leveling, if its not something you, apparently, should not be doing?
    There are multiple reasons to still level alts, even if you have the classes at max level. Maybe they wanted to try different race/class combos? Or they have mainly played one faction and wanted to try the other? or they just enjoy making alts? The reasons someone chooses to make an alt are literally endless. I also don't understand this whole leveling needs to be slow for a new player/every one or whatever when they literally get a boost that bypasses all the "leveling" content. This "I want everything to be slow so I can enjoy the roses" mindset is crazy to me. If you want the leveling process to take forever/months/weeks..etc.. then do that, you can literally keep questing till you finish everything and read every quest, nothing is stopping you. Since yall seem to care so much about the "journey" so much. Let me level my alts fast in peace and yall can continue to RP, and pretend like you don't know the story while yall level, lol. It's a win win.