Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    I personally just wish mobs weren't so easy to kill, I wish it took more time to kill each mob, and also that they'd be more threatening. Most mobs barely take 5-10% of a players health. I guess I'd WoW to be a little bit more souls-like, although that's wishful thinking.
    one player who defied death and killed gods on one larion just lying around in bastion and he dares to not hurt you enough. the audacity.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

I like it, especially the way you lvl up doing the campaign story.

I personally just wish mobs weren't so easy to kill, I wish it took more time to kill each mob, and also that they'd be more threatening. Most mobs barely take 5-10% of a players health. I guess I'd WoW to be a little bit more souls-like, although that's wishful thinking.
    They literally just tried this way like 3 years ago and it became so bad people didn't play the game so they reverted it back to normal. When were you back then? Clearly not playing the game.

If something is boring. Doing the boring thing for 5-10% longer doesn't make it more fun. People who complain about leveling being too fast are people who complain over anything. Only reason for leveling in wow is to showcase class abilities to new players and that's fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    This question will always polarize the community.
    But I'm sure someone mentioned it before, if you want slow leveling, go play classic.
    I absolutely hate leveling and think current 1-60 is too slow.
    This is why I still have not leveled an allied race. I want heritage armor but I can't be arsed with slow 1-60 leveling. My time is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Then pull more?
    I do, I'm a Prot Warrior, but I shouldn't be able to just faceroll and autopilot myself through so much content and so many mobs. There's no challenge, the game almost plays itself. I think it was better in TBC, but nevermind
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

it's tuned to a decreased average playtime per session pretty good imo
    you can login, spend an hour -> you'll get a new spell/mechanic and some upgrades

i don't login to classic, if i have less than 2 hours to play, cuz i won't get/achieve anything
    hurting my eyes and back and getting less happy-hormones than a simple walk would provide is lame

Just remember it's all about happy-hormones you get out of playing the game!
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I do, I'm a Prot Warrior, but I shouldn't be able to just faceroll and autopilot myself through so much content and so many mobs. There's no challenge, the game almost plays itself. I think it was better in TBC, but nevermind
    Then don't play tank. Holy moly, playing easy mode and complaining it's too easy. Go forth, play classic but let the annoyingly slow leveling experience stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's incredibly possible to deny that leveling is too fast, because it's not. New and average players aren't hitting 10 hours of leveling without following something like Azeroth Auto Pilot, and then that's on them. it took me like 17+ hours as an experienced player to play through BFA side Horde stuff because, surprise surprise, I took my time, read quests, watched cutscenes, and didn't rush things, much like newer or more casual players do.
    Wait, 17 hours instead of 10 is supposed to defeat the point made in the OP ?
    Because that sounds like just confirming it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wait, 17 hours instead of 10 is supposed to defeat the point made in the OP ?
    Because that sounds like just confirming it.
    No, it was suppose to show that WoW has a massively diverse player base, something literally everyone should know by now, and the 10 hours to level that everyone keeps saying is only likely to happen for people who have already spent tons of time leveling and are using assistance. Whether leveling is too fast or slow is simply a matter of opinion, and always will be, there's nothing to "defeat" here.

Honestly, they should remove leveling for all but the latest expansion. Content before level 50 has mostly irrelevant story, it's broken in more ways than one, and it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Honestly, they should remove leveling for all but the latest expansion. Content before level 50 has mostly irrelevant story, it's broken in more ways than one, and it's boring.
    So just remove levels? Level squish to level 10? Start over each expansion and just level from 1-10?

Theres a NPC you can talk to. The alliance one is in Stormwind keep. Ask him to turn off exp gains. Problem solved.

Rest of us are here to get to 60 and do stuff that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twitchboy View Post
    So just remove levels? Level squish to level 10? Start over each expansion and just level from 1-10?
    I don't see the point of the current system. Leveling just makes you weaker, only item drops get stronger as you level. You could technically just kill the system and use ilvl, and a level boost can just be gear off the AH.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried to level up in instances as level 10, painfully slow
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

If anything they could should let you get the 100% hell 200% bonus to XP after you have done the Leveling experience once in the new Xpac. I despise Leveling and Quests to a greater extent the less time I have to spend below Max level the better. At least this Xpac you have time to play Alts and can get them leveled OK speed Legion was awful and BFA was shit until they buffed it by 100% in March and is even better leveling now with the level squish but could still be faster IMO.

I think they should perma cap at 60 forever personally. All this end game stuff they have now like renown, reps, progression is good enough for me.

50-60 seems like a waste of time before you can actually start playing the game.

I wanna log in into 10.0. Be 60, and just jump right into dungeons,whatever end game system, and story quests that drop a baseline ilevel of items for every slot. After the story is finished you get WQs for higher level items. You can do heroic > mythic dungeons whenever you want.

I don't see why leveling still exists in 2020. I just want to play the game - which is the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I am ok with this. But would still like to have a huge boost or insta max level button once you have wasted 10-15 hours leveling through the newest content for leveling Alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think they should perma cap at 60 forever personally. All this end game stuff they have now like renown, reps, progression is good enough for me.

50-60 seems like a waste of time before you can actually start playing the game.

I wanna log in into 10.0. Be 60, and just jump right into dungeons,whatever end game system, and story quests that drop a baseline ilevel of items for every slot. After the story is finished you get WQs for higher level items. You can do heroic > mythic dungeons whenever you want.

I don't see why leveling still exists in 2020. I just want to play the game - which is the end game.
    This is even better, I like all of these ideas.

Because people like to progress their characters. leveling is progression. People like leveling. For them that is the game. Understand that you are not the only one playing and have a different definition of what the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because people like to progress their characters. leveling is progression. People like leveling. For them that is the game. Understand that you are not the only one playing and have a different definition of what the game is.
    You mean other people play this game? Wow... I had no idea!

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

You see people.. They no longer care about your old zones.

This was done in order to attract new players, so their impression of the game even after leveling to 50 is that is not exhaustingly hard to reach the level where you can do the current content zones. And to be honest, this was a great approach, other MMOs should follow a similar path, since it's the only way the genre can survive for longer.

You mean other people play this game? Wow... I had no idea!

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
    YOu said remove leveling because it serves no purpose. Well, it may serve no purpose to you, but is serves a purpose to other players. Basically all you said was to remove it because it serves no purpose to you. What about the people that leveling does serve a purpose for?