Why overloaded skills deal more damage than real skill?

On my Details!, every M+ run I deal more damage with Chain lightning (overload) than with the normal skill Chain Lightning. Why? Makes no sense at all for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormkeeper/Surge of Power talented, Lightning spells can have more than one overload, so the overall damage of overloads gets higher than the base spell cast.

Primarily 2 reasons. I can't remember if it's still the case, but I believe Chain Lightning has 1/3 of your mastery's chance to overload for each target hit. Furthermore, if you're using the Stormkeeper talent which you should probably be using for AoE situations, your next 2 Chain Lightning casts overload on every target hit, potentially dealing 5 times as much damage.

But if the 1/3 mastery chance per target hit still holds true, that would account for a lot of the "extra" overload damage, as you essentially have 5/3 of your normal mastery proc chance in every 5 target situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Well, I have been testing on the dummy to see if that was the key... and it is. The thing is about Stormkeeper, dealing a big amount of damage with overloaded skill but so low damage with normal skill, and that drove me mad.

Thanks guys. Solved.