Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard 2020 Fireside Chat - BlizzConline in February Free to Watch

Blizzard 2020 Fireside Chat
    BlizzConline will be February 19th - 20th and free to watch.

Hmm, okay? Am going to forget it till mid/end February but thanks.

100 million characters? wasn't it 75 million accounts many many years ago?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Each single account can have what, 50-100 characters?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The most punchable face in the industry, and that is a high standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Blizzard will apply the same level of craftsmanship that they've always demanded of themselves to future games, regardless of platform.
    I don't think anyone believes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    It was 10 million accounts, maybe up to 13 million... that was years back, but that number is probably a lot of alts, potentially starter characters, too.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Each single account can have what, 50-100 characters?
    50. but to think there have been at most 25 million new characters made in a about a decade sounds a bit... low.

(especially since if you consider the average player level from those numbers provided is 15, so most characters are deleted/barely played on top of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I don't think anyone believes this.
    Yeah it's bullshit considering they're outsourcing things like Diablo Immortal & WC3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    It was 10 million accounts, maybe up to 13 million... that was years back, but that number is probably a lot of alts, potentially starter characters, too.
    No, it was 100 million accounts.

- World of Warcraft players have created more than 100 million different accounts since the game's debut in November 2004, developer Blizzard Entertainment announced today. Blizzard provided a plethora of data points about the World of Warcraft series in a massive infographic.

Also in before someone complaining about it being free to watch :>

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    Nah was definitely 75. this article says it was 100million accounts in 2014 already. https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/53...ounts-lifetime

even if you assume something like 50% of the accounts never made a character at all, that still leaves only 2 characters ever created on the other accounts. that jus sounds unbelievably low.

reading the article, it says 500 million characters had been created by 2014. so he must be using some non-obvious definition of character.

I do think however he talks about 100million characters this year. If you watch the video, he is talking about 2020 in the sentence before.

"Blizzard will apply the same level of craftsmanship that they've always demanded of themselves to future games, regardless of platform."

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I do think however he talks about 100million characters this year. If you watch the video, he is talking about 2020 in the sentence before.
    oh yeah if its just 2020 then that sounds a lot more believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    30th anniversary will be good time to say. "Suckers, you expected to be BlizzcONline but it is me! Activision!"

RIP Anaheim. Lots of revenue loss for them if Blizzard doesn't host Blizzcon there.. Plus Disney being closed for who knows how long, sports games at the Angel's stadium and the Ducks stadium... yikes.. Wouldn't want to be the person needing to deal with budgets in that city.

100million characters and 1.5billion dings is only an average character level of 15, so that could just be covid. Some probably got to be higher level, and a bunch are probably just level 1s to hold names or be bank alts.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's AI/Machine Learning system used to validate player reports around offensive behavior and language in Heroes and Overwatch has caused an incredible decease in toxic text chat and re-offense rates.
    Hahahahaha bull fucking shit. It's the same, if not worse, then it's ever been. Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    RIP Anaheim. Lots of revenue loss for them if Blizzard doesn't host Blizzcon there.. Plus Disney being closed for who knows how long, sports games at the Angel's stadium and the Ducks stadium... yikes.. Wouldn't want to be the person needing to deal with budgets in that city.
    Anaheim just sold the Angels a bunch of land for way less than it's valued, so I guess Anaheim is okay since they don't seem to care about money.

Pretty sure that's a lot more realistic. Many people have tons of characters they never play nor delete, I have like 40 myself but play maybe 5 with anything resembling regularity. 100M characters over the entire course of WoW, Classic included, sounds far too low.

Plus that would make the average character level 15. Realistic if we talk about 2020, a lot less so if we talk about 60+ being the cap for more than 15 years.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.