Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    To be honest it's kind of hilarious how all these people on MMO-Champion are making fun of Brack's reading skills when they probably can't even speak in front of a small crowd irl... so wooow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding just how massive a number ONE billion is let alone NINE.
    Sure, 9 billion is massive. But it quickly becomes much smaller when you start looking into it.
    Classic has been out for 435 days, so the average of ghosts/whisps per day will be "just" ~20.7 million.

If throughout those 435 there was an average of 1 million players, then that translates to ~21 deaths per player per day.
    If the average of players was 5 million, it would be only ~4 deaths per player per day.
    Like I've said, without knowing how many people play the game it's kind of irrelevant.

Even knowing exact player counts, it really doesn't say that much without knowing how it compares to, for instance, retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Sure, 9 billion is massive. But it quickly becomes much smaller when you start looking into it.
    Classic has been out for 435 days, so the average of ghosts/whisps per day will be "just" ~20.7 million.

If throughout those 435 there was an average of 1 million players, then that translates to ~21 deaths per player per day.
    If the average of players was 5 million, it would be only ~4 deaths per player per day.
    Like I've said, without knowing how many people play the game it's kind of irrelevant.

Even knowing exact player counts, it really doesn't say that much without knowing how it compares to, for instance, retail WoW.
    21 deaths per player per day is OBSCENE. That right there shows that average monsters outside of raids are overtuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    21 deaths per player per day is OBSCENE. That right there shows that average monsters outside of raids are overtuned.
    If you're a literal crybaby like yourself, then sure.

I think you are misunderstanding just how massive a number ONE billion is let alone NINE.
    You understand without further context there is no conclusions you can make?
    What if 90% of those are in bgs?
    What if there are 100M characters created? It would mean everyone died 90 times.
    What time frame? A year..? Everyone died once every 4 days? OMG OVERTUNED.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    To be honest it's kind of hilarious how all these people on MMO-Champion are making fun of Brack's reading skills when they probably can't even speak in front of a small crowd irl... so wooow!
    It's the same crowd who don't play wow, but spend every free minute bitching about the game and blizzard here. It's amusing really.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea.. During progress raids mythic Raiders die way more than 21 times a day. Maybe step outside lfr sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You understand without further context there is no conclusions you can make?
    What if 90% of those are in bgs?
    What if there are 100M characters created? It would mean everyone died 90 times.
    What time frame? A year..? Everyone died once every 4 days? OMG OVERTUNED.

You have no clue what you are talking about.
    Yes because you know what you are talking about even more right? I don't know why I bother responding to posts like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    But that was one of the rallying cries for Classic! “OMG GUYS WORLD SO DANGEROUS YOU DIE!!!”
    And then people who have never played vanilla quickly left when they realized how overtuned average mobs were. So now a lot of Classic servers are utter ghost towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    They’re not overtuned though ... that’s how Classic was. And funny, if you hear Classic players tell it servers are just bursting with players! :P
    Yeah, because most Classic players are either liars or incapable of admitting when they're wrong from what I've seen. There's plenty of threads on the official forums involving people complaining about how dead a lot of the servers are.

And I know that's how it was. There was nothing fun about constantly dying to overtuned mobs out in the world in vanilla. Perfect example being the Defias Pillagers in Westfall.

Yeah, because most Classic players are either liars or incapable of admitting when they're wrong from what I've seen. There's plenty of threads on the official forums involving people complaining about how dead a lot of the servers are.

And I know that's how it was. There was nothing fun about constantly dying to overtuned mobs out in the world in vanilla. Perfect example being the Defias Pillagers in Westfall.
    You mean the famous "hard" mobs for low levels which have few videos about them, which were made in regards of classic world being dangerous as A GOOD THING.
    What do you have on the proof that "overtuned" mobs were the reason for dead servers? Classic is for the players who wanted a replica of the game, not for new gen. players who get bored in slow phased combat. And you mention these mythical threads of people complaining about overtuned mobs and yet you have nothing to show.

10+ Year Old Account

You mean, like you?

Most posts I've seen from you is how you're ''always right, and if you think I'm wrong, you're an idiot.''

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You mean the famous "hard" mobs for low levels which have few videos about them, which were made in regards of classic world being dangerous as A GOOD THING.
    What do you have on the proof that "overtuned" mobs were the reason for dead servers? Classic is for the players who wanted a replica of the game, not for new gen. players who get bored in slow phased combat. And you mention these mythical threads of people complaining about overtuned mobs and yet you have nothing to show.
    No. It's not a good thing and it's prime example of overtuned power. They were not elites yet could kill a player in one to two hits. That's absolutely terrible game design.

Classic diehards are a minority and as a result, a lot of servers are dead. People get bored and also don't like the unfair difficulty. I don't see how people can have fun dying over and over again.

There's a multitude of reasons people quit but saying nobody on the official forums are talking about servers being dead is just dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    You mean, like you?

Most posts I've seen from you is how you're ''always right, and if you think I'm wrong, you're an idiot.''
    I admit I'm wrong when I'm actually wrong not when people move goalposts to MAKE me wrong. I have never once told someone they were an idiot if they think I'm wrong so don't put words in my mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I'm wrong when I'm actually wrong not when people move goalposts to MAKE me wrong. I have never once told someone they were an idiot if they think I'm wrong so don't put words in my mouth.
    Never said you had said so. I'm saying you sound like that.

Weren't you wrong in this comment and never admitted it? This literally just happened 6 hours ago.

I've been taking part in anniversary events since Wrath. There was always something unique, even if it was something small like a pet. This year is literally just a copy of last year.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

man so much hate on this guy for no reason. the video was fine there was nothing at all wrong with it and stop dwelling on the past so much, you guys sound sound like revenge seeking people who hold grudges lol

No. It's not a good thing and it's prime example of overtuned power. They were not elites yet could kill a player in one to two hits. That's absolutely terrible game design.

Classic diehards are a minority and as a result, a lot of servers are dead. People get bored and also don't like the unfair difficulty. I don't see how people can have fun dying over and over again.

There's a multitude of reasons people quit but saying nobody on the official forums are talking about servers being dead is just dishonest.
    So... you said a lot of people complain about overtuned mobs and yet you don't provide any examples and change the subject to the complaining about dead servers, which is completely different thing and slow phase of outdoor combat might be one of the factors.

And again, not even talking about that you have no clue about where those deaths occurred in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

No you don't

Blizzard will apply the same level of craftsmanship that they've always demanded of themselves to future games, regardless of platform
    Uh oh. That's probably meant to be an encouraging statement but given the state of WoW currently, that statement has a bit worried for the future...