Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Picking a Covenant

Which covenant would you send a certain character to, lore-wise?

I'll start:

Human Paladin

Bastion - much like Uther the lightbringer.

Dwarf Warrior

Maldraxxus - "Ironforge Dwarves in particular have a long tradition of combat training, and many dwarves train extensively with axe and hammer".

Gnome Mage

"Maldraxxus is a realm where ambition is rewarded and where the strong of body and mind thrive". Gnomes have the "Expansive Mind" racial, so they fit the strong mind criteria.

Night elf Rogue

Maldraxxus - "Though night elven rogues are based within the barrow deeps beneath the Cenarion Terrace in Darnassus, they show little allegiance to the Cenarion Circle, save in working with the Circle to preserve Teldrassil from corruption."

Draenei Paladin

Bastion - their faith in the light, much like a Human Paladin, puts them in a likely place to be sent there.

Worgen Druid

Ardenweald - the Worgen curse being Druidic in origin, their connection to the Wild God Goldrinn and, of course, being a Druid, pretty much explains it.

Pandaren Monk

Ardenweald - due to their connection to the August Celestials, who are wild gods.

Orc Hunter

Ardenweald - A beastmaster is a wilderness warrior who is able to call forth the creatures of the forest to serve him.

Troll Hunter

as Headhunters, they are experts at hunting beasts. although, it seems to contradict Ardenweald, the realm actually believes hunters are essential to the balance of nature. therefore, i would send a Troll Hunter to Ardenweald.

Tauren Warrior

Maldraxxus - The tauren chieftains are elder tauren warriors that lead their tribes in daily life as well as in battle.

Undead Warlock

They would feel most at home in Maldraxxus, as the environment there is, essentially, an undead environment. but, as a warlock, as well as an undead, draining life is, i feel, very Revendrethish. as they like to torment their subjects and drain anima from their bodies, i have a feeling that an undead warlock's evilness would fit there.

Blood elf Mage

Although, not evil as Undead Warlocks, they are very arrogant, just like Kael'thas Sunstrider. i feel that as a Blood elf, and as a Blood mage, their snob and prideful attitudes match those of the Venthyr. therefore, i would send a Blood elf Mage to Revendreth.

Goblin Hunter

Revendreth - their greedy nature and selfish attitudes would probably send them there.

Void elf Priest

Though, again, not evil, their gothic aesthetics match those of Revendreth. their engagement with the Void puts them in a very likely place to be corrupted.

Lightforged Draenei Paladin

As part of the Army of the Light, their countless years of fighting demons have granted them valuable skills in warfare, and they are very army-oriented. but, as staunch believers in the light, they purge themselves of burdens during the lightforging process and, therefore, match the bastion theme.

Highmountain Tauren Warrior

Maldraxxus - same as Tauren Warriors.

Nightborne Mage

I'd say that their appearance, culture and attitudes, very much resemble those of the Blood elf Mage. therefore, i would send one into Revendreth.

Dark iron Dwarf Shaman

A peculiar case. they were evil under Ragnaros, but are now free of his influence. I feel that their fiery temperaments and fierce determination, as well as their skill in Blacksmithing, would contribute to the war-torn Maldraxxus covenant the most.

Mag'har Orc Shaman

As a Mag'har Orc, they are very war-like, as can be seen by their leader, Overlord Gey'arah. therefore, i would send one to Maldraxxus.

Kul Tiran Human Rogue

Difficult to decide. as a sailor, or pirate, you are neither particularly righteous or war-like. I'll have to compromise on Maldraxxus, i guess...

Zandalari Troll Priest

Bastion - Souls naturally drawn to service are sent here by the Arbiter. The troll priest serves the loa.

Mechagnome Warlock

Revendreth - their greediness and ambition to perfect themselves through mechanization puts them in a likely position to be sent to Revendreth.

Vulpera Rogue

They are not so obvious, as well. they are simple and passive people, using caravans to traverse areas. they are good in alchemy, as they make potions and poisons. they are also scavengers, trading what they find to make a living. I guess they would only fit Maldraxxus.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-08-21 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    My Blood Elven Death Knight is joining the Necrolords as a matter of course - but I can't deny it wasn't a toss-up between that and the Venthyr.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My Blood Elven Death Knight is joining the Necrolords as a matter of course - but I can't deny it wasn't a toss-up between that and the Venthyr.
    Depends. is it Unholy or Blood specced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Depends. is it Unholy or Blood specced?
    Frost, usually - but I do a good deal of tanking as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    My druid is going NF, warlock necrolord, DK venthyr and my hunter bastion
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    My druid is going NF, warlock necrolord, DK venthyr and my hunter bastion
    I can't pick an alt for Bastion. I have a Zandalari Paladin, but Bastion just seems like a bad fit for them. For my main and primary alts, I'm doing the following:

Frost/Blood BE DK - Necrolord
    Survival VE Hunter - Night Fae
    Havoc BE DH - Venthyr
    And maybe my BE Frost Mage or Zandalari Paladin - Bastion

3+ Year Old Account
    I can't pick an alt for Bastion. I have a Zandalari Paladin, but Bastion just seems like a bad fit for them. For my main and primary alts, I'm doing the following:

Havoc BE DH - Venthyr
    It really depends on what Loa your character would follow, for a Zandalari Paladin at least. I think Bastion would be my go as well, unless it's a Bwonsamdi follower.

Service to the Loa totally sounds like a Bastion thing to me
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account

Havoc BE DH - Venthyr
    Yea my hunter definitely feels like the oddball, just I want to have atleast one character in each covenant just so I can fully experience the story.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Mag'har Orc Priest is joining the Necrolords, as planned since the Shadowlands reveal. Gotta bathe the ghoul legion with my holy wisdom.

My Night Elf Death Knight is going Night Fae, because it fits and I wanna see Tyrande's storyline;

My Blood Elf Demon Hunter is going Venthyr because it's the edgelord way,

and my Zandalari Paladin will be going Kyrian because I wanna see that plated monstrosity of a knight.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't condemn any warrior into Maldraxxus...

Just immagine you live your life in hope of glorious afterlife with glorious battles...

only to end up in half digested vomit full of bones of a zone possibly being some rotting undead ...

yea I rather wipe my mind ovet at Bastion

Frost, usually - but I do a good deal of tanking as well.
    Blood would fit Venthyr more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It really depends on what Loa your character would follow, for a Zandalari Paladin at least. I think Bastion would be my go as well, unless it's a Bwonsamdi follower.

Service to the Loa totally sounds like a Bastion thing to me
    Actually, service to the loa fits Ardenweald, as there are loa present there.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    My Mag'har Orc Priest is joining the Necrolords, as planned since the Shadowlands reveal. Gotta bathe the ghoul legion with my holy wisdom.

My Night Elf Death Knight is going Night Fae, because it fits and I wanna see Tyrande's storyline;

My Blood Elf Demon Hunter is going Venthyr because it's the edgelord way,

and my Zandalari Paladin will be going Kyrian because I wanna see that plated monstrosity of a knight.
    Mag'har Orc priests usually use the void, as they are from the Shadowmoon Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    I wouldn't condemn any warrior into Maldraxxus...

Just immagine you live your life in hope of glorious afterlife with glorious battles...

only to end up in half digested vomit full of bones of a zone possibly being some rotting undead ...

yea I rather wipe my mind ovet at Bastion
    They are all about glory and power in battle. Are you more about Halls of Valor? because Bastion, aesthetically, looks like it, but it is more about achieving ascendance through cleansing.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-22 at 09:38 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mag'har Orc priests usually use the void, as they are from the Shadowmoon Clan.
    I care not for the long gone clan's traditions. The Mag'har wield whatever they want to.

Seriously now, the Shadowmoon are no longer. The only clan are the Mag'har - there are Darkcasters tho, but the player character is trained by Horde Priest Trainers.

Your whole post is about your pushing your headcanon into other players' characters. That's not cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hunter, Priest, DH and Rogue will probably go with Venthyr, Paladin and Mage with Kyrian, Druid, Monk and Shaman with Night Fae, DK, Lock and Warrior with Necros... Might change a few of them depending on how I like the stories though...

Abilities offered don't really matter to me in terms of performance, I'll go with whichever I like mechanically or if I like them all I'll go with whichever I like thematically.

My Night Elf Priest is going Night Fae.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't entirely decided for all my alts yet, but I'm definitely doing Venthyr for my blood elf Demon Hunter.

I'm tempted to make a Kyrian BE DH.

I'm planning on making a Night Fae night elf Druid.

And I think my worgen rogue will be joining the Monster Mash.

I care not for the long gone clan's traditions. The Mag'har wield whatever they want to.

Seriously now, the Shadowmoon are no longer. The only clan are the Mag'har - there are Darkcasters tho, but the player character is trained by Horde Priest Trainers.

Your whole post is about your pushing your headcanon into other players' characters. That's not cool.
    The clan's tradition is not gone.

It's like saying Wildhammer and Bronzebeard do not exist anymore, there is just Dwarves. or Sand, Jungle and Dark Trolls do not exist anymore, there are just Trolls now.

not any longer, class trainers are useless now.

Because i posted it on the Roleplaying forum. which, is in the Lore forum. but, do whatever you feel like.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-23 at 08:12 AM.

Venthyr on my main, Dark Iron Dwarf Monk

Maldraxxus on my Nigh Elf Demonhunter and my Orc Warrior

Bastion on my Human Paladin (obviously)

and Night Fae on my Dark Iron Dwarf Priest and Goblin Hunter

and that should be all the alts I plan on leveling this time

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The clan's tradition is not gone.

It's like saying Wildhammer and Bronzebeard do not exist anymore

not any longer, class trainers are useless now.

Because i posted it on the Roleplaying forum. which, is in the Lore forum. but, do whatever you feel like.
    The clan's traditions are merged into the Mag'har Clans.

It's completely different from Wildhammer / Bronzebeard. The old Draenor clans are gone, the Wildhammer and Bronzebeard distinction is not.

Class trainers are mechanically defunct but still exist.

If you come to the Lore forums to be ignorant of the lore that's on you.

The clan's traditions are merged into the Mag'har Clans.

It's completely different from Wildhammer / Bronzebeard. The old Draenor clans are gone, the Wildhammer and Bronzebeard distinction is not.

Class trainers are mechanically defunct but still exist.

If you come to the Lore forums to be ignorant of the lore that's on you.
    Don't you get to customize a Bronzebeard as either Bronzebeard or Wildhammer?
    don't you get to customize your Mag'har as either Blackrock, Burning Blade, Laughing Skull, Shadowmoon, Shattered Hand, Bleeding Hollow, Frostwolf, Thunderlord or Warsong?

I don't know about you. i see different clans:

It's not me whose being ignorant to the lore: "the only orcs seen wielding the power of the Light have been under the thrall of the Lightbound." that would, essentially, make you a Lightbound orc - and they didn't join the Horde along with the Mag'har.

I guess people didn't understand what i meant when i opened this thread. i meant lore-wise. where would you, guys, send these characters to. i expect you to explain and elaborate why - not just state your intentions.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-23 at 04:52 PM.

What Covenant do you thinks “fits” each Class, thematically speaking?

A couple of choices are givens — Necrolord Death Knight, Kyrian Paladin, Night Fae Druid — but others seem harder to place.

I would probably think the following, based on VERY limited knowledge:

KYRRIAN:
    - Monk
    - Paladin
    - Priest

NECROLORD:
    - Death Knight
    - Warlock
    - Warrior

NIGHT FAE:
    - Druid
    - Hunter
    - Shaman

VENTHYR:
    - Demon Hunter
    - Mage
    - Rogue

Huh. Funny enough, I didn’t intend for those to be evenly split. What a happy little accident!

Although Mage, I could also see going Kyrrian (since it seems the most “orderly”) and both Priest and Warlock, I could also see going Venthyr.

What about you guys? Based on the Classes as presented during Legion, what Covenants do you think would most closely resonate with them?