Poll: Should they extend DH's to other races?

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    gnome and pandaren demon hunters oh yeaaaa
    brooo just imagine a fem gnome meta, I despise dhs but I'd roll one in an instant, now that I think about it, I rolled a hunter a class which I also despise, when they made gnomes able to be ones.

If memory serves me well, the warlock meta was the same across every race that were able to be warlocks, what makes you think it wouldnt be the same in this scenario? Its something very blizzard like imo, to save dev time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    If memory serves me well, the warlock meta was the same across every race that were able to be warlocks, what makes you think it wouldnt be the same in this scenario? Its something very blizzard like imo, to save dev time.
    That was for gameplay reasons and laziness, not lore. giving everyone the Illidan-looks treatment.

like Druid forms having night elf ears, even though they're not Night elves:

Worgen Moonkin form

Troll Moonkin form

Flight form

old Aquatic form
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-10 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    What are you talking about of course it makes sense, it’s fantasy. What is so hard to understand that in a fantasy game that someone can’t write a story going “and then there is this blood knight class, a class specifically limited to only blood elves”.

They could have wrote in lore that orcs can only be warriors because that is their culture and none of them would ever even want to be a different class.

It’s a fantasy game dude, writing that it makes sense, instantly means that it makes sense.
    You seem to confusing "doesn't makes sense" with "impossible".

Again, it doesn't;t make sense because you're shrinking the world you are building by essentially saying, 'None of my characters have individuality".
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You seem to confusing "doesn't makes sense" with "impossible".

Again, it doesn't;t make sense because you're shrinking the world you are building by essentially saying, 'None of my characters have individuality".
    No I’m not confusing it at all. I’m pointing out scenarios where it ‘makes sense’ hence the samurai example. And then connected that to fantasy by explaining that whatever reason they come up with to limit classes to races will make sense as long as they say it does.

Like, once again, if they said “orcs can only be warriors because that’s what their culture is, is nothing but warriors and don’t they have the capabilities of learning anything else” it would make sense, because the authors said it does.

You are trying to tie in real world logic with fantasy logic, which quite frankly is just nonsense.

No I’m not confusing it at all. I’m pointing out scenarios where it ‘makes sense’ hence the samurai example. And then connected that to fantasy by explaining that whatever reason they come up with to limit classes to races will make sense as long as they say it does.

Like, once again, if they said “orcs can only be warriors because that’s what their culture is, is nothing but warriors and don’t they have the capabilities of learning anything else” it would make sense, because the authors said it does.

You are trying to tie in real world logic with fantasy logic, which quite frankly is just nonsense.
    No you really are confusing the two things.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

No you really are confusing the two things.
    No I’m really not and I just explained word for word what I meant in terms of how it ‘makes sense’ you just don’t like it.

No I’m really not and I just explained word for word what I meant in terms of how it ‘makes sense’ you just don’t like it.
    No you really are.

You are making an argument that it is possible because they can do it just because they are the ones writing it. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing they shouldn't do it, because it makes the world they're creating 2-D, because they've created a bunch of races that are all simple and not complex because they lack individuality. When I say it doesn't;t make sense I am not saying, "I'm too stupid to understand they can create what they want." I'm saying it doesn't;t make sense they want to create a diverse world but make their characters flat.

No you really are.

You are making an argument that it is possible because they can do it just because they are the ones writing it. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing they shouldn't do it, because it makes the world they're creating 2-D, because they've created a bunch of races that are all simple and not complex because they lack individuality. When I say it doesn't;t make sense I am not saying, "I'm too stupid to understand they can create what they want." I'm saying it doesn't;t make sense they want to create a diverse world but make their characters flat.
    And I’m telling you that you, as a non writer of the story, do not decide what does or doesn’t make sense for the story. The writer does. If the writer wants to make a story that there is a universe where only humans can harness a certain power because of their race then it would inherently make sense in that world because that’s the world he made it out to be.

What YOU are trying to say is that you think these characters should have ‘individuality’ and decide what they can and can’t be. This is not how fantasy works. You do not decide what makes sense you can only follow the lore they give you and accept it.

Guess what doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t make sense to eat a heart and be transformed into a demon with magic running through your veins. But the author says that’s how it works. Therefor it makes sense.

Tldr; you do not decide what makes sense. Full stop. End of discussion.

Your anecdotal evidence isn't anything more than, get this now....anecdotal.
    And your complaint about race restrictions being reductive as opposed to making all classes available to every race is what exactly?

Seems to all you really want is "changing skins."

And I’m telling you that you, as a non writer of the story, do not decide what does or doesn’t make sense for the story. The writer does. If the writer wants to make a story that there is a universe where only humans can harness a certain power because of their race then it would inherently make sense in that world because that’s the world he made it out to be.

What YOU are trying to say is that you think these characters should have ‘individuality’ and decide what they can and can’t be. This is not how fantasy works. You do not decide what makes sense you can only follow the lore they give you and accept it.

Guess what doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t make sense to eat a heart and be transformed into a demon with magic running through your veins. But the author says that’s how it works. Therefor it makes sense.

Tldr; you do not decide what makes sense. Full stop. End of discussion.
    You just told me, what I wrote didn't make sense, contradicting your asinine point.

That pit in your stomach is called hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And your complaint about race restrictions being reductive as opposed to making all classes available to every race is what exactly?

Seems to all you really want is "changing skins."
    I've already explained what it means. I'd try to explain it again, but I don't have logic flashcards.

You just told me, what I wrote didn't make sense, contradicting your asinine point.

That pit in your stomach is called hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

I've already explained what it means. I'd try to explain it again, but I don't have logic flashcards.
    No, I told you that you do not decide what does or doesn’t make sense. That’s what I told you.

Your reading comprehension at least matches your logic.

No, I told you that you do not decide what does or doesn’t make sense. That’s what I told you.

Your reading comprehension at least matches your logic.
    Sure I do.

For example, this stupid ass bullshit you're spewing doesn't;t make sense based on my original point.

Only the agile races. Maybe human, void elf for sure, troll, maybe Zandalari (they're a bit bulkier). Gnome, goblin, Vulpera would be ridiculous, their size downplays it too much.

That's all I can come up with. The other races are too bulky, stout, or ludicrously short without the proper limbs to do the shit DH do (see: Gnome especially).

Sure I do.

For example, this stupid ass bullshit you're spewing doesn't;t make sense based on my original point.
    The fact that you think you decide what does or doesn’t make sense in someone else story and universe speaks volumes about your train of thought.

It’s basically worthless at this point.

The fact that you think you decide what does or doesn’t make sense in someone else story and universe speaks volumes about your train of thought.

It’s basically worthless at this point.
    Except he hasn't been arguing that it doesn't make sense in the story or universe, but from a writing perspective. I don't know how you've missed that post after post.

Also, ever heard of plot holes? Just because a writer writes something and says it makes sense, doesn't mean it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Except he hasn't been arguing that it doesn't make sense in the story or universe, but from a writing perspective. I don't know how you've missed that post after post.

Also, ever heard of plot holes? Just because a writer writes something and says it makes sense, doesn't mean it makes sense.
    The context of what he is arguing is completely different than a plot hole. He is specifically talking in how the universe works. That’s completely unrelated to a plot hole. He is saying it doesn’t make sense for any race not to be able to be any class. I explained to him (from a writers perspective) that they can make the rules for their own universe. As in “in my story I think humans shouldn’t be able to be druids because they don’t posses *insert trait here*) and therefor I just made it make sense for humans not to be able to be druids.

Lol I’m honestly curious how you are trying to tie in a plot hole into this conversation. A plot hole is the writers not being consistent with their own plot. For example “humans can’t be druids because XYZ” and then you find a character that is a human druid. That’s a plot hole. Completely different than what I’m talking about.

The context of what he is arguing is completely different than a plot hole. He is specifically talking in how the universe works. That’s completely unrelated to a plot hole. He is saying it doesn’t make sense for any race not to be able to be any class. I explained to him (from a writers perspective) that they can make the rules for their own universe. As in “in my story I think humans shouldn’t be able to be druids because they don’t posses *insert trait here*) and therefor I just made it make sense for humans not to be able to be druids.

Lol I’m honestly curious how you are trying to tie in a plot hole into this conversation. A plot hole is the writers not being consistent with their own plot. For example “humans can’t be druids because XYZ” and then you find a character that is a human druid. That’s a plot hole. Completely different than what I’m talking about.
    It's amazing, well not really, that you missed the point again.

They can do what ever they want. Say 10 years down the road demons show up on some new unexplored unknown to even the Titans. Nit a huge threat like the BL, but the could do a DK thing and allow all current races to be DHs now that there is a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    It's amazing, well not really, that you missed the point again.
    It’s amazing, not really, that I didn’t. I get your point. I think it’s irrelevant.