Option to control mentions and notifications by threads?

Hello

Is it possible to turn on notifications for threads you want to follow and turn off for ones you just posted your opinion? If i'm not clear what this means, its the same system blizzard has on their forums, I think.

If I have opinion on matter, I can post it in the thread, but I no intent to discuss it further or quit following the thread if it devolves into flame war like they often do. If I did post an opinion people dont agree, I keep getting notifications of people replying to it even weeks later saying the same thing over and over again. If I did answer to any of them I would escalate or derail thread.

So I would like to not be notified of threads or turn it off once I feel discussion has become pointless. Is this already possible somehow?

If not, can it be put in somehow? Blizz seems to have found it neccessary to be on their forums at least so it does not seem dumb idea.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Hello

Is it possible to turn on notifications for threads you want to follow and turn off for ones you just posted your opinion? If i'm not clear what this means, its the same system blizzard has on their forums, I think.

If I have opinion on matter, I can post it in the thread, but I no intent to discuss it further or quit following the thread if it devolves into flame war like they often do. If I did post an opinion people dont agree, I keep getting notifications of people replying to it even weeks later saying the same thing over and over again. If I did answer to any of them I would escalate or derail thread.

So I would like to not be notified of threads or turn it off once I feel discussion has become pointless. Is this already possible somehow?

If not, can it be put in somehow? Blizz seems to have found it neccessary to be on their forums at least so it does not seem dumb idea.

bottom has all the option you want.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Indeed, before making this thread, I checked. I did find it, but that is for the entire forum, as far as I can tell.

I don't want to turn off quote notifications and mentions entirely, just the threads that have turned into flamewars or don't go anywhere. I don't like taking part in them, if I can avoid it. Yet, the people in these threads will and I will keep getting notificiations over and over again. As in... filling my notifications with equivalent of spam. Removing it, will also make me less likely to want to answer to trolls and flaming, but thats just to help my self control.

There isn't any way to do what you want at this time and it'd be a not insignificant time investment to implement it, as the notification system is written by a third party. I'll keep it in mind for future work if we ever do a pass on the notification system though.