Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kristi Noem: Grim Reaper of the Mid West

Kristi Noem, once the darling of the GOP. Her amping up the Culture War in the face of Covid may have doomed thousands. And she thought it was all a big joke.

How the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally may have spread coronavirus across the Upper Midwest

It had been a long ride back from Sturgis, S.D., so when he first felt an ache at the back of his throat, Kenny Cervantes figured he was just tired. He’d traveled the 400-some miles on his Harley, rumbling through wide-open farm and prairie land on his way home to Riverdale, Neb., where his girlfriend was waiting.
    A lifelong motorcycle enthusiast, the 50-year-old construction worker and father of five had been determined to go to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, a holy grail for bikers. Even when his girlfriend, Angie Balcom, decided to stay back because she was worried about being around so many people during a pandemic, Cervantes was adamant about going.
    “I don’t think there was nothing that was going to stop me,” he said.
    Back home, Cervantes took Tylenol for his throat and went to bed early. But he woke up the next morning coughing so hard he struggled to catch his breath. Over the next few days, the pain in his chest made him fear that his heart might stop, and a test later confirmed he had the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease covid-19. He was admitted to the hospital 11 days later, on Aug. 27. Soon, his girlfriend and his sister were sick, and Cervantes was going over everything he did and every place he visited in Sturgis, wondering where the virus had found him.

Well at least his state tried some contact tracing ...

Cervantes feels certain he got the virus from his Sturgis trip, and shared that with the contact tracer from the Two Rivers Public Health Department who phoned him after his case was recorded. Nebraska borders South Dakota, and health officials there expected they might see rally-related infections.

Yet his illness was not classified as a Sturgis case, suggesting that even under the best of circumstances, infections might go uncounted. With so much still unknown, it worries him to think people might look at the rally and conclude that massive events aren’t concerning after all — that the risk is worth it.
    Government Affiliated Snark

People like Meghan McCain keep calling her 'Queen!' thinking it's cool and empowering. She's the Queen of the Damned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    People like Meghan McCain keep calling her 'Queen!' thinking it's cool and empowering. She's the Queen of the Damned.
    Now why did you have to say that? Now I can't watch the movie anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is scary now. The Dark Ones of Conservatism thank Governor Noem for her generous offering of constituent lives in sacrifice to the MAGA Gods, ensuring the party a bountiful harvest of judicial appointments...

Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Good, don't watch that movie.

As someone who lives right next to SD, and about an hour away from the biggest city in SD (with 1/4 of the state population), I am both terrified and enraged at this mad-woman.

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    As someone who lives right next to SD, and about an hour away from the biggest city in SD (with 1/4 of the state population), I am both terrified and enraged at this mad-woman.
    You and me both. Im about three hours away.

if you understand evolution via natural selection this is a good opportunity for humanity, alongside the black death in europe, its unfortunate, but maybe its much needed because the survivor bias of people with a higher propensity to understand information may be beneficial in the longer run,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    survivor bias of people with a higher propensity to understand information
    On what basis are you presuming that bias exists?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    On what basis are you presuming that bias exists?
    obviously if people listen to the experts and dont do things like go to giant rallies, they will be less likely to get infected with covid, and a certain perncentage albeit low will die, but in the end it effectively means only dumb people will die and smart people wont, thus might be a net positive overall

Brainwashed idiots doing what brainwashed idiots do.

obviously if people listen to the experts and dont do things like go to giant rallies, they will be less likely to get infected with covid, and a certain perncentage albeit low will die, but in the end it effectively means only dumb people will die and smart people wont, thus might be a net positive overall
    The problem is that even if the smart people don't go to giant rallies, they're still interacting with people who interacted with people who interacted with the dumb people who did.

if you understand evolution via natural selection this is a good opportunity for humanity, alongside the black death in europe, its unfortunate, but maybe its much needed because the survivor bias of people with a higher propensity to understand information may be beneficial in the longer run,
    Yeah, let all those poor people die, just like what happened back in the 1400's. Seems like a completely rational response to the threat of death and disease.

And, since we're now comparing the plague and coronavirus:

Some historians believe that society subsequently became more violent as the mass mortality rate cheapened life and thus increased warfare, crime, popular revolt, waves of flagellants, and persecution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague#History

The riots are already here, as is crime. It's already happening. See? I can blame all the stupid shit that's happened this year on covid if I wanted to, if I use your stupid logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Yeah, let all those poor people die, just like what happened back in the 1400's. Seems like a completely rational response to the threat of death and disease.

And, since we're now comparing the plague and coronavirus:

Some historians believe that society subsequently became more violent as the mass mortality rate cheapened life and thus increased warfare, crime, popular revolt, waves of flagellants, and persecution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague#History

The riots are already here, as is crime. It's already happening. See? I can blame all the stupid shit that's happened this year on covid if I wanted to, if I use your stupid logic.
    https://apnews.com/article/counties-...6715da6edb6ebf

i wish they did take the disease seriously, i am just saying maybe its not the worst thing in the world that they arent in those specific counties, that is all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    2020 the year smashmouth participated in a crime against humanity

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just say you dont understand evolution? Not sure how killing mostly elderly people impacts evolution in any significant way?
    in the specifics counties where its uncontrolled (IE the thread is about south dakota), in certain counties there is adequate social distancing and mask wearing to slow the spread, in which case those counties will have a lower propensity of deaths than other counties where it is flouted

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    You should never watch that movie.

It's a disgrace to Anne Rice, vampires, Nu-Metal, goths and scene kids, screen writing, the art of film making, narrative structure, logic, the actors involved and Aaliyah.

We all need to forget about that movie and never watch it or talk about it. If every copy of it would vanish from existence tomorrow, nothing of value would be lost.

https://apnews.com/article/counties-...6715da6edb6ebf

i wish they did take the disease seriously, i am just saying maybe its not the worst thing in the world that they arent in those specific counties, that is all

- - - Updated - - -

in the specifics counties where its uncontrolled (IE the thread is about south dakota), in certain counties there is adequate social distancing and mask wearing to slow the spread, in which case those counties will have a lower propensity of deaths than other counties where it is flouted
    I really, really, wish we'd take the cue from Asian countries, who already have wearing masks built into their culture, as gospel, but there it is. Wearing masks is only one small part of it too. Protecting the vulnerable is the bigger chunk of it, that both sides have been failing massively at. It took my dad three months to finally convince my grandparents to cancel thanksgiving and christmas dinners. They are in their 90's, and shouldn't be entertaining ANYONE, much less children and essential workers, like my dad.

Why some people are so stupid in this country is beyond me, but I am not of the opinion that we should celebrate them dying, or hope they do either.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I really, really, wish we'd take the cue from Asian countries, who already have wearing masks built into their culture, as gospel, but there it is. Wearing masks is only one small part of it too. Protecting the vulnerable is the bigger chunk of it, that both sides have been failing massively at. It took my dad three months to finally convince my grandparents to cancel thanksgiving and christmas dinners. They are in their 90's, and shouldn't be entertaining ANYONE, much less children and essential workers, like my dad.

Why some people are so stupid in this country is beyond me, but I am not of the opinion that we should celebrate them dying, or hope they do either.
    *cough* Muh Freedumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Kristi Noem is what happens when a Fox News babe becomes a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You should never watch that movie.

It's a disgrace to Anne Rice, vampires, Nu-Metal, goths and scene kids, screen writing, the art of film making, narrative structure, logic, the actors involved and Aaliyah.

We all need to forget about that movie and never watch it or talk about it. If every copy of it would vanish from existence tomorrow, nothing of value would be lost.
    Um, I beg to differ. The soundtrack was epic