Returning play wondering about the new crafting system?

So.. When I was around there wasnt crafting for each expansion or how it is now. But does this mean that I dont have to max my professions on a new char that I want to main for SL? I just get the "Shadowlands skinning" or "Shadowlands leatherworking" from the first hub in Shadowlands is my guess and Im good to go? Or do I need to level skinning and lw to max before Shadowlands for that to work? I have no clue how it works, I am a bit slow, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious View Post
    I just get the "Shadowlands skinning" or "Shadowlands leatherworking" from the first hub in Shadowlands is my guess and Im good to go?
    That is exactly how the new system works. You are no longer forced to grind through previous expansion crafts. You can skip everything if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    That is exactly how the new system works. You are no longer forced to grind through previous expansion crafts. You can skip everything if you don't want to.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious View Post
    I just get the "Shadowlands skinning" or "Shadowlands leatherworking" from the first hub in Shadowlands is my guess and Im good to go?
    Yeah, been that way for quite some time now.

Note you can still skin beasts in other expansions, but you'll get less materials from it if you didn't learn it. Can't craft anything from older expansions without learning obviously.

Professions were essentially made useless in BFA except maybe alchemy. Not holding my breath for shadowlands.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Professions were essentially made useless in BFA except maybe alchemy. Not holding my breath for shadowlands.
    With relics and the legendary crafting system I have some hope for sl professions. They were dead in BFA imo.