Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mandatory covenat is the new AOTC ??

The war between numbers x the Covenant you like ..begins (Yes, Blizzard already knew this was going to happen).

I just saw this news on the wowhead website and (if this is really true) I hope Blizzard will use all possible efforts to change this situation.
    I don't want to see my rogue rejected in all raids because I didn't choose a covenant that only matches the paladins ..!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318915/...aid-and-mythic

Best Covenants for DPS Single target:
    (I will put a "lol" where I think that things really don't match ..)

Frost Death Knight - Kyrian (lol)
    Unholy Death Knight - Kyrian (lol)
    Havoc Demon Hunter - Venthyr
    Balance Druid - Necrolord (lol)
    Feral Druid - Kyrian
    Beast Mastery Hunter - Kyrian
    Marksmanship Hunter - Kyrian
    Survival Hunter - Kyrian
    Arcane Mage - Night Fae
    Fire Mage - Necrolord (lol)
    Frost Mage - Venthyr
    Windwalker Monk - Kyrian
    Retribution Paladin - Venthyr (lol)
    Shadow Priest - Kyrian
    Assassination Rogue - Kyrian (lol)
    Outlaw Rogue - Kyrian
    Subtlety Rogue - Kyrian (lol)
    Elemental Shaman - Venthyr
    Enhancement Shaman - Night Fae
    Affliction Warlock - Kyrian (lol)
    Demonology Warlock - Necrolord
    Destruction Warlock - Kyrian
    Arms Warrior - Venthyr
    Fury Warrior - Venthyr

That is it boys...
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-03 at 07:04 PM.

It's not a lobby game, it's an MMO. Since 2004 you have had the same 3 options:

1) Have friends and you can play whatever the hell you want

2) Make your own groups and you can enforce your arbitrary requirements on others

3) Put up with whatever arbitrary requirements group leaders have for their own PUG's

I've done a lot of PUG's over the last 2 expansion in particular (raiding and mythic+) and I'm not a meta guy. The number of times I've been questioned or kicked because of a talent/gear/essence/whatever choice is somewhat lower than 5. Maybe covenants will be slightly more impactful in certain settings, but I'm guessing not so much.

While this is one issue, the next one will be when people unlock higher levels of renown and their bis covenant changes. So at that point in order to maximize your dps/performance you will have to ditch your entire progress with your original covenant to switch to another from scratch.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I just saw this news on the wowhead website and (if this is really true)
    It's clickbait mate.

It's not some legit ranking based on how people actually act in the game. It's just clickbait for FOTM panic-boys.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    That list fails to mention how very minor the differences are.

For DK as example: kyrian, venthyr and night fae are super close.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for people get to mad at me because I'm picking Night Fae on my Priest

Looks like Kyrian is for almost everything too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I just saw this news on the wowhead website and (if this is really true) I hope Blizzard will use all possible efforts to change this situation.
    I don't want to see my rogue rejected in all raids because I didn't choose a covenant that only matches the paladins ..!
    There's no fucking way to change part of the community being overly-idiotic about the meta.

What you can limit is your exposition to those players - create your own groups, join a guild, etc (@Trend covered it for you).

This is not Blizzard's fault at all. Classic has like 9 relevant specs and people are annoying about it there too - no designer will limit themselves because of metatards.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s not going to happen. Which covenant you pick may increase your ceiling/potential, but if you’re not parsing 90% or higher, it doesn’t change much. As long as you play your class well, you’ll always have a spot in raids.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

This list is nice, but what I would really like to see is what the difference is between each covenant regarding output on the same spec.

It's nice that someone says "The best for Fury is Venthyr", it might even be the case.
    But best by how much?
    2%? 5%? 10%?
    This is what really matters. I don't think Blizzard would allow one class to be basically unplayable in anything but one covenant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Can't wait for people get to mad at me because I'm picking Night Fae on my Priest

Looks like Kyrian is for almost everything too
    Why would they be mad if you take one for the team?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably picking Venthyr for most melee classes purely because of the -% root/snares.

Don't really fancy any of the Kyrian spells for any of the classes except Warlock, ironically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Probably picking Venthyr for most melee classes purely because of the -% root/snares.

Don't really fancy any of the Kyrian spells for any of the classes except Warlock, ironically.
    It's the Conduits. Pelagos is massively OP right now which makes Kyrian so dominant all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Sucks to be people who can't make friends I guess. So be more sociable and less shitty at the game? All of this expectation is from years of garbage players saturating the game space to begin with which inflates expectation of pugs.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Most of the time when I want another Alt for alchemy or just to get the heritage armor I make a hunter. At max level I pug them through a dungeon grand tour until doing most dungeons +9 just for the fun and getting a bit of gear. All of them were marksmen in BfA.

Not once was I even asked what spec I play, and not once did I get a comment inside the dungeon.

I am pretty sure it will be the same for covenants. It'll be irrelevant if you don't actually push world first or +30

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    That list fails to mention how very minor the differences are.

For DK as example: kyrian, venthyr and night fae are super close.
    For rogues it's similar, the deciding factor is the soulbind. which also isn't that far ahead. until they nerf that one soulbind.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    It's not a lobby game, it's an MMO. Since 2004 you have had the same 3 options:

1) Have friends and you can play whatever the hell you want

2) Make your own groups and you can enforce your arbitrary requirements on others

3) Put up with whatever arbitrary requirements group leaders have for their own PUG's

I've done a lot of PUG's over the last 2 expansion in particular (raiding and mythic+) and I'm not a meta guy. The number of times I've been questioned or kicked because of a talent/gear/essence/whatever choice is somewhat lower than 5. Maybe covenants will be slightly more impactful in certain settings, but I'm guessing not so much.
    I play with friends Ive known for over 13 years in WoW. Those friends expect me to maximize my character as I also expect that from them. Instead of saying "play with friends" change that to "play with friends that dont do challenging content, or just dont care".

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I play with friends Ive known for over 13 years in WoW. Those friends expect me to maximize my character as I also expect that from them. Instead of saying "play with friends" change that to "play with friends that dont do challenging content, or just dont care".
    Because you can't possibly do challenging content unless you choose all the supposed best choices?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Maybe you and your friends should stop taking premature clickbait articles from fucking WoWHead of all places so seriously?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Play in a decent heroic guild & you won't worry about covenants & AOTC.

7+ Year Old Account
    I somewhat recall before with corruptions that people would just be declined from groups if they didn't have certain types of corruption. Instead what happened was the usual, higher item level > anything else lol.

You can be rest assured that as long as you have higher item level over the others you will get into groups.