Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The big problem is that to get either the flask/food buff or 3% st bonus you need to drop a potency conduit.

So with Nadjia (and all the other soulbinds) you have either 2 potency conduits with the big DPS talent or 1 potency conduits with the big DPS talent and one small DPS talent.

Pelagos gives 2 potency Conduits and 2 big DPS talents (the first and last one) at the same time.

This is the problem.
    Okay, I can see that. That's a bit shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I plan on using the fotm spec and covenant, so why not both, lol?

Metadata is being used by the community as filters for pugs, so why not optimize my metadata anywhere I can?

I mean, I'm playing "World of Warcraft" I'm not role-playing "Ice Mage Gandolf," I'll get over whatever the meta is.

If two products were on amazon and one was 5 stars, 1000 reviews, and one was 4 stars, 75 reviews, I'm going with the 5 stars, just saying. I have no preference outside of optimization and I can't imagine caring, though to be fair it seems that most do.
    because it's time vs efficiency. We are already doing 3 way filter -class + spec + score/progress and it suits most of the cases. I.E.
    Case:
    I am doing +22.

I select classes with ok synergy and useful dungeon quirks
    Class has to be a correct spec (fire, bm, resto and so on)
    Person with the correct class has to have good score

This is a really good spot for power gained/time spent. Lets say I can assemble a group which can succeed at 85% chance given that I don't slack and don't compromise.

If I start looking for correct corruptions/talents/azerite/essenses my search times are increased greatly for something which I already have 85% chance to succeed and to gain another 5-10% would require me to look for people not for 15minutes but 45minutes. Also RIO/Mythic boss progress is already filtering out most of people who are bad or not willing to put extra effort/sacrifice fun over performance at a significant level.
    I know everyone loves to say that everyone can get carried so I should take their 800 alt over some "carried" 3.2k rogue.

Ofc. If I am doing something big (a +24 for me) I would deffo take my time to actually go and see if those people had done that dungeon, how fast and if I have competence on the class I will look at the gear too. That being said I won't be looking for more than 30minutes. I would just do something else and wait for better time to create a group if the bracket is dead.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    The war between numbers x the Covenant you like ..begins (Yes, Blizzard already knew this was going to happen).

I just saw this news on the wowhead website and (if this is really true) I hope Blizzard will use all possible efforts to change this situation.
    I don't want to see my rogue rejected in all raids because I didn't choose a covenant that only matches the paladins ..!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318915/...aid-and-mythic

Best Covenants for DPS Single target:
    (I will put a "lol" where I think that things really don't match ..)

Frost Death Knight - Kyrian (lol)
    Unholy Death Knight - Kyrian (lol)
    Havoc Demon Hunter - Venthyr
    Balance Druid - Necrolord (lol)
    Feral Druid - Kyrian
    Beast Mastery Hunter - Kyrian
    Marksmanship Hunter - Kyrian
    Survival Hunter - Kyrian
    Arcane Mage - Night Fae
    Fire Mage - Necrolord (lol)
    Frost Mage - Venthyr
    Windwalker Monk - Kyrian
    Retribution Paladin - Venthyr (lol)
    Shadow Priest - Kyrian
    Assassination Rogue - Kyrian (lol)
    Outlaw Rogue - Kyrian
    Subtlety Rogue - Kyrian (lol)
    Elemental Shaman - Venthyr
    Enhancement Shaman - Night Fae
    Affliction Warlock - Kyrian (lol)
    Demonology Warlock - Necrolord
    Destruction Warlock - Kyrian
    Arms Warrior - Venthyr
    Fury Warrior - Venthyr

That is it boys...
    Kyrian is my preferred choice as a rogue, always been. i like the Covenant and the abilities so this is nice

I'm just glad there's a list. Thanks OP. Now get me a list on the proper soulbindings so I don't have to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

No one is going to tell me what cov I should have so it matters not. As a tank I GET TO CHOOSE who comes with ME not the other way around so it is a moot point to begin with and I will never require stringent shit like that and I hope most people do the same.

I will be honest. I plan to choose the covenant I want, and play what I want. I really, really don't care.

I think the covenant system sounds cool if you don't obsess over minmaxing. If people decline me from pugs because I didn't choose the "right" covenant then they're probably taking the game more seriously than I feel like it needs to be. This is coming from someone with realm firsts and a history of heroic/mythic raiding.

I don't care if they are balanced or not, but blizzard better not f... nerf/buff them a couple of weeks into expansion after everyone has already made their choice.
    Let them stay broken til the next patch if you couldn't figure out how to balance during beta.

I would be pissed if I need to choose a new covenant and start the farm from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll pick whatever the fuck I want, should I get declined because of it or whatever theres plenty of space on my ignore list.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    As for Blood/Unholy, i thought Night fae was the better one, great kiting potentials and big juiced up DnD aoe.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The worst part of covenant complaining is that it's indirectly complaining about choice and customization in the game. It's a rabbit hole that we can't have choice because if we have choice, one option will be .0001% better than the other one. Even if the difference is so small that it will be irrelevant for all but the top world raiders going for world firsts. Raid leaders will make sure you're gemmed, enchanted, geared, and know your class.

But if a narcissistic raid leader (there are some out there) tries to tell me covenant or even talent choice, I leave. There are raid leaders out there that will think they know how to play every class and spec better than anyone because they tried it on an alt for a little while. If you run into one of those that tries to tell you how to talent or play a class/spec that you've mained for years, find a new group. Those are the raid leaders that stand in fire and then blame the group for wipes.

So basically Kyrian for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    As for Blood/Unholy, i thought Night fae was the better one, great kiting potentials and big juiced up DnD aoe.
    Imagine playing an edgy class like DK only to go for Nightfae.

The abilities get airtime because they're most important to gameplay feel but they were never going to make or break the choice it was always the soulbinds that mattered. Which is why blizzard systematically nerfed them all into oblivion, kyrian is so massively over-represented right now because they've still got an op one, expect it to be kneecapped before the expansion launches.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

The war between numbers x the Covenant you like ..begins (Yes, Blizzard already knew this was going to happen).

I just saw this news on the wowhead website and (if this is really true) I hope Blizzard will use all possible efforts to change this situation.
    I don't want to see my rogue rejected in all raids because I didn't choose a covenant that only matches the paladins ..!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318915/...aid-and-mythic

Best Covenants for DPS Single target:
    (I will put a "lol" where I think that things really don't match ..)

Frost Death Knight - Kyrian (lol)
    Unholy Death Knight - Kyrian (lol)
    Havoc Demon Hunter - Venthyr
    Balance Druid - Necrolord (lol)
    Feral Druid - Kyrian
    Beast Mastery Hunter - Kyrian
    Marksmanship Hunter - Kyrian
    Survival Hunter - Kyrian
    Arcane Mage - Night Fae
    Fire Mage - Necrolord (lol)
    Frost Mage - Venthyr
    Windwalker Monk - Kyrian
    Retribution Paladin - Venthyr (lol)
    Shadow Priest - Kyrian
    Assassination Rogue - Kyrian (lol)
    Outlaw Rogue - Kyrian
    Subtlety Rogue - Kyrian (lol)
    Elemental Shaman - Venthyr
    Enhancement Shaman - Night Fae
    Affliction Warlock - Kyrian (lol)
    Demonology Warlock - Necrolord
    Destruction Warlock - Kyrian
    Arms Warrior - Venthyr
    Fury Warrior - Venthyr

That is it boys...
    Your post is extremely opinionated yet you attempt to pass it all off as hard fact. And as others ha e said, the differences are usually so minor 99% of the playerbase wouldn't notice or care. Basically another case of looking for a problem where there isn't really one. This might be a shocker to you, but most people do not raid mythic, or even heroic. Lot of people do not even go into normal. These silly posts where extreme min/max issues are made out to be huge game breakers are getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think you didn't read what I wrote... there is not much I can do about it, I just have to accept it.
    I did.

You're just bullshitting. No one doesn't have the time to get a guild or get a community to do actual endgame with. If you can spend hours getting rejecting in pugs you can spend that time putting in a 5-minute application to a guild. Stop making feeble excuses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anrakyr View Post
    So basically Kyrian for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine playing an edgy class like DK only to go for Nightfae.
    True, but id rather got for function over form.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

True, but id rather got for function over form.
    Nah, I would never do that. Unless whatever I like the looks of is complete dogshit for my purposes, I would never choose functionality over looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Stop making feeble excuses.
    I'm not making the feeble excuses, just can't find an autistic friendly guild ... they just want normal people in the guild.

I'm in a guild, and I'm the only one not in the raid group or invited to many things, it is the nature of things. I accept the crumbs I can get and move on - it is this way in real life, and this way in game.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Pre-release
    It's only 3/5/7%
    Just play with friends
    I'm picking for RP reasons
    It only matters to the 0.00000000000000001%

Post-release
    WTF bros I just got kicked from a 10 for having the wrong covenant why is the community so toxic *emoji*
    The most powerful truth I read in this entire topic.
    TY.

First. You would see this list even if the difference between percieved worst and best is 0.5%.

Secondly, as a raider myself in mythic raiding so many people think dps and hps is everthing. 90% of the time you fail to kill a boss in mythic environment is something to do with execution of boss mechanics and strategy. Not because someone failed to optimize their character.

You have gearcheck bosses but there is an expection for many mythic guilds to be able to kill those bosses undergeared.

In my guild that only requirement regards to covenant is to have a covenant. I could be in a mythic guild which require me to be a specific covenant I don't like. But why would I put myself into that position?

- - - Updated - - -

The most powerful truth I read in this entire topic.
    TY.
    Well if you get kicked from a 10 because of a covenant choice then those that kicked you don't even understand how the game works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm not making the feeble excuses, just can't find an autistic friendly guild ... they just want normal people in the guild.

I'm in a guild, and I'm the only one not in the raid group or invited to many things, it is the nature of things. I accept the crumbs I can get and move on - it is this way in real life, and this way in game.
    I am also autistic and I have a guild. I hope you find a permanent raid spot. Its not impossible. ������

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    First. You would see this list even if the difference between percieved worst and best is 0.5%.

Secondly, as a raider myself in mythic raiding so many people think dps and hps is everthing. 90% of the time you fail to kill a boss in mythic environment is something to do with execution of boss mechanics and strategy. Not because someone failed to optimize their character.

You have gearcheck bosses but there is an expection for many mythic guilds to be able to kill those bosses undergeared.

In my guild that only requirement regards to covenant is to have a covenant. I could be in a mythic guild which require me to be a specific covenant I don't like. But why would I put myself into that position?
    All the commotion about the power of covenant abilities from the viewpoint of this thread are those of the people who trap themselves in the 'meta' trends. These types of people always think the perceived meta is the one and only solution to content, all while not creating the meta nor understanding why the top tier players used the meta. The reality is that the meta tends to evolve from a comp/person specific environment where people's skill and preferences come into play to tackle content under the group's unique challenges. The simple version of what I just said is that the meta not only is uniquely tailored for the people who make it, but also that it doesn't necessarily mean it's the best for everyone.

Does this mean that the Covenants couldn't still be balanced better? No, there's still room for improvement. However, the difference generally will not matter as much as other factors, such as the skill/coordination of your group and adherence to mechanics and the raid strategy. Everyone's had that one person in their guild/raid that can pump out the numbers, but has a poor survival rate and/or constantly fails to do mechanics. They're the people who generally will not change a talent or sacrifice their personal damage output for the sake of the raid, worried about their maximum DPS output at the cost of defeating the encounter. Even the top tier guilds experience this, you can see some of the beta mythic raid testing where you have those individuals who constantly fail mechanics. When it comes to the world first race, more often than not if a healing/DPS check isn't the reason for the wipe, it's someone screwing up or not obeying mechanics. The difference between the top guilds and everyone else is that the collective skill and (more importantly) time investment is superior. The top guilds could probably beat the mythic end-bosses with any Covenant before the vast majority of players due to the amount of front-loaded time and skill, all while being undergeared.

So what does this mean for everyone else? The reality is that you could clear the most difficult content of the game with any covenant, and it'll come down to your preference in the end. While one choice may give you a slight edge over another in various content, the choice will likely pale in comparison to many other factors in determining your success in the game.

FYI, this is coming from someone whose preferred Covenant choice is likely the weakest of them all and hoping Blizz finally stops being stubborn and buff the ability to be good.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville