Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

How's Warlock in Torghast?

Going to be maining Destro lock in Shadowlands, wondering how well we fare in Torghast.

Anyone tried it out?

Well Warlock has typically been one of the strongest solo classes in the game due to it's pet, cc effects and general utility so I'm sure it is exceptional.

Probably the easiest run

3+ Year Old Account
    Well here we are 2 weeks in. I'll answer my own question. We are definitely good in torghast. Since there is no time limit, if you come to a big pack of mobs you can just wait for your cooldowns to come up (I'm destro so summon internal) and nuke them. Having a tank pet is of course also huge, as well as curse of tongues and weakness.

Having lots of fun in there. Just sit back chill out and blast away.
    Last edited by Niratias; 2020-12-05 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty easy to melt stuff with Demonology though I wish Corruption wasn't tied to any powers because it just means it takes the place of something else. One run I got 6 Demonic Tyrants. The shades this week gave a little trouble but that is partly because it was a bad run and the shades suck. But if Demonology with Venthyr can melt stuff the other two should be fine since they are supposed to be better.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm Destro and it was an absolute joke to clear everything released so far. It feels borderline unfair with some of the powers, like walking around with 5 Infernals or casting Chaos Bolts at no shard cost. Add to that the fact that you've got a pet to tank and amazing self-heal, and it makes Torghast a complete walk in the park.

One of the strongest classes for Torghast, for sure.

easy, there are some anima powers that are almost guaranteed win for example:

+100% pet dmg/health immediately and every floor you ascend as long as you keep your current pet, so voidwalker now is tougher than a tank and deals good dmg on top

Chaos Bolt costs 10% of your life instead of shards... soul leech almost negates this...

You now summon an additional infernal and you can get this multiple times, i got it twice last week and i was speced into RoC, i had like 9 at the same time at the end boss

+30% primary attribute but you can't jump

i also did an affliction run and got a power that has your corruption apply 60% slow... permanently, you can just cast a seed and run around till all are dead...

i didn't try demo but something tells me that with the right anima powers felguard is going to solo it

Torghast is a fiesta of crazy overpowered abilities

I've been running as Afflic, we're definitely strong as hell but I haven't seen any gamebreaking anima powers like some other classes/specs get.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared all wings at level 3 solo as Affliction. Had little to no issues. Voidwalker keeps you safe, esp if you manage to get the 100% dmg/hp anima that increases each floor and/or the health funnel boost.

Demonic Portal lets you skip most of the traps, there’s a Demonic Teleport anima that decreases damage talen by 50% for 20 (?) seconds. Being a dot class makes it easy to dot-and-run killing the urns for plasma to keep up the pace.

Lock has great tools to run Torghast.

Last week I went afflic, this week I went destro.

Destro has an easier time for sure, and also I don't get the good anima powers. I never got this one that increases pet dmg by 100%, the one that gives you more infernals or decreases CB damage or makes it cost life. Lol

Got the improvement from the Maw this week to appear more uncommon powers, maybe next week I'll have better "luck".
    Thanks for the heads up!

3+ Year Old Account
    Sounds less like a challenging solo experience and more of a fun blow shit up zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, thats one way to interpret people saying they where able to clear it solo.

You can still die. Make a judgement error pulling an extra elite or land in a big pack of casters and you’ll still break a sweat.

Me completing all wings was due to clearing out the entire floor and picking up every anima or phantasm possible. Slow and steady wins the race.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Last week I went afflic, this week I went destro.

Destro has an easier time for sure, and also I don't get the good anima powers. I never got this one that increases pet dmg by 100%, the one that gives you more infernals or decreases CB damage or makes it cost life. Lol

Got the improvement from the Maw this week to appear more uncommon powers, maybe next week I'll have better "luck".
    does the 100% pet damage work only for the like voidwalker/imp/succubus/felhunter - - or, also infernals?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

I play Demo. It's simply awesome, you Felguard tanks and after a few health/dmg upgrades your pets do all the work. If you get the multiple Tyrant trait, you're set. My runs are mostly my pets doing all the work while I go around looting, destroying phylacteries, etc. But even without those nice traits you're pretty strong, because through your pet you have effectively double the health of other classes.
    There are some hairy situations if your felguard dies, but you have so much CC and self heal that it's no problem at all.
    WL seems incredibly strong. Solo is MUCH easier for me than playing with other classes in a group.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-05 at 06:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Cleared all wings at level 3 solo as Affliction. Had little to no issues. Voidwalker keeps you safe, esp if you manage to get the 100% dmg/hp anima that increases each floor and/or the health funnel boost.

Demonic Portal lets you skip most of the traps, there’s a Demonic Teleport anima that decreases damage talen by 50% for 20 (?) seconds. Being a dot class makes it easy to dot-and-run killing the urns for plasma to keep up the pace.

Lock has great tools to run Torghast.
    This the problem I am having.
    keeping the VW alive. Never had this issue in all the time playing since wow launched.
    hit level 60 and its like my VW is made of paper.

Reach the end boss at level 3 and even with all the extra buffs aimed at the demon
    spending so much time healing him, I am destro spec.

I've found some other classes can go faster, but warlock can be really safe.

Ended up with a 128k HP voidwalker.
    On top of a talent allowing me to cast 2 infernals at once.
    And to summon one (well, two because previous line) when I cast my Covenant ability.

I think that sums it up huhu

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    This the problem I am having.
    keeping the VW alive. Never had this issue in all the time playing since wow launched.
    hit level 60 and its like my VW is made of paper.

Reach the end boss at level 3 and even with all the extra buffs aimed at the demon
    spending so much time healing him, I am destro spec.
    Weird, never came close to die in all the lvl3 runs I made so far.

The Health Funnel talent (10% dmg reduction on the pet after casting it) is a good easy addition to help on the VW survival.
    And use as much as possible any stun/avoidance sh*t you can get to mitigate the damage the VW could get while you zerg bigger groups : Shadowfury, Infernals, fear / Mortal Col / Howl of Terror, Torghast pots, ...
    Don't be afraid to lose DPS and HP with Health Funnel to heal him up, you can eat / healthstone easily out of combat so maxing your own HP is not that vital...

I managed a few lvl3 without getting any HP powers for the Walker and got it through quite smoothly. So using our basic toolkit might be enough without beoing specially "lucky" on pet powers.
    Last edited by Ninix; 2020-12-06 at 12:18 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well your pet tanks everything and you just blast everything.

It's very easy to do Torghast as a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    does the 100% pet damage work only for the like voidwalker/imp/succubus/felhunter - - or, also infernals?
    The 100% works on the demon you currently have.

If the pet dies or if you summon another one, you lose the benfits from upgrades from previous floors. But the new one will get his +100% when you hit next floor.
    Ponctual demons don't get anything from it, as far as I've seen.

However, the powers granting +XX% HP or dmg to pets are permanent, whatever the demon and whenever you summon it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same comments as everyone else. Have cleared level 3 of all wings so far as affliction. Not even fully heroic dungeon geared. Only trouble I had was with Maw of the Maw. Killed it with timing fear/stun consistently until DR, but it was close.