Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Do people not understand that multiboxers bring down the prices of herbs so you noobs can raid while only having to buy one token per week for your flasks instead of 3?
    You do know that you can farm the mats yourself, right? Right?

And if you're in a guild, then contribute to the guild bank by putting stuff there that you can farm, so you can get stuff you need but are unable to farm.

Or... y'know, sell the stuff you can farm in the AH, since those prices would've gone up as well, and use that gold to buy the stuff you need.

Fun fact: people think this is a good decision but you can still bot with 40 accounts without any limitation.
    We know how it works even if they detect a bot they will back in 2 days and they will farm for 6 more months.

The price will rise and people will cry about spending 20/30k for every raid evening or the price will rest the same less multi boxer and more botters.

It will be one of those 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Because it got to levels where people could multibox 20 characters.

2? Sure. 3? Why not. 5? Mhm, ok... But when it's 10, 15 and 20 and beyond as comps grow more powerful, it becomes downright disruptive.

I for one am glad that gathering professions might become lucrative again, without needing 9-19 more accounts.
    lucrative where?
    They can still run bots, you know and they will be more now since there will be less competition and more profit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    If they want to buy an entire PC for every character, then sure.

This change won't eradicate multiboxing but it will cripple it. The swarms of endless dozens of boomkins on every hotspot will die.

And that's enough for me.
    Imagine being grown up and hopefully gone to school yet think its universal law that 1 "hardware" = equals 1 software running

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Um....they were paying and they were paying more. In order to pay for a token you have to have gold, regardless of where it came from, to buy it. Someone buys the token at $20 instead of $15 (monthly sub). So they are losing more money by going this route.
    Yes, but this is still botted gold. There are really very small amount of multiboxers that farm everything with their accounts on legitimate ways. Hell I even had a guy in my guild that was botting with 10 of his accounts a lot. I was surprised he was never banned for it.

fucking 10 years late ffs.
    we will see prices rocketing. it will be next expansion that mats to craft items lowered and the economy is normalized.
    I am glad they are doing this but too fucking lateeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Yes, but this is still botted gold. There are really very small amount of multiboxers that farm everything with their accounts on legitimate ways. Hell I even had a guy in my guild that was botting with 10 of his accounts a lot. I was surprised he was never banned for it.
    Just because it was botted gold, it was gold that was still generated within the game. Which mean Blizzard was still making an extra $5 on it. It is lost profits for Blizzard either way.

fuking finally.... no more flocks of druid birds eating all the herbs in the Zone

Oh damn, this is huge. This is so huge it might kill WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    we will see prices rocketing. it will be next expansion that mats to craft items lowered and the economy is normalized.
    Shadowlands flasks already require 19 herbs instead of 30 for BfA greater flasks. Shadowlands cauldrons require 8 flasks instead of 12 for BfA. All that before procs of course.

Just because it was botted gold, it was gold that was still generated within the game. Which mean Blizzard was still making an extra $5 on it. It is lost profits for Blizzard either way.
    Doubtful. Depending on the price of mats, more people will just buy tokens. Maybe a loss, maybe a gain. I’m going to assume that they ran the scenarios before making the decision. There’s zero chance they waited all these years to haphazardly eat a giant loss in profit.

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    Fun fact: people think this is a good decision but you can still bot with 40 accounts without any limitation.
    We know how it works even if they detect a bot they will back in 2 days and they will farm for 6 more months.

The price will rise and people will cry about spending 20/30k for every raid evening or the price will rest the same less multi boxer and more botters.

It will be one of those 2.

- - - Updated - - -

lucrative where?
    They can still run bots, you know and they will be more now since there will be less competition and more profit for them.
    The last time I saw bots was 3 years ago in Legion. Quite sure you can still find bots in modern WoW, like the 5 boonkins farming island of thunder or dungeons. But it surely is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

Also, having multiboxer and bots to solve the high demand low supply problem of consumables is a bad design. They can just increase supply or reduce demand and we don't have to rely on bots/multiboxer - pretty simple problem to solve actually. They even did this in wow classic with increased ore/herb spawn rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Doubtful. Depending on the price of mats, more people will just buy tokens. Maybe a loss, maybe a gain. I’m going to assume that they ran the scenarios before making the decision. There’s zero chance they waited all these years to haphazardly eat a giant loss in profit.
    Only time will tell. I doubt they ran numbers though and just going on all the constant feedback they hear. We'll probably have a good idea in a year if they backtrack on it, increase price or drastically increase shop items.

Not a multiboxer, still think this is a lame change.

Good news in my book. In fact, if it were up to me, I'd make multiboxing against the TOS entirely.

Only time will tell. I doubt they ran numbers though and just going on all the constant feedback they hear. We'll probably have a good idea in a year if they backtrack on it, increase price or drastically increase shop items.
    I definitely think the latter will happen regardless. More shop items for sure. Especially since they cut out gender/appearance change offerings.

I definitely think the latter will happen regardless. More shop items for sure. Especially since they cut out gender/appearance change offerings.
    I don't think the shop items will increase because of gender/appearance change. I don't have access to numbers on that, but I would assume the amount of people buying that would be low. I know some of the other services offered free gender / appearance swap if you paid for them. Though I have a completely different opinion on those services that are for another day.

I can see this though causing a huge increase itself though or cost changes.

You are too short-sighted. People will be happier now, which means they stay subbed for longer than they would with multiboxers. Obviously banning all multiboxers right now removes a ton of accounts, but on the long run, better game design will result in way more players.

Maybe they could add a new shop option to close the gap, like paid class changes or paid profession transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Great change and another move in the right direction.
    GG.
    Incorrect but you're entitled to your wrong opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Incorrect but you're entitled to your wrong opinion.
    It's not only his opinion but also Blizzards.